Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Own the Night - Is it going to be on Breakaway too?

Was reading on another thread that in the Lattitude magazine they are rolling out 3 new events. One is Own the Night and it says party with the Captain with cocktails and specialty restaurant promotions offered. Sounds somewhat different than the traditional Lattitudes Party but also sounds the same. What it doesn't say is that it is Not offered on Breakway.....

Here is the link what do you think?

http://www.ncllatitudesmagazine.com/Spring2013/NewsFlash/WhatsNewOnBoard/tabid/99/Default.aspx

My guess is that it will be on the Breakaway as well. Not that I know for sure but I am basing it on these statements:

THREE FLEETWIDE ADDITIONS

This unique, Freestyle event happens on the first sea day on every Norwegian cruise

Look at the sizes.

total/cabin/balcony

419/387/32 s7 forward

505/430/75 s6 aft

334/280/54 s5 courtyard penthouse

559/516/42 s4 2bed

570/473/97 s3 OS

936/742/194 s2 DOS

Good info!! where'd you find it? Do you have those measurements for B (balcony) categories? Or the M (suites)?

I have a BB and after seeing all the pics and chatter about how small the balconies are, I'm thinking of changing to a large balcony (B6) or a Mini-Suite (MA or MB) or suite with Large Balcony (m6)

Sorry to go back to the vibe/spice issue but, basically you have to book vibe on day one when you board or you'll miss your chance? So I can't, say, wake up Wednesday morning and decide I want to go there for a few hours? That's disappointing. We have my three year old with us so we won't be planning out every thing in advance like that. If my other family members want to take him for awhile and I want to go to vibe I won't be able to go? Oh well. Guess ill just have to head to spice. Although some are saying that could be full too??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Good info!! where'd you find it? Do you have those measurements for B (balcony) categories? Or the M (suites)?

I have a BB and after seeing all the pics and chatter about how small the balconies are, I'm thinking of changing to a large balcony (B6) or a Mini-Suite (MA or MB) or suite with Large Balcony (m6)

The ship is beautiful but the size of the balconies are very very disappointing. I think they may be so narrow because of the interior hallway for the inside cabins.

ncl.eu do a trial booking and follow the links to the cabin details

http://www.ncl.eu/search.php?order_by=best_match&cruise_ship_id=229&number_of_adults=2

Sorry to go back to the vibe/spice issue but, basically you have to book vibe on day one when you board or you'll miss your chance? So I can't, say, wake up Wednesday morning and decide I want to go there for a few hours? That's disappointing. We have my three year old with us so we won't be planning out every thing in advance like that. If my other family members want to take him for awhile and I want to go to vibe I won't be able to go? Oh well. Guess ill just have to head to spice. Although some are saying that could be full too??

Yeah you got it right. It is a shame because I would love to try it for one day, I don't really think it is worth it to get the weekly pass for us. Spice has a tendency of being packed in Epic, but hopefully with the more open deck areas in this ship then it will be more reasonable. I guess we have to wait for actual reports.

Seeing all this pictures/videos is fun and all, but now I am more interested in details. It is crazy how close to sailing I am and the lack of info that I have, for the Allure I knew that ship inside out :D.

I am really hoping for a live transatlantic.

If you book a spa treatment like a massage, do you have access to the spa for the rest of the day? Like the loungers, whirlpools, etc?

I don't believe so, but I could be wrong.

This was just posted in this forum (this person for whatever reason made this a separate thread, no idea why they didn't just post it in here where it belonged...) ...anyways, its a sizeable collection of something like 160 photos and 50 videos from onboard the Breakaway:

http://www.schiffe-und-kreuzfahrten.de/norwegian-breakaway-erste-bilder-und-fast-50-videos-von-bord/

EDIT: the collection of "50 videos" is actually the YouTube channel I posted a link to yesterday afternoon, here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kreuzfahrblog/videos

And evidently the photos were taken by the same individual/blogger. But definitely check them out, and there are in fact some new videos since yesterday.

The Pictures and Videos are from me. i have much more, i will upload this later in the Channels and Blogpost.

It seems a lot of the cabins being viewes were the disabled ones.

Were the regular cabins of the grade also availalble for viewing?

Was it made clear that the disabled ones were larger than the normal cabins?

Deepest rooms are in deck 9, then deck 12, deck 11, deck 10, deck 14 and the smallest ones are on deck 13.

Deck 11 should be nice, if you find something in 12 then you can move it, but if not you should be just fine. Certainly much larger than the regular balconies.

Just my luck we are on 13. Can you post a link to the pictures, I can't seem to find them. Deck 12 is gone on my sailing but I might be able to switch to 9 , 10 or 11? Would 2 lounge chairs fit on 13?

Thank you so much for all of the help:)

Just my luck we are on 13. Can you post a link to the pictures, I can't seem to find them. Deck 12 is gone on my sailing but I might be able to switch to 9 , 10 or 11? Would 2 lounge chairs fit on 13?

Thank you so much for all of the help:)

THANKS

Looks like the aft corners on deck 9 have a deeper balcony than most of the others (deck 12 appears deep as well). It's more obvious when zoomed in.

i-n8Rsc8C-L.jpg

I took a photo which was shared several weeks ago and did some very rough estimations. The results were pleasing, since deck 9 is what we booked so many months ago. The numbers (estimates of length in ft.) are more useful comparing deck to deck to give a ballpark idea as to which aft decks are (overall) deeper.

i-z3Bktdp-XL.jpg

(sorry this did not come out larger!)

Of course, none of this speaks to the width and useable space within those aft corners.

:)

Tom

Not really sure if they will fit, from the looks of it I dont think so. They manage to fit them on the corner penthouse but notice that it is slanted sideways. If I was you I would get 11 ASAP, the reason why I am not keen about 9 (deepest) is because it is right above dinning venues, so noise might be an issue.

Not really sure if they will fit, from the looks of it I dont think so. They manage to fit them on the corner penthouse but notice that it is slanted sideways. If I was you I would get 11 ASAP, the reason why I am not keen about 9 (deepest) is because it is right above dinning venues, so noise might be an issue.

Thank you I agree. I really don't want to be above the dining room. Will have to check out the deck 11. Unfortunately I can't tell from the deck plan if the one cabin left has the bed near the balcony, but I guess the size of the balcony is more important.

Archived