Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

can anyone give me their opinion on what you think the balcony for cabin 12236 will look like? It seems to me that the room next to it is an inside and that indent might be extra balcony space for 12236? I'm I totally off base??

The cabin next to 12236? I assume you mean 12238, would also have a balcony (it's color coded as a B2 category). I've heard those balconies referred to as being "on the hump".

According to the deck page, cabin 12236 is a mini suite with a regular shaped balcony. Cabin 12238 is a B2 balcony with an odd shaped "hump" balcony.

Unfortunately, until the ship is finished and pax start to take some cabin photos, we really can't be sure, and all statements here are pure conjecture.

Good luck!

~Michele:D

can anyone give me their opinion on what you think the balcony for cabin 12236 will look like? It seems to me that the room next to it is an inside and that indent might be extra balcony space for 12236? I'm I totally off base??

Check out posts 208, 251 and 299. Post 299 shows it the clearest. The pictures in these posts show the Breakaway under construction. Although they do not so your actual cabin, they show a similar set up with cabins 12890 and 12892. 12890 has a standard balcony on the hump and 12892 has an angled balcony, which is slightly larger than the others, as it angles from the hump balcony to the standard balcony.

"I can’t tell you how happy I am to have finally announced that a Carlo’s Bake Shop will be opening on Norwegian Breakaway. This partnership has allowed me to achieve so many goals, the most important, being able to reach more of my fans all across the globe. You all mean the world to me and I wanted to bring this slice of Hoboken to you.

Myself, the Carlo’s Bakery family and the Norwegian Cruise Line team have been working hard to build you the true Carlo’s Bake Shop experience. We happily welcomed the Norwegian pastry team to Hoboken and gave them a closer look at how we do things at Carlo’s. We are doing everything to make sure the cakes, pastries and cookies you’re gonna enjoy taste just like they came out of the oven at Carlo’s! And we’re not stopping at pastries, guests will be able to order custom cakes to make whatever they are celebrating – birthdays, weddings, anniversaries – that much more special. But the best part is you can enjoy your Carlo’s favorites while sailing on one of the most amazing and impressive ships on the water!

Family is the most important thing to me. A cruise is such a great vacation for families to relax and spend quality time together. That is one of the main reasons why I wanted to bring a Carlo’s Bake Shop on-board. We want the whole famiglia to get together at one of our new cupcake decorating classes or just enjoy a few cannolis.

This really is a top-notch team and I could not be prouder to be working with them. Norwegian Breakaway is going to be like forgetaboutit! I can’t wait to get on board and check out this beautiful new ship. Who’s comin?! Let me hear it on Twitter – @cakebossbuddy and on Facebook! See you there! Buddy"

That was quoted from the blog.

Planning to cruise in early June and since we live on Long Island we often cruise from one of the NY/NJ ports. Breakaway looks so unique and we love that sort of thing. Question is about dining options. Love the choices and we are fine with a cover fee if the dining experience is special. The website does not mention which restaurants have a fee. Guess it's not available yet. Generally speaking from other NCL ships, can anyone give me an idea of which ones will and the cost?

Thanks!

Laurie

Planning to cruise in early June and since we live on Long Island we often cruise from one of the NY/NJ ports. Breakaway looks so unique and we love that sort of thing. Question is about dining options. Love the choices and we are fine with a cover fee if the dining experience is special. The website does not mention which restaurants have a fee. Guess it's not available yet. Generally speaking from other NCL ships, can anyone give me an idea of which ones will and the cost?

Thanks!

Laurie

This should help with what you're looking for:

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/DiningGuide_11202012.pdf

Monica:)

I can't find anything on this. Someone mentioned it in this thread, but I didn't see a reply. Will Breakaway have bowling?

Thanks

I am not sure because I don't know what "Miniature Bowling" means however there are a number of places that mention:

"Another guest favorite, O’Sheehan’s Neighborhood Bar & Grill, returns on Norwegian Breakaway. This complimentary 24-hour a day neighborhood sports bar and restaurant will serve classic American favorites and comfort food and feature a giant two story television screen, miniature bowling, pool, air hockey tables and interactive games."

I am not sure because I don't know what "Miniature Bowling" means however there are a number of places that mention:

"Another guest favorite, O’Sheehan’s Neighborhood Bar & Grill, returns on Norwegian Breakaway. This complimentary 24-hour a day neighborhood sports bar and restaurant will serve classic American favorites and comfort food and feature a giant two story television screen, miniature bowling, pool, air hockey tables and interactive games."

That explains it. I was looking under Bliss and not O'Sheehan's. Thanks

I did a quick search and it looks like MSC Splendida has something similar:

The new ship, currently being outfitted at STX Europe in St Nazaire, will feature two mini-bowling alleys in its Sports Bar, a first for MSC Cruises.

The minature ten-pin bowling alleys include a traditional-looking bowling surface that is made of a tough phenol compound which allows guests to participate without having to change into special bowling shoes.

The alleys are scaled down to work in a bar environment, to encourage people to mix and mingle, notes the cruise line. The bowling balls are sized slightly smaller than usual making them manageable for young people too.

Above the alleys are two large LCD electronic screens featuring interactive videogame animations, with a choice of Ten Pin Tour and Turkey Shoot.

Ok guys now it gets interesting. NCL just posted on their Facebook that the 100 day countdown starts today and they will be releasing daily fun facts until the day she arrives. :)

Let the fun start!

They got it wrong only 97 days until many of us board in Rotterdam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

They got it wrong only 97 days until many of us board in Rotterdam.

So...is it 100 days until she arrive in NYC?? :confused:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151488459531414&set=a.82478336413.99976.43678986413&type=1&theater

So...is it 100 days until she arrive in NYC?? :confused:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151488459531414&set=a.82478336413.99976.43678986413&type=1&theater

I just think NCL was a day late for 100 days before the ship heads to NYC from Southampton on the 30th.

99 days

until Tuesday April 30 2013

a Tuesday 3 months and 9 days from today

quick question, Does anyone has a remote idea of what dock will breakaway be docking in NY?

The other day I received an email from

THOMAS SPINA | VICE PRESIDENT OF CRUISE OPERATIONS

New York City Economic Development Corporation

110 William Street • New York, NY 10038 • www.nycedc.com<http://www.nycedc.com>

PIER 88

Also talked about, the installation of the new

HYDRA Passenger Boarding Bridges (PBBs) at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal in New York(pier 88).

*The gangways will provide seamless access for cruise guests from cruise terminal building

to Norwegian Cruise Line'’s new Norwegian Breakaway.*

We hope the PBBs will be installed and functional when NCL Breakaway arrives on May 7th.

I'm waiting to see how much clearance the Breakaway has, when it passes under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge.

I'd like to be standing on one of the top decks as we approach NYC.

Archived