Flow rider help

I see it is 60$ for a flow rider lesson with a group. Are there ever discounts for that such as a crown and anchor coupon book when you get onboard or anything ??? Thanks. And do you need a lesson I am an athletic 27 yo male?

No discount coupons for the flowrider.

I see it is 60$ for a flow rider lesson with a group. Are there ever discounts for that such as a crown and anchor coupon book when you get onboard or anything ??? Thanks. And do you need a lesson I am an athletic 27 yo male?

My crew has never had a lesson (Started at age 9, 12, and 38.) I would suggest FlowRiding on Day 1 when everyone else is boarding the ship, or on Day 2 early morning...you will get some great advice from the crew members...and there will not be a lot of people wanting to ride. I would then decide if a group lesson is needed...(Keep in mind...you could have up to 8 people in the lesson for just an hour...that could turn out to be just a few rides...it just all depends.) We have had our best luck with Day 1 and early morning rides. We also have rented out the FlowRider for 300.00 per hour. We have never seen discounts...that would be nice, though!

Have fun! We sail on Saturday...my crew can't wait to FlowRide again!

Crystal

I have never seen a discount. I agree with the poster above - hop on the Flowrider on Day 1 when everyone is boarding and not many are interested in the Flowrider. You'll get some good time in and you'll be able to decide if this is for you and if you want more time and/or a lesson.

Need a lesson or not? I'm assuming you're asking about stand-up. Boogie board shouldn't require any lessons at all. You probably won't need a lesson. You get great instruction from the sports deck staff when riding during open times. You'll be able to be up and on it.

Once you can load yourself without staff assistance, you can attend the "advanced flow rider sessions" for the first hour each morning. This will give you some good time with minimal lines.

For us, the Flowrider is a priority when we cruise, and we have been able to estimate that the wait will be about 30 seconds for each person in line. This can really add up during peak times, and it's not worth it (to us) to stand in line for an hour just to ride for 2-3 times.

On our past 2 cruises, the open time just hasn't been enough for us to get a fix for our addiction, so we have bought private lessons, just for the extra time. Even with 8 people in the group, we get plenty of time and wear ourselves out. Plus you get to meet and know some like-minded people.

Tip: One of our favorite memories was a 10:30pm Flowrider "lesson" on the last night of the cruise. Beautiful sky. It was a great way to wind down from the trip.

Oh, one more thing - many don't know - the water is heated. So riding on a cool evening is pretty awesome.

Enjoy your cruise!

I didn't know about the group lesson OR the private rental options.

Can someone explain more about these options?

Is there always 8 ppl in a group lesson? Or is that the max?

If you do the private rental for $300. How many people in your group does that $300 cover and then does that include lessons/help?

THANKS!!! :)

Private lessons are minimum 6, maximum 8 passengers.

Group rental is not available to pre-book, but available onboard. If I remember correctly, the limit is 12 people. We have seen groups of Flowrider fans who met during the week pool funds for a private session later in the week.

Private lessons include 2 sports deck staff as instructors. They ask you what your goals are and really help you zero in on them. We have seen significant improvement in the 1-hour private lessons.

Group rental will include a sports deck staff (for safety and to operate the Flowrider), but they technically are not there for instruction. I have never done a private, but my guess is that you would still get a little instruction, either from the sports deck staff or your fellow Flowriders. For those passionate about the Flowrider, it's hard not to want to help everyone around you improve. :)

From Cruise Compasses I've seen, it appears they open the Flow Rider from 1pm to 6pm on embarkation day, with a 45 minute break for the muster drill.

Day 2 should open at 8am or 9am for the 1-hour advanced session. Then it will be open riding after.

You'll be able to see it on your Compass the day you embark. We wear our swimsuits under our clothes when we board. Grab a snack, and go right to the Flowrider. But we're nerds like that.

Only the Oasis and Allure offer stand up surfing on embarkation day as they have 2 flowriders. There will be little or no line for either stand up or boggie board.

The rest of the Freedom class ships will offer boggie boarding only on embarkation day.

In either case, learn to self load a soon as possible for stand up surfing as Flowriders open early for "advanced" surfing. You don't have to be advanced, just able to load yourself. Again the lines will be short.

Port days also have very short lines in the morning.

If you do take a lesson, do it early in the week to take advantage of advanced sessions.

Lou

Archived