Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

I thought I read somewhere that the haven suites came with wifi. Can anyone confirm? I can't remember where I read that. Since I haven't heard anything since, I'm thinking what I might have read is "wifi access is AVAILABLE"

Also, my last cruise was ( GASP) 9 years ago. At that time, my husband and I were able to use our cell phones (our plan included free roaming and long distance) however, this may have only been in the ports. I'm wondering what cell service is like these days. Also, back then I didn't have a smartphone. If it matters, we have Verizon.

I thought I read somewhere that the haven suites came with wifi. Can anyone confirm? I can't remember where I read that. Since I haven't heard anything since, I'm thinking what I might have read is "wifi access is AVAILABLE"

Also, my last cruise was ( GASP) 9 years ago. At that time, my husband and I were able to use our cell phones (our plan included free roaming and long distance) however, this may have only been in the ports. I'm wondering what cell service is like these days. Also, back then I didn't have a smartphone. If it matters, we have Verizon.

Unless it changes wifi has not been free in the past, even with Haven Suites. As for cell access on board, it is available but again at an extra cost.

I also read (and watched) your review. We have 2 girls (7&6 right now. They will be 9&7 when we actually sail. and will be their first cruise) so it was nice reading about your experience with your children and the kids club.

Thanks for checking it out my kid really love the kids club I'm sad they are getting older my dtr is now 13 hope she likes the new age grouping they have really improved the program as well with many new things fleet wide:D

Sorry, should have searched forums first! But I a m still wondering about any included haven wifi

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1814275&highlight=wifi

We've BEEN doing that for weeks now, however it becomes difficult to weed through all of the other stuff (i.e. the where's-my-room queries) in order to find the really interesting posts and updates. Plus we're in a big lull of new information on the ship - literally nothing new to be found since Breakaway is sitting in port at Bremerhaven having the finishing interior touches added. So naturally as a result all we're left with are the where's-my-room posts, hence the reason we're all finally getting tired of seeing them. I too come to this thread for updates on the ship, and if there is indeed no new information or photos, I personally would rather there be zero new posts in the thread. That way, at least its much easier to check for new info rather than wade through all the junk only to find that there is really nothing new. That is the big issue that people are complaining about.

Well said joeski27

You will have wifi access in every cabin. Depending on plan to purchase $.40 - $.75 a minute. Owners suites and Deluxe owners suites come with a laptop but no FREE wifi.

Cell service is available as well on the ship but like wifi not free no matter what plan you have. Think in terms of $2.50 a minute.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

We're booked on the 10/20 sailing currently in a balcony cabin on Deck 11. Think I made a good choice deck wise? Toying with the idea of upgrading to an aft balcony. Is it worth it? Is the room or balcony bigger or am I just paying for the aft view?

We're booked on the 10/20 sailing currently in a balcony cabin on Deck 11. Think I made a good choice deck wise? Toying with the idea of upgrading to an aft balcony. Is it worth it? Is the room or balcony bigger or am I just paying for the aft view?

I booked a deck 11 aft balcony - I've heard great things about the view. I do not believe they are any bigger than a regular balcony stateroom - it seems the location is what you're paying for. The ncl.com pages indicates 226 square feet for aft balcony, large balcony and balcony. So I guess it's all about the view! I'm going the week before you :)

I booked a deck 11 aft balcony - I've heard great things about the view. I do not believe they are any bigger than a regular balcony stateroom - it seems the location is what you're paying for. The ncl.com pages indicates 226 square feet for aft balcony, large balcony and balcony. So I guess it's all about the view! I'm going the week before you :)

Thanks! I know there's not much to go on considering the ship hasn't even sailed yet. Enjoy your cruise! :)

Hi Jenny,

Many people just love aft balconies. We have never had one before but did decide to book one for our September cruise. Chances are that the cabins themselves will be more or less the exact same size..however it does appear that the balconies are somewhat larger on most of the aft decks.

I am sure there will be great views from them many times. You might want to give it a try.

I never like to say a ship is ugly but the two pictures of Epic and Breakaway......Wow, the Epic is way too boxy and that haven area up top is :eek: what were they thinking?????

You're best bet is to check with Verizon...they'll give you all the pricing. Texting is actually cheap....if I remember correctly it was 5 cents to receive and 50 cents to send.

From the pictures and discussion posted here pages ago, the aft balconies do appear larger.....especially those on decks 9-12.

Thanks! I know there's not much to go on considering the ship hasn't even sailed yet. Enjoy your cruise! :)

Sail in nothing but aft or fwd bal and yes they are Bigger then the side bal. some even Oder double the size.

Don't go by the ncl stated sq footage it's generic. They used to have a ncl uk site that gave exact sq footage fot bal and rooms separate and by cabin# but they removed the site.:( ie average sq ft for aft bal on the jewel class is 85 -100sqft

Ok, I will come forward as one of the people who asked Gambee to find my cabin, I did not see any "rules" to what questions can be asked. Cruisecritic already has mediators. So, I am sure we do not need extra thread police. I personally think it is an annoyance for people to suggest what can, and cannot be asked here. Honestly, this is what a thread is a host of questions, information, pictures, ideas. If anyone feels the need to step away because, people are asking questions they don't like by all means step away. Now if Gambee has a problem with locating cabins. Please Gambee let us know.

When I booked this cruise I booked a mid ship mini suite so now I know that I have a mid ship mini suite, what other information do i need.

When I booked this cruise I booked a mid ship mini suite so now I know that I have a mid ship mini suite, what other information do i need.

I'm taking that as a rhetorical question.

WE booked a OA for the TransAtlantic. No need for a balcony on the North Sea.

Most(if not all) of the NCL ships have the cell to satellite systems now so your cell will work almost everywhere on the ship, even when you're out at sea. Rates vary ($2.50/min with Verizon I believe) so be sure to check with your carrier. Also, I highly recommend shutting off the data services from your phone once you board. My BIL left his phone on during a cruise on the Pearl and his data charges were over $800 for the week! Be careful.

Most(if not all) of the NCL ships have the cell to satellite systems now so your cell will work almost everywhere on the ship, even when you're out at sea. Rates vary ($2.50/min with Verizon I believe) so be sure to check with your carrier. Also, I highly recommend shutting off the data services from your phone once you board. My BIL left his phone on during a cruise on the Pearl and his data charges were over $800 for the week! Be careful.

I did the same thing...AT&T sent me a text stating that data charges were over $400...eek!!...so I turned it off and put it in the safe. After the cruise I called them and they were nice and just charged a $30 fee of some kind. Live and learn!!!:)

Archived