Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Just called our TA to cancel our Breakaway cruise. We had booked an S7 forward penthouse, but there were just too many unknowns about the balcony.

Before I cancelled, I did a dummy booking on NCL looking at the aft facing minisuites on deck 10. Both were available. I called my TA and after she called NCL I was told that as of January they are "cracking down" on handicapped status cabins. They will not book if you are not a wheel chair or scooter user. I told her this was strange because prior to booking with her, my PCC had offered me one of these cabins knowing that we did not actually need the accommodation. This was around January 21 or 22.

If one did a booking online how would NCL know if you used a wheelchair? Does it ask somewhere during the process?

I find it hard to believe that every handicapped cabin is going to sell out for a cruise. Eventually they are going to be released for new bookings in order to fill the ship.

And it is quite annoying that whoever designed the ship created only 2 aft facing mini suites and then made both of them handicapped! That is discrimination against us non handicapped aft facing mini suite lovers.:mad:

\ I called my TA and after she called NCL I was told that as of January they are "cracking down" on handicapped status cabins. They will not book if you are not a wheel chair or scooter user. I told her this was strange because prior to booking with her, my PCC had offered me one of these cabins knowing that we did not actually need the accommodation.

Some PCC's are better than others. I can't tell you how many times we've been given conflicting information by different PCC's. Something doesn't sound right about that info.

Thanks everyone for answered questions I so much appreciate it!

I am thinking of doing a vow renewal is it true there is no chapel on the Breakaway? Thanks again for the information.

There's not one on Epic either

Well, half kidding:). I do think it is poor planning to create only 2 aft facing minis on a ship and then designate both as handicapped. At least make one available for us able bodied people! Especially when there are so many aft lovers out here!

Well, half kidding:). I do think it is poor planning to create only 2 aft facing minis on a ship and then designate both as handicapped. At least make one available for us able bodied people! Especially when there are so many aft lovers out here!

They could have called them balcony not mini. They just get more money this way. They have nothing in common with any other mini suite other then price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Wow, This looks quite fun! A way to burn off those extra pounds from eating while cruising.

I am not doing that while cruising!! It would make me a bit dizzy (more than usual) with the big waves in the Atlantic...:D I'll worry about the extra pounds after.

Wow, This looks quite fun! A way to burn off those extra pounds from eating while cruising.

Fitness-conscious guests will get the ultimate adrenaline rush on Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway as they step into the authentic Flywheel Sports® cycling studios on board our newest ships. Flywheel is New York City’s revolutionary, high-energy indoor cycling studio, and is now the newest addition to the ships’ state-of-the art fitness center complexes. FlyWheel is a high-tech indoor cycling studio, named “Best Fitness Classes in NYC” by Daily Candy, that has quickly become a fitness phenomenon nationwide, including in New York City and Miami Beach.

In each class, highly motivational instructors lead the way, suggesting target resistance levels and RPM’s for each rider to strive for. But ultimately, the riders decide how far they want to push themselves by controlling the proprietary technology on their individual bikes, arranged in stadium-style seating. Each ride leaves the participants feeling energized, and motivates them to ride harder and faster than they ever thought they could.

An amazing escape that challenges the body and relaxes the mind, Flywheel classes are fully choreographed by certified instructors and taught in a dimly lit studio, giving riders the opportunity to get lost in their workout and push themselves to the limit. Every ride is set to an incredible heart-pumping custom playlist created by the instructors from a collection of music carefully curated by Flywheel’s in-house DJ and rides are synchronized to the intoxicating beats. The 45- or 60-minute class includes “climbs” and “descents,” along with an upper body workout utilizing weighted bars that are attached to each bike.

Unlike bikes in other indoor cycling classes, the custom Flywheel bikes are tailor-made and feature proprietary performance tracking technology. Guests can set the positions that fit their body and comfort levels, from which they can best control their “tech-pack,” an exclusive Flywheel feature, that displays the rider’s resistance (“torq”), speed (RPM’s) and power output (current and cumulative for the class), allowing riders to stay aware of their performance at all times. Riders with a competitive edge can even opt in to participate in the in-studio “Torqboards,” large, flat-screen displays that occasionally flash leaderboards that show how each rider is performing in relation to others in the class.

Now, the fitness phenomenon that is “all the rage” in New York City and Miami will be available to guests on board our new, innovative ships, giving guests a fitness experience unlike any other! Get ready to FLY!

I will most likely never make it there :D

Please do!

I agree ...great idea...

Getaway is sooo expensive tho (for my budget) But after i get back from the breakaway in September and love it so much it probably won’t matter and I will pay the premium!! :) Just cant take as many cruises that year.:rolleyes:

it looks like at Spice H2O they are going to have a giant tv screen on the back of the ship again. i had thought that this was considered a failure on the Epic, with it taking away from the wake view, and attachment to the sea, and all.

any thoughts?

I tend to agree with you, however with the new boardwalk you can get a much better connection with the sea.

I cancelled my Sept. Breakaway cruise to Bermuda due to loss of job. :(

So I'm relocating back home to Fort Lauderdale.

But I can't wait to see everyone's photos and trip reports though! :)

Sorry to hear about your job loss. Hope the best for you. On the bright side, lots of cruises out of Florida.

So sorry to hear about the job BillyBuff. I hope something even better comes along very soon.

Thanks! Hopefully there will be something for me to do back home. Sucks that veterans were told that getting jobs are easy after military life but as a combat vet, I don't see how that work into a corporate environment. I may go back to shooting weddings full time.

Sorry to hear about your job loss. Hope the best for you. On the bright side, lots of cruises out of Florida.

Cruises are definitely plentiful down in South Florida! :)

Just happened to check out cruise critic,am booked for 3/16/14, party of 14 this is amazing that you can see the ship in allstages being built

Am looking forward to first pictures of its sailing..... KEEP UP THEGREAT JOB.....:):):p

We are going the week after you - keep things in order for us please.

I will most likely never make it there :D

I'm glad to finally be on a ship that I can use my spinning shoes and clip in. I SERIOUSLY doubt that this class any any different from my spin classes at the gym. They just added an upper body strength training session. All last, I'm a fitness rat so I'll be there.

I wonder if they're going to offer TRX like on Epic? Haven't done it before and wanted to try it out on Epic before we switched our booking to Breakaway.

But I can't wait to see everyone's photos and trip reports though! :)

I think I've decided that, since we're going on the 5/19 sailing, when photos start showing up of the interior from the first couple voyages, I'm going to do my best to completely avoid seeing them. Really its not often that you get a chance to be completely surprised by what a new ship looks like (at least interior-wise).

By the way, is there any way the mods can make this thread a sticky??? I mean I think we can all agree that the construction and eventual unveiling of the Breakaway is easily the hottest single topic in the Norwegian forum right now :cool:

I think I've decided that, since we're going on the 5/19 sailing, when photos start showing up of the interior from the first couple voyages, I'm going to do my best to completely avoid seeing them. Really its not often that you get a chance to be completely surprised by what a new ship looks like (at least interior-wise).

You I had a very similar thought, it would be really cool to explore the ship like that. However I think that I will have a hard time not seeing the pictures if they are posted. We are on the same sailing and even at that time I think a few will have posted a few pics here and there.

I also doing the same for my celebrity cruise, I mean of course I seen the pictures of the cruise. But not to the level that I did with the Allure, I am leaving a lot of things to be a mystery. I also think that would be better for a more compelling review.

Archived