Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Went back and looked at #599 and the here photo in joeski27's post and they both look like metal frames to me. Could they really be putting glass in those frames? :eek:

I'd be willing to bet money that those dividers will be frosted glass.

The bigger problem I foresee is the lack of privacy from the decks above. We sailed on the Crown Princess years back and ran into this very problem. A good portion of the ships balcony cabins were "tiered" so that each balcony projected out from the one above it. This created a situation where you have absolutely no privacy from the cabins above you. At one point my brother and I were out on the balconcy having a conversation when we were suddenly "joined" by the couple above us. It was a little freaky to turn around a see someone standing not ten feet away from our "private" balcony. God forbid you end up with a couple of kids above you who think it would be fun to see if they can hit your drinks with debris they find in their cabin. We definitely spent less time on the balcony than we normally would.

Hopefully these cabins won't have any of those problems.

480473_10151539634541414_1808394192_n.jpg?dl=1

"Right now, Buddy Valastro, the Cake Boss himself, is on site in our Norwegian Cruise Line test kitchen serving the delicious Carlo's Bakery favorites that will be found on board Norwegian Breakaway! Click LIKE if you wish you were here for the tasting!"

Oh I cannot wait for December!! Does anyone know the height and weight limit on the slides my husband is tall and wants to ride. Since this is my first time sailing NCL I was thinking about the pay restaurants. Now that I just saw the sample menu's for the Breakaway I must do Cagney's and the Italian restaurant, and of course Ocean Blu. I have a question, on NCl ships in general do they have places like on RCCL where you can make your own ice cream cones?

Oh I cannot wait for December!! Does anyone know the height and weight limit on the slides my husband is tall and wants to ride. Since this is my first time sailing NCL I was thinking about the pay restaurants. Now that I just saw the sample menu's for the Breakaway I must do Cagney's and the Italian restaurant, and of course Ocean Blu. I have a question, on NCl ships in general do they have places like on RCCL where you can make your own ice cream cones?

We are also planning on dining at Ocean and Cagney's :)

When we went on the Sky they had make your own ice cream by the pool and from what I read they offer it in several places on EPIC.

No height, weight or age requirements for the slides. I have seen 2-year-olds go down as well as 6'4, 300-pound men.

Epic had ice cream cones available in the buffet but I want to say that you were served and it wasn't DIY.

My family has 9 of us doing the April 30 Transatlantic. Made our final payment today. I am so excited to go on a cruise again, and this ship is so neat. We will have a first time cruiser in our bunch and 4 that have never sailed with NCL. The ship is looking so neat, just wish we could get even more info that we have.

Would like to see the Ocean Blu menu, and seeing if there is the charge for both lunches and dinner. With the way it is worded and seeming to be divided into two sections I am hoping they will have some favorites that don't involve the upcharge.

Now just awaiting our cabin assignment. Oddly enough we booked all three cabins as an oceanview guarantee, two of the cabins were already assigned over a week ago. Mine still has not been done. I am hoping I get something good. For the other's my parents got the exact category that was booked, so nothing great, my sister was upped one level. Though I had thought with my parents having 4 in their cabin they would have at least gotten a family oceanview, just odd my sister with 2 got a slightly better cabin.

My family has 9 of us doing the April 30 Transatlantic. Made our final payment today. I am so excited to go on a cruise again, and this ship is so neat. We will have a first time cruiser in our bunch and 4 that have never sailed with NCL. The ship is looking so neat, just wish we could get even more info that we have.

Would like to see the Ocean Blu menu, and seeing if there is the charge for both lunches and dinner. With the way it is worded and seeming to be divided into two sections I am hoping they will have some favorites that don't involve the upcharge.

Now just awaiting our cabin assignment. Oddly enough we booked all three cabins as an oceanview guarantee, two of the cabins were already assigned over a week ago. Mine still has not been done. I am hoping I get something good. For the other's my parents got the exact category that was booked, so nothing great, my sister was upped one level. Though I had thought with my parents having 4 in their cabin they would have at least gotten a family oceanview, just odd my sister with 2 got a slightly better cabin.

Post pictures- can't wait till August

That's great! One mystery will be solved. Take lots of pictures to share with us here. :D

Most definitely, can't wait to check it out.

And I've recently had a thought...for those of us heading out on one of the first couple of sailings of this ship, has anyone else been tempted to try to avoid all interior photos of the ship (staterooms, restaurants, common areas, etc) once they come out, and just let it be more of a surprise when you board? I mean if you think about it, its very rare that you have an opportunity to truly be surprised by what is inside a brand new ship, so I'm thinking once those photos begin to surface (which probably won't be until right after the transatlantic sailing) I'll try to avoid them completely. Anybody else thinking that way? I mean once they are available, it won't be long to wait until our actual cruise, assuming you're on one of the first 2 or 3 sailings like I am. :D

I am booked on the Getaway 18th October 2014 in an aft haven penthouse suite. I periodically check the NCL website prices for my sailing, just in case there is a price drop. Already my cabin has increased in price. However .... today when I looked all the aft haven penthouse cabins had disappeared. I checked other dates and the aft haven penthouse cabins were not showing there either. It appears to be the same on the Breakaway too. I am from the UK so I am not sure if it is just the UK site. Maybe they are updating something??? Is it the same on the US site? :confused:

Archived