Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

I've been trying to book a reservation for Rock of Ages for my 6/2 cruise. The on line reservation system lists only five entertainment options and Rock is not one of them. Anyone else haviong this problem? All the shows can't be sold out already can they?

Hi, I'm on the 5/26 cruise and we had already booked it and now we are having the same problem as you. It doesn't show up at all. I called and she said she didn't see it either. She said it might be a computer problem and to check in a day or 2 or it could be sold out to the first third of people that called or booked. She also said the day was changed. Who knows????

getting back to the Peter Max design:

http://www.buildingbreakaway.ncl.com/page/3/

Painting the hull of a ship as massive as Norwegian Breakaway is a dream that Peter Max says, “I would have never even dared to dream.” As a young boy, Max traveled the world with his family by boat and formed a deep personal connection with the ocean; therefore, he says the opportunity to showcase his work on the side of a massive cruise ship is “truly unbelievable.”

Prior to discovering his love of art, Max’s first passion was a love of the universe, planets and the solar system. It wasn’t until one of his childhood nannies taught him how to draw that he began experimenting with sketches and colors – a talent he quickly discovered came very naturally. As a result, he abandoned his original plan of becoming an astronomer to pursue a career in art, but pays homage to his first love by including the planets and solar system in much of his work, including Norwegian Breakaway.

Max says that when designing the hull of Norwegian Breakaway, he channeled his inner child to create a playful original piece that represents his past, his passions and New York City, his favorite city on Earth. Max was “filled with glee, and went out of his mind with excitement,” when he heard that Norwegian Breakaway would call New York City home. His deep connection and passion for the city goes beyond just being a resident. He has painted his signature Statue of Liberty design, another element included in the design for Norwegian Breakaway, for every United States President since Ronald Regan. And it was his original Statue of Liberty drawing for President Regan that led Max to lead the $375 million Statue of Liberty renovation project that culminated in 1982.

Max says he cannot wait to sail on board Norwegian Breakaway when she arrives to New York City in May 2013. He wishes he could hop on board, “my baby,” every weekend because he says “this is a ship who’s hull embodies the history of my life and all of my dreams.” When asked how he will feel the first time he sees Norwegian Breakaway sail down the Hudson River he replied, “I live on the west side of Manhattan, so I will have a front row seat, and I imagine I will be so overwhelmed that I might jump out and swim after it.”

Max has created many incredible works of art including a Boeing 777 for Continental Airlines, a US Postage Stamp and a mile-long stage at Woodstock, but considers Norwegian Breakaway his most exciting and rewarding work yet. He expresses deep gratitude and appreciation to Norwegian for giving him this “beyond incredible opportunity.”

video_image.jpg

I've been trying to book a reservation for Rock of Ages for my 6/2 cruise. The on line reservation system lists only five entertainment options and Rock is not one of them. Anyone else haviong this problem? All the shows can't be sold out already can they?

I'm on the 5/19 cruise and my Burn the Floor reservation is missing :(

Here's the skinny, just hung up with a very nice lady at NCL. Apparently, they are changing the schedules for ROA and BTF. Why???

There was no answer for that. As a result, all of the reservations that we had in the system were kicked out and we'll all need to go in and rebook.

However, they have no idea when the schedule will be firm again. The nice lady (let's hope she really does this) has agreed to call me back within 48 hours to update me and hopefully rebook our shows.

At the moment it looks like ROA is being moved to Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. There was no word on BTF.

Also of note, we booked the free Second City show twice because we've heard that based upon the Epic, the shows become more adult as the evening wears on.

I'm told that NCL may comb the system, see our two ressies and cancel one. And I quote, "We have over 4200 passengers on the ship, we need to make sure that everyone gets to see a show at least once."

Really??!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I'll let you know if the nice lady does call me back. ;)

Also of note, we booked the free Second City show twice because we've heard that based upon the Epic, the shows become more adult as the evening wears on.

I'm told that NCL may comb the system, see our two ressies and cancel one. And I quote, "We have over 4200 passengers on the ship, we need to make sure that everyone gets to see a show at least once."

Really??!!!:mad::mad::mad:

That part is not new at all. I'm surprised the system even allowed you to book it twice. Usually, it doesn't.

If you count the wood panels in the floor, it looks like it less than half of the original design. I wonder how trafficked this area is going to be on an average sea day.

Oh my, I just did that (count). I'm really getting to be a real CC'er :)

Ocean Blue menu thread is gone?? Or am I and/or my computer having a senior moment?

Lmao I just noticed the same thing.. I just posted to it, it posted fine, but thread was gone when I went to main forum.. Maybe I messed it up!! :p

Robin

Lmao I just noticed the same thing.. I just posted to it, it posted fine, but thread was gone when I went to main forum.. Maybe I messed it up!! :p

Robin

I saw your post and went to reply back to it saying, "I agree with you 100%".

Go to send it and it says 'no such thread'.

Maybe I did something wrong!

Robin

Appears gone to me. Glad I saved the PDFs. My guess it was a preliminary menu and NCL did not want it shared yet. Everyone was behaving themselves :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Archived