Cruise web sites - awful

darkpelagic

Has anyone had uniformly great experiences with any particular major cruise line web sites? I've been on or booked 5 cruises with 3 companies and every single time there are problems at some point.

First and fifth was Celebrity - at times it just refused to let me log in - no error messages or reasons given, just failure to log in.

Second was P&O - major collapse in the middle of booking a cruise on the last day of a special. I had to resort to a travel agent because when I called to book the cruise representative claimed there was no special.

Third and Fourth is Princess - clunkiest most annoying site ever. Currently not allowing me to look at my cruise personalizer because I went back one step to look again at my itinerary. Now it has an unexpected response code and has tangled itself up in its own faulty logic.

Are there any GOOD cruise website systems? You'd think they'd have enough money to pay for good programmers.

Yes, from time to time the web sites have some issues but there is so much more that you can do on them than in years past and they will only get better in the future.

Some cruise line web sites are certainly better than others.

Keith

Check out the online travel agents. Do a search and you will find them. They seem much better organized and you can compare various ships and lines.

Also check here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/bargains/

http://www.cruisecritic.com/compare/

We have booked 12 cruises using online TA's and had only one problem with one that I had not used before. I went back to my former company and have had no regrets.

When you find a good site, stay with it.

I've had trouble with the Celebrity and Princess websites. I even get to the itineraries on Princess!

Carnival has a good website IMO. Easy to navigate and simple to use. We booked our cruise and excursions right there!

Archived