First Carnival Cruise...Looking for suggestions

dinek1

We're going on Carnival Glory (NYC) in September to Canada/New England.

We're signed up for Your Time Dining...Any suggestions/tips?

How about eating at buffets?

Since we are vegetarians (do eat dairy and fish), no interest in most BBQ fare.

On previous cruises, have always enjoyed evening shows. Planning to go to all of them on the Glory.

Any tips/suggestions for this cruise are appreciated.

Looking forward to spending a relaxing week onboard.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

We took this cruise in June, 7 days. Really enjoyed it. This was our second cruise to the New England area.

The Glory is a great ship. You will have no problem with dining.

If you have questions about ports or excursios, I will try to answer.

Shirley

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

We took this cruise in June, 7 days. Really enjoyed it. This was our second cruise to the New England area.

The Glory is a great ship. You will have no problem with dining.

If you have questions about ports or excursios, I will try to answer.

Shirley

Good to know about the dining. It's often a concern with us.

How dressed up were people for the "more formal" nights in the MDR?

On each cruise that I can remember there was always at lease one fish entree on the MDR menu. On Valor this past June my sone enjoyed the Atlantic Salmon and I though the Mahi Mahi was very good. Have not been on the Glory but IMHO the CCL buffets of late have just been OK. There are exceptions such as on Valor there was a Burrito Bar and a Mongolian Wok that were by far the best options in the buffet.

Have a great trip.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

On each cruise that I can remember there was always at lease one fish entree on the MDR menu. On Valor this past June my sone enjoyed the Atlantic Salmon and I though the Mahi Mahi was very good. Have not been on the Glory but IMHO the CCL buffets of late have just been OK. There are exceptions such as on Valor there was a Burrito Bar and a Mongolian Wok that were by far the best options in the buffet.

Have a great trip.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Sounds good. Thanks for the reply.

I haven't been on the Glory, but I would choose to dine in the MDR as much as possible. I find the buffet can be a bit dreary.

We have done Anytime Dining (2 people and 4 people) and never had any problem getting a table just for our group. We did not have to be seated with other groups.

On my last Carnival cruise (May), the "Elegant Nights" were not all that "elegant" (and that's OK.) The men were generally dressed in suits, slacks and a jacket or just a nice shirt and tie with no jacket. I did not see one man dressed in a tuxedo. The ladies were dressed in nice slacks/blouses, simple dresses or a skirt and blouse. I did not see any long gowns.

Go with a open mind.

Don't believe or listen to all of the negative things

Participate in as many things as possible and go to all of the shows.

Read the daily paper and highlite what appeals to you. There will be many conflicting activities.

Be patient and don't be in a rush. Relax and enjoy the cruise.

Take time to explore every deck.

Don't chase after other peoples must do. Doing that may make you miss out on something that is even better.

Don't worry about missing something. You won't be able to do everything and you can use it to justify taking another cruise. :D

Go with a open mind.

Don't believe or listen to all of the negative things

Participate in as many things as possible and go to all of the shows.

Read the daily paper and highlite what appeals to you. There will be many conflicting activities.

Be patient and don't be in a rush. Relax and enjoy the cruise.

Take time to explore every deck.

Don't chase after other peoples must do. Doing that may make you miss out on something that is even better.

Don't worry about missing something. You won't be able to do everything and you can use it to justify taking another cruise. :D

We've been on other cruises so we're used to reading the daily bulletin to find out what's happening. Never in a rush. After all, it's a vacation!

We always make the best of our time when traveling. See what we can, try different foods, and relax, too.

Thanks for the positive suggestions.

We love spicy Indian food.

Then the Mongolian wok station is a must. We did the Glory in March. Enjoyed it tremendously.

Make sure you check out the steak house. If you go the first night, you get a free bottle of wine.

Enjoy your cruise!

Then the Mongolian wok station is a must. We did the Glory in March. Enjoyed it tremendously.

Make sure you check out the steak house. If you go the first night, you get a free bottle of wine.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

Archived