West Coast USA Travelers to Tahiti

guardhouse

I will start this out by saying I hate these kinds of questions because I realize flights and arrangements could change........

We are headed to Tahiti 4-9-06 to board the TP. Our air is currently through Princess from our gateway to LAX to Papeete, round-trip. Currently Princess is using a 1 PM and 4 PM flight out of LA. I am trying to be sure we get scheduled for the 1 PM if at all possible.

That said, I have an idea that Princess likely puts travelers from points in the east on the first flight, knowing that if there are delays at that end there may still be space on the 4 PM. I would think it natural for most west coast travelers to be booked onto the 4 PM flight.

Any left coasters have any experience? If you booked Princess Air, what time did you depart LAX? Does it make any difference if you book your connection to LA through Princess or not?

I don't really want to board the ship at 10-10:30 PM, and I prefer to not fly any days earlier than need be.

Thanks!

Who knows what air will be a year out...do you know if princess only uses air nui ? Air France has a morning flight out of LAX and out of Tahiti... I booked air with with princess last week for TP on 8-22-05 I could not book my own air if I wanted too nothing is availble so does flight deviation really work on this route..? I was told by Princess that I could not request it until they schedule my air was this corresct?

I am going on the same cruise out of LAX, just looked at hawaiianair which is $620 each way but takes much longer (thru hnl). who knows if they will even be in business this time next year.

We live in L.A., actually, we're about 10 minutes drive from the Princess corporate offices. We're booked on the TP, June 3rd and booked our air through Princess (ATN). They booked us on the 1PM flight. We made these reservations about 2 months ago.

Joyce

Guest caribcruzin

Based on friends who have doen these air arrangements...those traveling from the east with Princess air will be on the 4pm flight because they have to travel from their home cities all the way to LAX before boarding the ATN flight. It would be immpossible to have those from the east coast to LAX in time to board the 1pm flight. But as others said....if you want to guarantee the 1pm flight...use air deviation. I would bet though since you are on the west coast already you would be scheduled on the 1pm flight.

we used Princess air our first time but booked our own the second time. we originally booked Princess air and then cancelled it when we found suitable flights on our own. we spent 3 days precruise on Moorea and one night postcruise on Tahiti. It was much less stressful to not be part of such a large number of arriving & departing passengers, and since we were in Tahiti early, we were able to embark early.

Archived