Has anyone ever witnessed fellow cruisers...

picklebongo

Wow this thread is absolutely ridiculous. How old are you people? Who cares if Pickle asks contraversial questions, this thread had nothing to do with them. You are all a bunch of bullies. I certainly hope you don't have kids and teach them to treat people this way. I have often wondered how kids can become bullies, because surely their parents teach them not to be - but clearly there are adults out there who think this kind of behavior is okay. Disgusting.

Not a fight but on my last RCCL cruise in St. Thomas, we went to an out-of-the-way restaurant our guide suggested. As we entered, we saw 2 african-american girls inside sitting at the bar and she was laughing so hard and really seemed to be enjoying herself with the 2 restaurant workers. She was really funny and we started laughing at some of the things she was saying and doing. I finally asked her if she was with our cruise and she said that she was but she missed the ship in Port Canaveral so she had to fly to St. Thomas to catch up with the ship and that she was embarking this day when the ship leaves.

Well, the next 5 or so days, I saw this girl and her friend about the ship many times and always seemed to be having the best time. On the last day at debarkation, we were going through customs, I heard someone crying on the other side of the customs agents, when I looked, I saw the 2 girls in handcuffs, both sitting on the floor next to an agent. I have no clue what they did but it seemed pretty serious. I was thinking probably marijuana but what do I know.

Not a fight but on my last RCCL cruise in St. Thomas, we went to an out-of-the-way restaurant our guide suggested. As we entered, we saw 2 african-american girls inside sitting at the bar and she was laughing so hard and really seemed to be enjoying herself with the 2 restaurant workers. She was really funny and we started laughing at some of the things she was saying and doing. I finally asked her if she was with our cruise and she said that she was but she missed the ship in Port Canaveral so she had to fly to St. Thomas to catch up with the ship and that she was embarking this day when the ship leaves.

Well, the next 5 or so days, I saw this girl and her friend about the ship many times and always seemed to be having the best time. On the last day at debarkation, we were going through customs, I heard someone crying on the other side of the customs agents, when I looked, I saw the 2 girls in handcuffs, both sitting on the floor next to an agent. I have no clue what they did but it seemed pretty serious. I was thinking probably marijuana but what do I know.

Wow, what a way to end a fun vacation.

Wow

My worst thing was something that I heard but did not see as I did not DARE turn around. We were on day 1 of an 8 day to Acapulco and had been at sea only 3 hours. I had gone down to the Guest Services desk to take care of some things and was waiting in a line of 3-4 people. A couple got in line behind me and were having the most horrible fight. F- bombs ,a$$holes, every 4 letter word you could imagine was being tossed back and forth between these two. I expected them to actually start a fist-fight right behind me so I was planning a quick exit strategy ! They wanted to book another cabin so that they would not have to be together, they wanted separate dining times blah, blah, blah. There were no extra empty cabins so I guess one of them ended up sleeping on Lido deck or something. That must have been one of the longest 8 day cruises ever for those folks!

Cudos to the guy who stood up for the couple who sat down in the seats being saved by the two young girls. I love hearing stories like that. As a society we have been conditioned to mind our own business but sometimes rude people need to be put in there places. I wish the story about the two elderly gentlemen who sat down in the Jersey Shore guys seats would have ended similiar.

That sucks about the two african american girls who were having a good time and got arrested. If pot was legal I know a few people on this board who could use a good toke to get the stick out of their arses and quit picking a fight with pickle.

Now I have a question for pickle, this is a serious question i'm not trying to be sarcastic. How can you afford to take clients on a cruise out of pocket and afford a nanny? I'm curious because when I taught special education I was living pretty much paycheck to paycheck.

I remember another show incident...you know how they tell you to stay out of the aisles cause they will be used for the show...well in one production, the dancers run out in the audience and dance, sing or just come down the aisle, an audience member was trying to leave at the same time and accidently tripped a male dancer.

You could tell he was really pissed when he slowly got up and the cruiser tried to help him up and he roughly shook her off and she fled the scene. I was so embarrassed for her because she should never have been leaving during the show anyways.

I think it's awful that they would have the dancers come out into the audience, what if someone is sick and has to leave, or simply has to go to the bathroom??? It's not fair to the audience and creates a hazzard for everyone IMO.

Interest fact....I don't have too :) The whole freedom thing. I'm not the one causing issues on the board anyways....

I believe you started this thread to have another YOU thread around. But my belief does not make it fact :)

I also believe you like causing problems for attention. People see your name and remember it and that is not a good thing. I'm just a random poster no one remembers :)

It seems to me that others have noted you were someone who caused a disturbance on a shop before. You may not have seen it that way but very few who cause issues do. They look at the world through distorted glasses.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!

I remember your name because I keep reading it as ballerina even though there's no B.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 couples who became fast friends. They spent every waking minute at the Lido bar. Both couples were dressed like bikers wannabes. They were loud and very obnoxious and drunk 24/7.

Thursday night one of the women accused the other's husband of touching her inappropriately. The men were circling each other and the lady was screaming that she wanted to press sexual assault charges.

2 security guards came and separated the couples. They kept breaking away from security and continued to argue from 20 feet. More security was called and they were taken out of the pool area, I assume in the hall near the elevators, because a couple of minutes later the accused husband's wife came running back out the the pool area and dropped to her knees (as if we were her audience) and was screaming, "Please, don't let them kick us off the boat, we don't have passports!" She was again removed.

They didn't kick any of them off the boat but I never saw either couple with alcohol again. I assume they cut them off for the rest of the cruise.

It was embarrassing to watch and pathetic.

Cudos to the guy who stood up for the couple who sat down in the seats being saved by the two young girls. I love hearing stories like that. As a society we have been conditioned to mind our own business but sometimes rude people need to be put in there places. I wish the story about the two elderly gentlemen who sat down in the Jersey Shore guys seats would have ended similiar.

That sucks about the two african american girls who were having a good time and got arrested. If pot was legal I know a few people on this board who could use a good toke to get the stick out of their arses and quit picking a fight with pickle.

Now I have a question for pickle, this is a serious question i'm not trying to be sarcastic. How can you afford to take clients on a cruise out of pocket and afford a nanny? I'm curious because when I taught special education I was living pretty much paycheck to paycheck.

I didn't read this as being sarcastic and I'm not a special education teacher, but regular ed, elementary. My husband's parents passed away a few years ago and he has only one sibling. He had an inheritance and we have invested our money well in the past, real estate and other stuff. We don't live above our means, employ the Ramsey approach, pay off credit cards each month, resale shops, we don't buy new cars until the old ones putter out and we limit eating out. What we DO indulge in are books, music, season tickets to the symphony, and we have started to vacation a bit more extravagantly. I have Paulmedic to blame for that! I believe that's his name. I love reading his reviews and noted all the cool places he stays pre and post cruise, excursions, etc. and decided, why not. So my family is a bit more free about indulging ourselves during vacations.

Just as an aside, childcare in a corporate facility such as Kindercare and LaPetite is about $1400 monthly in my area. That's about the same to have a nanny provide childcare. It's just the word that sounds elitist to some people and dredges up images of wealth, but again, the salary is about the same.

Wait really??? Can I just ask why you thought you had the right to dictate what your clients could do? You don't own them.

Oh no you didn't! :D

I'm such an idiot you say. The things people say to one another when they are not face to face. How often do you hear people saying something like that to each other in "real life"? Well, thanks so very much!

I must be an idiot for taking two "clients", both who have cognitive disabilities on a 10 day vacation, seven of them on a Carnival cruise and it didn't cost them a penny. I spent over $5000 of my own money to take them on a dream vacation and the second day one of them was standing looking out over the ocean and said, "Is this real life or am I dreaming?"

The guy donoiv I was allowing to have his mocking funny, no skin off my nose, it was a slow Friday night. Though my cruise and his comments have absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

Since I was cruising with special needs passengers, the cruise line has a system in place, that THEY designed to assist in monitoring certain people leaving and returning onboard. It was suggested that I use this mechanism that they could not exit the ship without me being aware so that they were not left behind at a port. I would hazard a guess I am not th only person who has used this. Many people actually use this with their children and teens so that they don't find themselves about to sail away and hear their children's names being called over the intercom for not being back onboard. Then what's a parent to do?!

With the help of their case managers, each young woman was given a certain budget to spend daily, my money, not theirs, to insure that it lasted thruout the whole trip.

One of the young women did not return at her curfew, but in my review, I lauded the handling of the situation by Carnival security. Throughout the cruise they cordially checked in with us to see how things were going and they knew the young women on a first name basis since they were the life of the ship and were so outgoing.

So, no, I am not an idiot nor was I fired. As a matter of fact, their families praised me for taking their children on a trip they could never have afforded. Was it stressful at times, yes, but they still talk about it to this day and there is not a week that goes by that they don't get out their photo books and look at their video of their cruise experiece.

Some of you may not be aware, but times have changed when working with people with disabilities. They have alot of freedom to make decisions and are not locked up. They are even given latitude to do dumb things, just like you or I. We try to put in place measures to help keep them safe, but sometimes they make mistakes and hopefully learn from them, just like you and I do.

The young woman who went with me certainly learned from her mistake, when the Captain said she would be put off at the next port if she pulled another disappearing stunt, it was smooth sailing for then on out.

So mock away.

Gotta stick up for you here... now people are just being mean spirited... punks! Hooligans! ROUGIHIANS!

You know, last night this thread was fun. Then starting this morning it turned into another "I am better at life then you are" thread. Those are getting old.

People in this world just can't be nice! They all end up taking things too far! Maybe once they go back to work on Monday they will be nicer.

Oh no you didn't! :D

In my defense for this comment, the word clients was a tad misleading. I understand after explanations she was acting in a role similar to a caregiver.

I totally agree! I was just sitting around on a Friday night, thought I'd start a thread to just get people to share what they had seen on cruises and it was going great. Somebody always has to interject some nonsense.

Word!

Last time I let my wife go out with her friends on a Friday night! Boredom has caused all this trouble!!

Gotta stick up for you here... now people are just being mean spirited... punks! Hooligans! ROUGIHIANS!

You got the ball rolling, but I knew you were posting tongue in cheek and I even laughed at the beginning. But you can see how one person can start a negative avalanche and then the bullies take over and mean spirited namecalling starts.

But back to the thread...have you witnessed any altercations onboard a ship or had a show stop for some reason or another?

When I got to the next to last page and the whole incident was mentioned, I understood. I asked the question before i got that far trying to make sense of it. DONIV was not helpful and did not fully give this topic a chance. I would imagine him to be about 14-16 the way that he writes and acts. I do not know about other post you have started. I know some I have read we really disagree with. But I don't see anything wrong with your original post and certainly no need for vindictiveness from other threads.

If I had seen that post in February, I would have had some questions. That is why the dialog seemed familiar to me. Early in my career I served as a QMRP in a group home for DD adults. So I know how that situation is handled. Yes, they do have rights. I think I also caught that it was not you but another helping you that was angry. Is that right? I would imagine that their functioning level was higher than group home and that they were adults.

But know that, if all were allotted to your credit card, the situation could have been controlled that the sail and sign card if it were set up. Why did your assistant get so angry at the cruise staff? Without knowledge of the whole incident and circumstances I would not make judgment about the incident, but sure would have a whole lot of questions.

I hope you have a great weekend.

1) I am one of the most helpful people I know... I help with a lot... I even helped get this thread going... thousands of views... many many replies... A little more helpful than your input.

2) Even a 16 year old would know that there aren't any beaches in Arizona. :cool::cool:

Why do so many folks continually try the "gotcha game?" Yes, I AM a teacher in that thread and this one too.

Why don't you focus on what this thread is about or just skip posting?

But are you a teacher in real life? ... or just in these two threads?:rolleyes:

Well, I was having fun on this Sat night reading it until all the crap started. It has the potential to be a good thread. On the plus side, I have found more people to add to my ignore list and the OP isn't one of them :rolleyes:

Did I make the list?

But are you a teacher in real life? ... or just in these two threads?:rolleyes:

She's always said she was a elementary school teacher, I believe she said a long time ago second grade. She's never waivered from that.

Where do mentally handicapped adult clients fit in??? Not sure, but I don't really care.

She does have a flair for drama in her writing, I'm not being snarky but if you look at her style (go back in history) she tends to post something fairly interesting and maybe controversial and then only let out info a little at a time.

It's an interesting writing style and very often entertaining IMO.

Carole

You got the ball rolling, but I knew you were posting tongue in cheek and I even laughed at the beginning. But you can see how one person can start a negative avalanche and then the bullies take over and mean spirited namecalling starts.

But back to the thread...have you witnessed any altercations onboard a ship or had a show stop for some reason or another?

Isn't it odd that for a website that is supposed to be about vacation and relaxation... people are so mean spirited? Have a little fun? yes... personal attacks? Unjustified.

She does have a flair for drama in her writing, I'm not being snarky but if you look at her style (go back in history) she tends to post something fairly interesting and maybe controversial and then only let out info a little at a time.

It's an interesting writing style and very often entertaining IMO.

Carole

It's a gift... some people are so boring in their writing... just read some of the reviews on here... Got up. Showered. Ate. Relaxed. Ate. Sat by pool. Ate. Blah... blah... Here's a picture... slept.... Any questions?

Archived