Discoverer Welcome Home Gift?

Florida Lady

Can someone tell me what they received as a welcome back gift from Azamara. I never received anything??

Azamara Discoverer: welcome back gift will be sent to your home after your voyage

Hi Florida Lady,

Unfortunately, there's a fair amount of confusion on this, and the question is asked frequently. You would not receive a welcome home gift if you are at Explorer or Discoverer Level, each time you sail with Azamara. My understanding is, it's a 1 time occurance (for each level) after you reach Explorer & Discoverer Level, upon returning home from your sailing.

Here's the details from Azamara's Le Club Voyage Page : http://browse.azamaraclubcruises.com/dc/captainsclub/heroSingleTxtSub.do?pagename=membership_benefits

Last I heard, the gift was a Picture Frame. As I was already at Elite level with Celebrity, I did not receive the gift, so I cannot personally confirm. Perhaps another member will confirm the current gifts.

I hope this helps !

Hi Florida Lady,

Unfortunately, there's a fair amount of confusion on this, and the question is asked frequently. You would not receive a welcome home gift if you are at Explorer or Discoverer Level, each time you sail with Azamara. My understanding is, it's a 1 time occurance (for each level) after you reach Explorer & Discoverer Level, upon returning home from your sailing.

Here's the details from Azamara's Le Club Voyage Page : http://browse.azamaraclubcruises.com/dc/captainsclub/heroSingleTxtSub.do?pagename=membership_benefits

Last I heard, the gift was a Picture Frame. As I was already at Elite level with Celebrity, I did not receive the gift, so I cannot personally confirm. Perhaps another member will confirm the current gifts.

I hope this helps !

That is my understanding too Andy. If you move up between levels through taking Azamara cruises then you'll get the gift. If you are already at a level because of your Celebrity status or move through the levels via a cruise taken with X then you are out of luck.

Phil

That is my understanding too Andy. If you move up between levels through taking Azamara cruises then you'll get the gift. If you are already at a level because of your Celebrity status or move through the levels via a cruise taken with X then you are out of luck.

Phil

Correct!

Strange you should ask as we received ours this morning. This was our first cruise with Azamara although we have done a couple of cruises with Celebrity. We cruised on 8 July, so this should give you some idea about timeframe.

I won't let you know what we received (one fed ex parcel each!), so that it will come as a surprise, but both items will be very useful:D

Alison

Phil

Which makes no sense. And even if it makes sense it is not clearly explained as evidenced from the messages on these boards starting with whether the gift was to be received at home "Welcome Home" to whether it would be received on board, "Welcome Back (Home)". I forgot to ask about it on our last cruise.

It sounds like we managed to miss each level by taking an X cruise, than an Azamara (3 points) cruise, then an X Cruise, then another X cruise, than an Azamara cruise. In any event, just another example of the disorganization in Miami.

We reached the middle level on one cruise and never received anything on our next Azamara cruise. We are now at the top tier. Actually would have reached it on Azamara instead of X, but changed from a 12 night cruise to an 11 night cruise after our itinerary was canceled. Also, having a 12 night cruise get an extra point when an 11 night cruise does not is so arbitrary when most cruises (if not 7 nights) are 11 or 12 nights.

Strange you should ask as we received ours this morning. This was our first cruise with Azamara although we have done a couple of cruises with Celebrity. We cruised on 8 July, so this should give you some idea about timeframe.

I won't let you know what we received (one fed ex parcel each!), so that it will come as a surprise, but both items will be very useful:D

Alison

How many points did you have when you embarked, and how many did you have when you disembarked?

Which makes no sense. And even if it makes sense it is not clearly explained .

Disagree

The website clearly says

Upon reaching this level, a welcome back gift will be sent to your home after your voyage

So after cruise that takes you to the level the gift would be sent to your home. Never expected you could claim the gift if you reached the level by virtue of a Celebrity cruise, why would Azamara send you a welcome back gift when you had not been on an Azamara cruise

We were at the highest level before our first Azamara cruise anyway so no first hand experience. Maybe if it is causing so much angst amongst cruisers they should stop the gift and save themselves some money

Alison

Snap! This morning my Beloved also received a FedEx parcel from Azamara on reaching this level, Sadly I have missed out as I had already attained Discoverer before joining the Azamara followers. Nice gift, and I will also not say what it is.

Peter & Linda

Which makes no sense. And even if it makes sense it is not clearly explained as evidenced from the messages on these boards starting with whether the gift was to be received at home "Welcome Home" to whether it would be received on board, "Welcome Back (Home)". I forgot to ask about it on our last cruise.

It sounds like we managed to miss each level by taking an X cruise, than an Azamara (3 points) cruise, then an X Cruise, then another X cruise, than an Azamara cruise. In any event, just another example of the disorganization in Miami.

We reached the middle level on one cruise and never received anything on our next Azamara cruise. We are now at the top tier. Actually would have reached it on Azamara instead of X, but changed from a 12 night cruise to an 11 night cruise after our itinerary was canceled. Also, having a 12 night cruise get an extra point when an 11 night cruise does not is so arbitrary when most cruises (if not 7 nights) are 11 or 12 nights.

You have 4 cruise points in Captain's Club from Celebrity cruises and are a Classic member. Never taken an Azamara trip, but enrolled at Adventurer level when you do and you gain 2 points from your Azamara cruise. Moves you from Adventurer to Explorer so you get a gift (and from Classic to Select status on Celebrity). Take another two cruises with Azamara that gives you another 4 points and it moves you from Explorer to Discoverer status so you get a gift. You are now at Elite level on Captain's Club too. If you'd not taken those two Azamara cruises and instead gained four points from Celebrity you are now Elite in Captain's Club and Discoverer in Azamara. No gift.

If you think about it logically it does make sense because it only rewards you with an Azamara gift if you took an Azamara trip to get it. The examples above assume you have taken a voyage of 12 nights or more to gain the bonus point or if less than 12 nights then a suite. I use that to demonstrate how quickly you can progress through the programs. It's nice that for those wanting to move through the levels both Azamara and Celebrity points are combined (for the moment at least).

Clear as mud, huh? At the end of the day it’s only a small gift of low value. Not enough to get me excited about, although I'm now intrigued to find out what I've missed. OP, please post when you get it! LOL

Phil

Disagree

The website clearly says

Upon reaching this level, a welcome back gift will be sent to your home after your voyage

So after cruise that takes you to the level the gift would be sent to your home. Never expected you could claim the gift if you reached the level by virtue of a Celebrity cruise, why would Azamara send you a welcome back gift when you had not been on an Azamara cruise

We were at the highest level before our first Azamara cruise anyway so no first hand experience. Maybe if it is causing so much angst amongst cruisers they should stop the gift and save themselves some money

Apparently both the way this is being handled AND when people receive the gifts have changed over the past year since people started posting.

I am sure that someone (I think wheretonext/Our Passport Stamps) posted that they received their gift (s) onboard. Maybe they will come back to these boards and confirm.

Btw, we received our 5th point while on an Azamara cruise and received nothing, either at home or on our next Azamara cruise. Had forgotten about it until someone posted.

I am sure that someone (I think wheretonext/Our Passport Stamps) posted that they received their gift (s) onboard. Maybe they will come back to these boards and confirm.

Ive checked she did however as far as I can see she was at Celebrity elite level before she cruised with Azamara therefore at Discoverer level so maybe they just gave her a gift as she was quite a well known cruiser.

How many points did you have when you embarked, and how many did you have when you disembarked?

Jade

No idea I'm afraid, we are bottom of the bunch for Celebrity's Capitain's Club I would imagine (two cruises, 18 days in total), but whatever it was it was sufficient for 90 mins free online credit on the Quest and Adventurer(?) status with Azamara. We have now become Explorers!

Alison

I hope this helps !

Andy

I was elite and I still got a picture frame in 2010. Maybe they owe you a frame.. or the rules changed..

Archived