best way to hang door decorations

Hi all, we will be cruising on freedom for the first time in 13 days.

I have decorations for the door all ready to go. I have plastic to cover door and fish netting and fish, paper bubbles and some personal pictures mounted on some bristle board.

I am not sure if the doors on freedom are wood or metal.

What is the best thing to use to hang all these items? I thought about masking tape but it only comes in an icky manila color which means I would have to hide it behind by looping it (which may have the items drooping off the door).

What do you use to hang your decorations?

Help is appreciated,

We have decorated our cabin doors twice now. We used ticky-tacky both times. It is strong and peels off very easily. No damage to the door of the back of your decorations. It is sold in the poster board section of most craft stores. It comes in a block like a big erasor. You just tear off a small piece about the size of a pea and roll it between your fingers, to warm it up. Just put on the back of your decoration and press down. It works like magic and there is no tape to peel off.

:)

What about a Black & Decker rechargeable drill with all purpose screws? They should be on sale right about now for Back-To-School sales.

Yes, I'm being smart! I just don't get it. I saw some CCL workers one time having a hard time cleaning up doors. I felt like CCL should have kept up with the manhours and charged the cruiser.

Duct tape? Clear box tape? I would suggest decorating the front door of your house and letting it stay on there for one week. If it all comes right off and does not leave residue, then take those items with you. Test your ideas first. If you destroy your front door at home then you know it would have been a bad choice.:D

We have decorated our cabin doors twice now. We used ticky-tacky both times. It is strong and peels off very easily. No damage to the door of the back of your decorations. It is sold in the poster board section of most craft stores. It comes in a block like a big erasor. You just tear off a small piece about the size of a pea and roll it between your fingers, to warm it up. Just put on the back of your decoration and press down. It works like magic and there is no tape to peel off.

Would this be available at wallie w? I bought a large background sheet I need to get to stick to entire door. I may "wrap" door in it. I got a door cling thingy to go on top of it & want to add a few personal touches. The ticky tacky sounds good, do not wish to damage the door.

To needabreakcanada: I haven't been on Freedom, but our door was not metal on our last cruise- Legend. I think it was wood or particle board.

Here is one of the doors (I decorated 4) that I decorated on the Freedom last year. They are metal with an overlay. I just used plain scotch tape. I put them up on embarkation day and took them down at debarkation. They never moved or came down the entire 8 days.

DSCF0235.jpg.e39f28c53c94e729ec0991780607835d.jpg

Have fun and good luck!

I wish I was creative enough to decorate my door. I've scene some really nice ones and my youngest gets a kick out of it when he sees them. Good luck!

It is very easy to come up with ideas. Let your kids come up with ideas. For simple, easy- try door clings. Moveable decorations (like stickers, but no mess) are sold at WallyW in the greeting card dept. or party goods store.

It is very easy to come up with ideas. Let your kids come up with ideas. For simple, easy- try door clings. Moveable decorations (like stickers, but no mess) are sold at WallyW in the greeting card dept. or party goods store.

I would, but my boys are computer geeks. :) I think they are less creative than I am. Lol!

Would this be available at wallie w? I bought a large background sheet I need to get to stick to entire door. I may "wrap" door in it. I got a door cling thingy to go on top of it & want to add a few personal touches. The ticky tacky sounds good, do not wish to damage the door.

To needabreakcanada: I haven't been on Freedom, but our door was not metal on our last cruise- Legend. I think it was wood or particle board.

Yes, our local Walmart carries it so they should all have it. You can find it over near the poster boards, stencils and school glue. On our first crusie over Halloween 2010, our cabin steward told our neighbor not to use the tape. We gave them a piece of our ticky-tacky and they were allowed to put-up their Halloween decorations. It may just depend the cabin steward because I have never seen a written rule about this but I imagine some types of tape would leave a residue.

Do not use the ones that look like Jell-O. They stained my SIL white walls RED!:eek:

Do not use the ones that look like Jell-O. They stained my SIL white walls RED!:eek:

Absolutely my mum put some Christmas ones up when we stayed in a couple of apartments in Portugal a couple of Christmas holidays ago and the wall was stained red when she took them down, I was mortified but they never said anything.

Would the signs that attach magnetically to your car work on the doors? We are getting a "Just Married" sign for our car and are getting it as a large magnet that goes on the sides of cars. We thought it would be cute to put that up on our door on the ship.

Archived