Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Excuse my lack of knowledge as I have merely skimmed this page every once in a while but what is the significance to the "M6" cabins in the front of the ship?

That one "Breakaway Lifeboat" :p looks similar to a ferry!

Excuse my lack of knowledge as I have merely skimmed this page every once in a while but what is the significance to the "M6" cabins in the front of the ship?

That one "Breakaway Lifeboat" :p looks similar to a ferry!

They have very large balconies, but at the same time they are exposed. They also provide a clear view to the water!

Makes sense to me. That way the shells would land in the wake of the ship. would be awesome if we could see it from the aft cabins :)

I will have to get more information once on board, I want to make sure that I know exactly where they come out from and where is the best place to view them!

Its been 5 weeks since we got inside photos. :(.

I am thinking we will have to wait until the 1st cruise to get any new info.....only 3 weeks.

I don't understand why Ncl is so frugal with the updates ....maybe they are behind schedule and don't want it to be known :confused::confused:

Less than three weeks. ;)

Does anyone have any information on the size of the room where the Cirque show is going to be? Trying to decide if I should make reservations before boarding. Also, if I do make the reservations for myself, DH and another couple, do we have make them for all of us or can it be done separately but still sit together. Usually don't make reservations ahead of time but with the size of "Our" Breakaway, not sure what to do.

I would definitely book this show ahead of time, as well as Rock of Ages, if you are planning on that. On our Epic sailing last year, there were no reservations for Cirque to be had upon boarding, all booked in advance, and even the concierge couldn't get anyone in. Rock of Ages is only the first three nights of pur sailing so again, might book up. You can make your reservations separately, just make sure you all purchase the same level (standard or premium), and try to make them at the same time so one couple doesn't get in and another doesn't. If its like the Epic, there is no advanced seating, just first come, first served within your section (standard or premium) - people were lining up about an hour before the show to get the "best" seats.

Robin

Makes sense to me. That way the shells would land in the wake of the ship. would be awesome if we could see it from the aft cabins :)

Agreed...we booked an aft cabin for the first time and are hoping that the fireworks will be easily viewed from there.

Joeski27.....my favorite shot was the bridge at night. Thank you for posting those. Those lifeboats look a bit clastrophobic...eek!!!

You are most welcome, anything to hold us over until better info/photos arrive :cool:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Firework firing place?

Anyone?

K5S_1460_zpsc77bd09a.png

Hi Gambee!

I believe that is simply an exhaust portal. Norwegian Epic has the exact same type just aft of the stacks at the Sports Court...

http://kelvindavies.co.uk/kelvin/data/media/8/norwegian_epic_v3.jpg

P.S. Royal Princess has one also, similar to the one found amidships on Norwegian Breakaway, although the one on Royal Princess has some added design elements to make it (less plain) 'prettier':

Royal Princess

8538454155_28b8db78f5_n.jpg

Norwegian Breakaway (on big white box)

8509876450_9870a763fa.jpg

Joeski27.....my favorite shot was the bridge at night. Thank you for posting those. Those lifeboats look a bit clastrophobic...eek!!!

Agree! That is an awesome shot of the bridge. The lucky occupants of those cabins below it will get an interesting view thru their portholes, although they will probably be required to cover them at night, unless they keep their cabin lights out.

The lifeboat in the water is the one appearing 'claustrophobic'. It is only used for emergency evacuation. The lifeboat resting on the wooden cradle doubles as a tender if necessary at certain ports, hence its ample windows, and even a 'sundeck'......

Where do you think they will keep the barge while we cruise???

When I went to fireworks night @ Citifield (Let's Go Mets) last July the fireworks were electronically ignited from the top of the stadium. These pyrotechnics were shot from launchers that looked like giant Roman Candles. These launchers are not stationary as they were gone from the stadium the very next day. I don't recall them making alot of noise at ignition, only when they exploded in the air. I do recall thinking to myself that they don't really sound or feel like old fashioned fireworks that we are used to hearing at or around 4th of July celebrations.

Here's some info:

Norwegian Cruise Line is starting off 2013 with a “bang” by announcing that Norwegian Breakaway, the line’s newest ship debuting this May in New York City, will feature an exciting fireworks show on every cruise. The environmentally-friendly pyrotechnics display will dazzle guests on the second to last night at sea each week, after the ship departs Bermuda during her summer inaugural season. To view a short animation of the fireworks show please visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFOSvMKzI1E&feature=youtu.be.

Building on the electrifying theme of the ship’s headlining Broadway show, ROCK OF AGES, the awe-inspiring fireworks will be the grand finale of a decadent 1980s-themed deck party and will be set to a specially-selected playlist of classic 1980s hits by artists like Madonna, Devo and Prince.

“All the incredible entertainment and amenities on Norwegian Breakaway are going to wow our guests,” said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian Cruise Line’s CEO. “We wanted one additional element that would really blow them away and this incredible fireworks show is going to take the cruise to a new level of excitement.”

As guests party the night away at the high-energy party under the stars in the open-air Spice H20 venue at the aft of the ship, they will be transported to the 1980s, where music and fun reigned supreme. In a breathtaking finale, a mesmerizing color-filled fireworks show will light up the night sky, right above the ship. The fully-produced show is a visual masterpiece that is set to a playlist of classic 80s hits including “Come on Feel the Noise,” by Quiet Riot; “Whip It,” by Devo; “Cherish,” by Madonna; “Final Countdown,” by Europe; and “Purple Rain,” by Prince. As the fireworks blast to the beat of the music, guests will enjoy an experience unlike anything else offered at sea on New York’s ship.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/1/prweb10299960.htm

____

Let's Go Mets! ;) :D

When I went to fireworks night @ Citifield (Let's Go Mets) last July the fireworks were electronically ignited from the top of the stadium. These pyrotechnics were shot from launchers that looked like giant Roman Candles. These launchers are not stationary as they were gone from the stadium the very next day. I don't recall them making alot of noise at ignition, only when they exploded in the air. I do recall thinking to myself that they don't really sound or feel like old fashioned fireworks that we are used to hearing at or around 4th of July celebrations.

I don't know much about fireworks, but I do know on the Disney Dream they were fired off the starboard side, mid-aft area right behind the pools. They didn't sound like regular fireworks, but looked beautiful in the air! The show was at night, and by morning I couldn't find any evidence of where they were launched. The launch area was widely cordoned off, so you couldn't get close to the area to check it out...or get lit up!

New here. I was wondering if anybody knew when Norwegian was going to let us book entertainment and dining options on NCL.com. I still cannot book mine yet :-(

Hello there - your entertainment & dining booking should be available to you once you are at/under 45 days until your departure date. :D

Archived