Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Hoping someone can assist with this question... My husband recently began wearing an insulin pump that automatically delivers his insulin. His doctor told him it should not be passed through a X-ray machine. We emailed NCL but all they said is they will make note of it. Does anyone happen to use an insulin pump? How do you manage going through the X-ray machines and customs on the islands?? Should we bring a note from the doctor? Would that be enough? I would hate for him to go through the hassle of dealing with a pat down every time he comes and goes ....

My daughter and I have been long time wearers of insulin pumps. We routinely remove our pumps prior to TSA screening at the airport and send it through the xray scanner with the rest of our medications and supplies. It saves the hassle of setting off the metal detector and the resulting extra pat down and screening. If you prefer to have alternate screening, such as a pat down, that is your option.

That being said, the thing that usually sets off the metal detector is usually not the pump itself, but the beltclip. Sometimes just removing the clip and sending it through the xray scanner is good.

I have never had an issue while going through screening boarding or reboarding a ship. The pump/clip does not generally set off the metal detector there, and just a heads up to the security agent there that you have diabetes and wear an insulin pump is usuall sufficient.

Good luck and have a fantastic cruise!:)

A 1080p Full HD (21 min long!) arrival video of the Breakaway in the Eemshaven last week, cam zooms in at the fast lifeboat and thus on the deck below which I now thinks will be accessible, note the wooden style doors? Around 9:30 in the movie.

Credits: FivelingoPilotVieuw on Youtube

Can anyone share the link to follow the breakaway via marine traffic? I've searched and haven't found anything resembling the screenshot posted.

Thank you :)

I think that screenshot is probably from an App. There are a couple that you can get, although I don't think they are free.

Can anyone share the link to follow the breakaway via marine traffic? I've searched and haven't found anything resembling the screenshot posted.

Thank you :)

Hands down the BEST site is this one (and its 10% free, and 1000% better than any app), and below is the direct link for the Norwegian Breakaway. If you ever want to know where she is, and watch her do it in real time, just click here:

http://shipfinder.co/ship/311050800

And one really really cool thing to do is try the "Playback" option, where you can set the timer back however far you want, and replay the motion (sped up if you choose) of where the ship(s) where in that area at that time frame). You can actually see the maneuvers the Breakaway was executing during the trials!

I think that screenshot is probably from an App. There are a couple that you can get, although I don't think they are free.

I just added the Marine Traffic App to my iPad. Much easier then the website. Breakaway did a couple of spins and now headed back toward port.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363635882.000152.jpg.cd20a4e12d5781380a4caf267aed90ed.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Hands down the BEST site is this one (and its 10% free, and 1000% better than any app), and below is the direct link for the Norwegian Breakaway. If you ever want to know where she is, and watch her do it in real time, just click here:

http://shipfinder.co/ship/311050800

And one really really cool thing to do is try the "Playback" option, where you can set the timer back however far you want, and replay the motion (sped up if you choose) of where the ship(s) where in that area at that time frame). You can actually see the maneuvers the Breakaway was executing during the trials!

And here's a screenshot of what it looks like :cool:

Shipfinder.jpg

I just added the Marine Traffic App to my iPad. Much easier then the website. Breakaway did a couple of spins and now headed back toward port.

[ATTACH]264832[/ATTACH]

Not really easier than the website, if you just click the direct link I provided ;););)

Back to the smoking issue, have a quick question. I see there is a humidor / cigar lounge on deck 8 on the starboard side. We are staying in a balcony room on 10 directly above it. I am wondering if the cigar smoke, which I am not a fan of, will make it's way up two floors and we will be able to smell it? Not sure if we should look at changing our room...anyone venture a guess?

Wee hours of the morning in the North Sea and it looks like they're really trying to stretch out the Breakaway's legs, cruising due north at about 20 knots about 40 miles out from Eemshaven and no sign of turning around :D

Screen_Shot_2013_03_18_at_9_27_33_PM.png

Back to the smoking issue, have a quick question. I see there is a humidor / cigar lounge on deck 8 on the starboard side. We are staying in a balcony room on 10 directly above it. I am wondering if the cigar smoke, which I am not a fan of, will make it's way up two floors and we will be able to smell it? Not sure if we should look at changing our room...anyone venture a guess?

The cigar bar is sealed and not open to the outside. There is no way you will be able to smell it unless you have a great imagination :D

I really don't think that would be an issue. Deck 9 is closed to deck 8 so you should be ok. (There aren't too many fans of cigar smoke. I know I don't like it!! Yuck!!!)

Wee hours of the morning in the North Sea and it looks like they're really trying to stretch out the Breakaway's legs, cruising due north at about 20 knots about 40 miles out from Eemshaven and no sign of turning around :D

And she won't be turning around next stop Bremerhaven on 03/20/2013.

So cool...keep us posted!!!!:)

And she won't be turning around next stop Bremerhaven on 03/20/2013.

Ah that's right! Really amazes me that this massive ships can be built so (relatively) quickly, and right away they're ready to be cranked up and go full speed on the high seas. I mean is this not the first day basically that she's actually be fully fired up and cruising? Incredible. Now I'm sure there's loads of fine tuning & calibration to be done in the coming weeks (engines, instruments, etc), but still! :cool:

great thread...just booked..first time norwegian..cruised many others...but wanted to try norwegina thought why not try the newest..oct 27th...need any and all info about kids clubs..especially one for 6 and 9 yo...thank you

Archived