Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Well, there you have it. Just finished watching the Gem leave NY Harbor. First movement I saw as at 4:11pm, she passes under the Verrazano at 5:08-5:09, so just about an hour today. That NY Harbor cam is amazing! It followed the ship as far as it could, zooming in to show the pilot boat, close ups of the ship, etc. pretty darn cool, even on a foggy messy day like today!

Robin

I'm glad you enjoyed it. After I first learned of it, I watched every sail away I could. During each of our sail aways, I always had extended family watch from 4:30 - 5 pm (if the ship leaves the pier promptly at 4 pm) so we wave to them with one hand and talk to them on the cell phone on the other :D They could also take some screen shots for you and you have a wonderful "sailaway" photo from your vacation! If enough people call the B&B that runs the harbor cam for a specific sail away and you tell them you will be waving off the starboard side, they will try to zoom in on you. Their phone number is on the website. They also "capture" some sail photos and archive them on their site as well. Enjoy! If you are anything like me, this site will quickly turn in to a weekly obsession, especially each Sunday evening when the Breakaway sets sail!

8660795511_80e3b64b10_z.jpg

Sorry the quality is poor on this one

Bliss in looking FIERCE! :D The LED wall is going to be something else. Might need to wear sunglasses in there if it's that bright! :eek:;) The bar setup looks nice. I just wonder if there's going to be anywhere to sit or if they'll have us standing all night. My feet won't be sore from dancing but from standing! :D

Looks like the crew are testing "the plank"

(from an article in the German "Nordsee-Zeitung" http://www.nordsee-zeitung.de/region/bremerhaven_artikel,-Ein-Warenlager-fuer-ein-Schiff-_arid,903034.html )

698869_0_articleorg_380_008_9439344_150nclplan.jpg

The Cruise Staff received guidance today from the manufacture on proper usage of the safety equipment and did a trial run on the ropes course and the plank! Glad someone got a ground shot of them doing it! :)

The Plank is freaking awesome lol. Looks like the harness is really short (make sense) though so nobody can actually go planking on the plank lol.

8661391908_c1c14b94dc_b.jpg

Great that they're painting the Big White Box! Still looks terrible but at least there's something on it.

And heck, Bliss does look unreal!

Looks like RCCL allows passengers to walk out above the bridge wings of the Quantum, I wonder if NCL will eventually modify and open up the space forward of the spa. It would only make sense.

You can do it on the oasis class ships. I was really hoping ncl would have it open, but does not look that way.

You can do it on the oasis class ships. I was really hoping ncl would have it open, but does not look that way.

It's definitely not open right now, but it shouldn't be difficult to modify it to become an open terrace.

I really don't understand the design choice there, why is the glass wall of the spa recessed so far in? At the very lease extend the spa to the end of the overhang of the balcony above. It's just a lot of wasted space to me.

The Plank is freaking awesome lol. Looks like the harness is really short (make sense) though so nobody can actually go planking on the plank lol.

Great that they're painting the Big White Box! Still looks terrible but at least there's something on it.

And heck, Bliss does look unreal!

+1 kudo for NCL for paining the BWB!!

Nice pics all, getting excited!!

Sdmike it might be growing on you because the Statue of Liberty is blocked. When I saw it I said "hmmm it's not that bad" then I realized why...

I agree. The floating head is what I do not like. The buildings are nice.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

As this thread has reached 190 pages, I am trying to find a picture buried within it but can't seem to find one!

Has anyone seen or bookmarked a picture of the port side of the ship - specifically looking for a clearer view of deck 15 port side very forward.. In the latest pics the bridge wings hide what I am looking for.

Have the opportunity to change my suite, and want to see the layout of the balconies because, as a smoker, I try my hardest to make sure my balcony smoke affects others as little as possible.. This new suite may make the situation better, but I need to see balcony layouts from the outside. I am going to try to go through the pages again, but if anyone has one, let me know... Thanks!

Robin

I just ordered my Bar setup and reserved 3 of our 4 restaurants.

Blue cannot be booked online for 2 people so that will have to wait until I board the ship. I have to admit that I was a little bummed about that since I really did not feel like boarding and running to Blue to make a reservation. But at least the other 3 venues are taken care off. So it is a quick jump to Blue and then exploring the ship :)

NCL can you fix this?

As this thread has reached 190 pages, I am trying to find a picture buried within it but can't seem to find one!

Has anyone seen or bookmarked a picture of the port side of the ship - specifically looking for a clearer view of deck 15 port side very forward.. In the latest pics the bridge wings hide what I am looking for.

Have the opportunity to change my suite, and want to see the layout of the balconies because, as a smoker, I try my hardest to make sure my balcony smoke affects others as little as possible.. This new suite may make the situation better, but I need to see balcony layouts from the outside. I am going to try to go through the pages again, but if anyone has one, let me know... Thanks!

Robin

http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=282

Archived