Has anyone ever witnessed fellow cruisers...

picklebongo

She's always said she was a elementary school teacher, I believe she said a long time ago second grade. She's never waivered from that.

Where do mentally handicapped adult clients fit in??? Not sure, but I don't really care.

She does have a flair for drama in her writing, I'm not being snarky but if you look at her style (go back in history) she tends to post something fairly interesting and maybe controversial and then only let out info a little at a time.

It's an interesting writing style and very often entertaining IMO.

Carole

Carole I am no longer a second grade teacher, I was transferred to another grade level a few years ago. You may not recall, but why should you anyways, I own an agency that works with people who have developmental disabilities, hence they are referred to as "clients".

I apologize for my writing style, it is what it is. More details come out in threads because people like you pose questions and I respond. For instance, somebody asked how I can afford to cruise and take others on a cruise. That is not something a person would normally share in a thread that has nothing to do with this, but I answered anyways, hence more information came out. It just happens as you can see.

Carole I am no longer a second grade teacher, I was transferred to another grade level a few years ago. You may not recall, but why should you anyways, I own an agency that works with people who have developmental disabilities, hence they are referred to as "clients".

I apologize for my writing style, it is what it is. More details come out in threads because people like you pose questions and I respond. For instance, somebody asked how I can afford to cruise and take others on a cruise. That is not something a person would normally share in a thread that has nothing to do with this, but I answered anyways, hence more information came out. It just happens as you can see.

Yeah, I just don't get it. Carole positions herself as the end all/be all decision maker on the truth... didn't even realize that you aren't teaching second grade any more! Now that I can't trust Carole... who the heck CAN I trust???

It's a gift... some people are so boring in their writing... just read some of the reviews on here... Got up. Showered. Ate. Relaxed. Ate. Sat by pool. Ate. Blah... blah... Here's a picture... slept.... Any questions?

LOL, so funny!

Yeah, I just don't get it. Carole positions herself as the end all/be all decision maker on the truth... didn't even realize that you aren't teaching second grade any more! Now that I can't trust Carole... who the heck CAN I trust???

Donoiv, now I'm beginning to see why your wife needs to get out of the house on a Friday night! : )

I didn't read this as being sarcastic and I'm not a special education teacher, but regular ed, elementary. My husband's parents passed away a few years ago and he has only one sibling. He had an inheritance and we have invested our money well in the past, real estate and other stuff. We don't live above our means, employ the Ramsey approach, pay off credit cards each month, resale shops, we don't buy new cars until the old ones putter out and we limit eating out. What we DO indulge in are books, music, season tickets to the symphony, and we have started to vacation a bit more extravagantly. I have Paulmedic to blame for that! I believe that's his name. I love reading his reviews and noted all the cool places he stays pre and post cruise, excursions, etc. and decided, why not. So my family is a bit more free about indulging ourselves during vacations.

Just as an aside, childcare in a corporate facility such as Kindercare and LaPetite is about $1400 monthly in my area. That's about the same to have a nanny provide childcare. It's just the word that sounds elitist to some people and dredges up images of wealth, but again, the salary is about the same.

Good thinking with the Ramsey approach. I tried to implement that but was unsuccessful at the time. I'm in the Registered Nursing program right now and when I get out I would like to try it again. Dave Ramsey is a genius. I didn't get into Special Education for the money but quickly realized that the paperwork and politics that come with the job is not worth sticking around for a measly paycheck.

Good thinking with the Ramsey approach. I tried to implement that but was unsuccessful at the time. I'm in the Registered Nursing program right now and when I get out I would like to try it again. Dave Ramsey is a genius. I didn't get into Special Education for the money but quickly realized that the paperwork and politics that come with the job is not worth sticking around for a measly paycheck.

When you think about it, the Ramsey approach is just common sense, living within ones means. You are so right, special education is a bear, the paperwork would bury me. I give special ed teachers alot of respect!

When you think about it, the Ramsey approach is just common sense, living within ones means. You are so right, special education is a bear, the paperwork would bury me. I give special ed teachers alot of respect!

Something to ponder...

What if his payment snowball grabs one of your feet and pulls you in? Next thing you know, you are tumbling down the mountain... gaining more snow and steam along the way...

1) I am one of the most helpful people I know... I help with a lot... I even helped get this thread going... thousands of views... many many replies... A little more helpful than your input.

2) Even a 16 year old would know that there aren't any beaches in Arizona. :cool::cool:

Actually, there are a number of beaches in Arizona.

Actually, there are a number of beaches in Arizona.

Pray tell... How does this happen?

Note... the edge of a lake is not a beach... it is lakeside... the banks of a river are not beaches... they are riverbanks...

Pray tell... How does this happen?

Note... the edge of a lake is not a beach... it is lakeside... the banks of a river are not beaches... they are riverbanks...

Well, they put the London Bridge In Arizona... built it, then dug a canal under it, attached the canal to Lake Havasu and Voila you have to drive over the bridge! They have beaches made out sand (it's real bountiful in the desert!) that look exactly like any other beach.... PLUS you have the London Bridge! AND YES it is the exact bridge that used to go over the Thames in London, England. They tore it down careful (and replaced it with a new one) numbered all the blocks and put it back together in the desert.

Well, they put the London Bridge In Arizona... built it, then dug a canal under it, attached the canal to Lake Havasu and Voila you have to drive over the bridge! They have beaches made out sand (it's real bountiful in the desert!) that look exactly like any other beach.... PLUS you have the London Bridge! AND YES it is the exact bridge that used to go over the Thames in London, England. They tore it down careful (and replaced it with a new one) numbered all the blocks and put it back together in the desert.

I'm sorry, but that's just nuts. Not you, you really seem to be trying... but the whole bridge thing. Someone took the whole "If you build it they will come" thing a little too far...

1) I am one of the most helpful people I know... I help with a lot... I even helped get this thread going... thousands of views... many many replies... A little more helpful than your input.

2) Even a 16 year old would know that there aren't any beaches in Arizona. :cool::cool:

It's all beach, just no water!!! Come here and see for yourself. We even have palm trees and a few pelicans. I do miss the Flamingos however. But I see that when I go to Las Vegas. So see, a sixteen yo did not know.

It's all beach, just no water!!! Come her and see for yourself. We even have palm trees and a few pelicans. I do miss the Flamingos howver. But I see that when I go to Las Vegas. So see. a sixteen yo did not know.

Two posts... two major typos.. batting a 1000 now!

If you think those other vids are scary check this one out.. they are actually getting in a SECURITY GUYS FACE?! They need Tasers.. Tasers!

As for the title I guess "goes ham" means acting like a scumbag?

Vacation of a lifetime!

• 9 months later...

AHOY SHIPMATES,

A fairy tale starts "Once upon a time" and a sea story starts

"this is no s--t" 1998 World Cruise 116 days mostly elderly very wealthy people, a high % of widows who are used to being "in charge"

in their communities or associations etc.

About a week into the cruise I was leaving the MDR after evening meal

and noticed a commotion by the elevators. Two ladies (in their 80's)

were standing toe to toe wailing away at each other with their long strap purses and yelling bad words, landing some good blows too.

Another gentleman and I intervened and separated them and security was called. First question was Why are you fighting?

One combatant replied " I was here first and pushed the button and when the elevator arrived she tried to get on ahead of me." true story

They were both repeat World Cruisers and wanted to be VIP s

Archived