Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

When you are on the ship is there a way to see how many people are on it? I am curious to see what the capacity is.

Almost any crew member should be able to tell you. They post the total number of passengers and breakdown of adults/kids in the crew areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

We were told 4,400 passengers were on our June 2 - 9 sailing.

They said that 4,800 were expected on the June 9 - 16 sailing, returning today.

I wonder if there is someplace, online, that shows occupancy for past, and possibly future, sailings. My inlaws sailed Breakaway, on 5/26, for their first NCL experience. My father in law kept telling us how horrible the kids were on the ship. That there were just SOOO MANY! I think I remember hearing from someone on the ship, the previous week, that there were going to be 1300 kids 5/26.

1,300 kids for a May 26th New York sailing seems much too large an estimate, in my opinion. I realize that many schools around the country finish early, but the Breakaway attracts families in the greater New York area where schools would be in session then.

On our June 2 sailing, there were young well-behaved children. We even went to the show they were in because it preceded the Crew Talent Show. I don't know how many children were among the 4,400 guests, but they were fine.

The crowds made me uncomfortable during the 80s party while we waited for the fireworks, in the Atrium for Q & A or games, in Headliners, & Second City. Otherwise, the number of people didn't seem scary. Embarkation & Debarkation were a breeze! Elevators were fine. We eat dinner early so meals were never a problem.

I wonder if there is someplace, online, that shows occupancy for past, and possibly future, sailings. My inlaws sailed Breakaway, on 5/26, for their first NCL experience. My father in law kept telling us how horrible the kids were on the ship. That there were just SOOO MANY! I think I remember hearing from someone on the ship, the previous week, that there were going to be 1300 kids 5/26.

I was on that cruise and I find it hard to believe there were that many kids. I'm a teacher so I probably would have noticed. I heard only one other complaint about lots of kids, but not horrible kids. I didn't go around the pool area so maybe that was the problem. I thought it was a great cruise!!

I was on that cruise and I find it hard to believe there were that many kids. I'm a teacher so I probably would have noticed. I heard only one other complaint about lots of kids, but not horrible kids. I didn't go around the pool area so maybe that was the problem. I thought it was a great cruise!!

Kids? What kids? Guess I drank too many Red Stripes.:eek: LOL. I was on the 5/26 sailing to. Right Deb?:D. No way was there 1300 kids. Believe me, I would have noticed.....then again I was in the spa quite a bit.:D. No kids allowed. It only felt crowded on deck 15 and up on sea days to me. Hard to get a chair, but not a bar stool. Plus we didn't have one drop of rain from start to finish. Sunny everyday and seas as smooth as silk. They did say our sailing had 4500 people, the most passengers so far as of that sailing.

I don't feel that one side is "better" than the other. On one side, you see the Dockyard, Commissioner's House, people, cars, etc.

On the other side, you see water with houses in the distance.

It's up to the ship's captain to decide which way to face. This can differ from week to week.

I believe that they test different lifeboats while the ship is docked so this is a factor to be considered depending on the lifeboats to be lowered into the water each week.

When we went the week of June 2, we were in a starboard cabin. We faced the Dockyard. Since, I enjoy people-watching, I was pleased. However, the calm view on the other side would have been fine too.

Bermuda is lovely either way!

Hi. Where did you live in Staten Island? I live in Westerleigh but grew up in West Brighton.

Hi JS, I lived on Huguenot, not far away from Arthur Kill Rd, but prior to that in Brooklyn in Bensonhurst. 9 years ago we moved to Florida. My husband and I September 11 survivors. I didn't want to live in a big city after that, plus I don't miss the shoveling. :D

The Breakaway is very sentimental to us.

I grew up in West Brighton myself. Now in Jersey.

This is probably a stupid question but does anyone know if it would be possible to string up a hammock on one of the regular Breakaway balconies? Are they just too small? Nowhere to tie up the two ends?

If you accomplish this please take a picture! :D I think they are too small. If you had an aft balcony then yeah, you probably could.

This is probably a stupid question but does anyone know if it would be possible to string up a hammock on one of the regular Breakaway balconies? Are they just too small? Nowhere to tie up the two ends?

WAY WAY too small. Maybe the M6 suites on deck 8.

Archived