Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Based on it being so enclosed, maybe it is a kids detention center or jail? Wonder if they would charge me to drop my kids off there for the week.

Lol no kidding eh? At least put some windows there or something. I have a feeling that there is something in the big white box that we don't know about yet.

So, it looks like you will be able to walk from the forward elevators outside on deck 8, around the aft and down the other side back to the forward elevators. Is that how it looks to everyone?

How about deck 7. That is where the life boats will be, I think. From looking at the pictures, it looks like there might be a walkway behind the life boats inside the hull ... sorta a "hull promenade" like the "hull balconies." Do you think this will be passenger accesible, or crew/emergency access to the lifeboats?

Not sure I would want to stroll a hull promenade, if that is what it is, but just curious. :)

Thanks,

Brad

Hi Brad,

You can indeed walk all the way around the Waterfront. Should be a nice area and I love the fact that NCL is only putting 1/2 length glass railings there. Carnival has a similar feature on the Dream and Breeze but they have full height glass which makes it feel somewhat less open.

I don't see a reason why the deck 7 promenade won't be accessible to passengers. It is on the Epic and like Epic, it's probably where the jogging track and deck games are. They're definitely not on the top decks.

One more thing just occurred to me, since the gym/spa is only on the starboard side, the port side of the Breakaway has 9 decks of balconies at her forward section, imagine Breakaway+ with her 1.5 extra decks; she'll have 11 consecutive decks of balconies!! :eek:

It's really crazy how big these ships are getting.

We are booked in 13706 for the transatlantic. Had we known it was going to be a hull balcony I do not think we would have selected it. Here is hoping that it isn't

I contacted the PCC and they advised me its not listed as a hull balcony suite...

Specially made a shot of the portside today,as I noticed you and another member were having trouble sorting it out. Hope it will help!

8516482030_b3651bc94b_b.jpg

Specially made a shot of the portside today,as I noticed you and another member were having trouble sorting it out. Hope it will help!

8516482030_b3651bc94b_b.jpg

This really Helps! I guess I am a little disappointed as we are paying a premium to have the Balcony where as the decks below us 9-12 have open Balconies.

Sadly none of the renderings showed this...

Thank You Again!

There are no dumb questions! :)

In-Hull-Balcony-QM2.JPG

It's an enclosed balcony, "integrated" in the superstructure of the ship.

edit: on this model of the Epic you can clearly see both types of balconies: http://www.meretmarine.com/objets/500/24488.jpg

Thanks, I'm glad I asked. I definitely want to avoid booking one of these on my upcoming Getaway cruise. :eek:

My first time posting on this board, so I hope I'm doing it right. Does anyone have advice on parking at the NY Cruise Terminal? Sailing on Breakaway in June. Is it wise to reserve a parking spot in advance? Is there a preferred area or is it a jumbled mess? Thanks in advance.

My first time posting on this board, so I hope I'm doing it right. Does anyone have advice on parking at the NY Cruise Terminal? Sailing on Breakaway in June. Is it wise to reserve a parking spot in advance? Is there a preferred area or is it a jumbled mess? Thanks in advance.

You should be able to find plenty of information on the East Coast Departure boards. Generally there is sufficient parking. I have never read of anyone not being able to get a spot. Reservations are not accepted in advance.

Parking at the cruise terminal is $35/day, so if you are able to find a ride to the terminal I would advise doing so. There are also some alternative options mentioned in the East Coast Departure boards.

I hope they do something to it. As of right now it's almost an eyesore, a 2 deck high white box in the middle of the pool deck!

Here's also 2 things that I'm not a fan of so far.

1) No forward observation lounge. We knew things all along though.

2) The pool deck looks small... 2/5 of how big it should be is occupied by "the white box", then the other 1/5 are 2 of the pool bars. I don't really care for the pool deck myself, but this might not be a pretty sight on a busy sea day.

The pool does look small for a ship this size, anyone have a better picture of it from the float out?

This really Helps! I guess I am a little disappointed as we are paying a premium to have the Balcony where as the decks below us 9-12 have open Balconies.

Sadly none of the renderings showed this...

Thank You Again!

A hull balcony on the transatlantic could turn out to be better than an open balcony. You'll be better shielded from rain and wind.

A hull balcony on the transatlantic could turn out to be better than an open balcony. You'll be better shielded from rain and wind.

So Very True! I am trying not to focus on the negative as this will be our Honeymoon and do not want it to be the let down of the trip but part of the excitement! :)

With that being said I called NCL today to confirm a few details with the reservation (Not related to the balcony)

At the end the Rep asked me if I had any other concerns. I said well just a little and I told her about the balcony and the fact it might be a "enclosed" balcony. I offered to show send the picture that was just posted to Cruise Critic. She took a look at it and put me on hold for about 10 minutes.

She came back to me and said that no where in this room description does it state it's an enclosed balcony and that they learned their lesson from previous ships (AKA The Epic) and that if it did have such balcony it would be listed and that her opinion along with her help desk is that the hull is for the bathroom and the balcony to the side belongs to the suite. She said that the balcony size is quoted the same size as a regular balcony and that with Enclosed or Hull balconies they are smaller.

We will just have to wait and see. :)

Hi all, we have the following rooms booked on the Breakaway: 13108, 13110, 13122. I know this is a silly question, but our TA advised us that these were aft rooms, yet when I look at the deck plans online, it looks like these rooms are in the front of the ship. I thought the aft was the "back." Sorry for not knowing all of the lingo - we don't cruise that often. So, I'm confused. Are we in the front of the ship, and if so, it looks like we may be blocked by what looks like a captain area or something (glass enclosure that "juts" out). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Elaine, We are staying in an aft suite, I would love to do a cabin crawl on our roll call...now if it would just pick up a bit! :D

Just to add to my last post,,, if we do a crawl you could than see my cabin in steerage...:D

We opted for two midship inside on deck eleven. And even that broke the bank a bit. ..

Hi all, we have the following rooms booked on the Breakaway: 13108, 13110, 13122. I know this is a silly question, but our TA advised us that these were aft rooms, yet when I look at the deck plans online, it looks like these rooms are in the front of the ship. I thought the aft was the "back." Sorry for not knowing all of the lingo - we don't cruise that often. So, I'm confused. Are we in the front of the ship, and if so, it looks like we may be blocked by what looks like a captain area or something (glass enclosure that "juts" out). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Your TA should find another career, lol. The aft is back of the ship you're right. The rooms you have are in the front of the ship with a side balcony. They seem to be a good location, maybe a little far from the elevators, but nothing horrible.

One thing to keep in mind is that those rooms might experience more movement than other room say mid ship. So if you have any in your party that suffer from sea sickness I advice looking for a room mid ship, maybe in a lower level.

That glass area is called the bridge and you're right it is the captain area :)

here are your rooms

breakaway_0047_xxl_zps93120a10.png

Hope that helps

Archived