Where are the fans of the Victory?

kimmyg726

I've noticed that there aren't many posts about the Victory. There are a few great reviews but I'm surprised by how little folks post about this ship.

Is it because it's an older ship, it's too port intensive, or most cruises have already been there, done that with the ship?? Just curious...

Fellow cruisers: please share your Victory thoughts/memories/experiences with me. It helps me get excited and stay more informed for our October cruise. :D:D

Thanks!

Kim

We got off the Victory 3 weeks ago and loved it and had a great time. I like that is is port intensive, I hate sea days. I want to be off the ship as much as possible doing things. I have done the western, eastern and southern routes and there is no comparison I love the southern the best by far. The islands are the best for beaches, swimming and snorkeling and if you do not want to take a tour you can always just take a cab to a postcard setting beach for the day.

This was the first time I had been on the Victory but liked it very much. Its a bit older I guess but I am not much on worrying about the ship's decor. I thought it was nice. Would I decorate my house like that? No but its a cruise ship not my house. Main dining room was also very good I thought, both service and food. I found something I liked every meal. If I had a complaint the only one would be that the buffet was not very well laid out but we barely ever went there anyway. The crew were all very nice. The only other problem is that it is sometimes expensive to fly to San Juan. Overall we liked the Victory very much and love the southern Caribbean. I do not think you can go wrong personally.

We got off the Victory 3 weeks ago and loved it and had a great time. I like that is is port intensive, I hate sea days. I want to be off the ship as much as possible doing things. I have done the western, eastern and southern routes and there is no comparison I love the southern the best by far. The islands are the best for beaches, swimming and snorkeling and if you do not want to take a tour you can always just take a cab to a postcard setting beach for the day.

This was the first time I had been on the Victory but liked it very much. Its a bit older I guess but I am not much on worrying about the ship's decor. I thought it was nice. Would I decorate my house like that? No but its a cruise ship not my house. Main dining room was also very good I thought, both service and food. I found something I liked every meal. If I had a complaint the only one would be that the buffet was not very well laid out but we barely ever went there anyway. The crew were all very nice. The only other problem is that it is sometimes expensive to fly to San Juan. Overall we liked the Victory very much and love the southern Caribbean. I do not think you can go wrong personally.

Good to know, not that I had any doubt:o of course. I will be on the Victory in Sept. I could care less if it is an older boat or about the buffett. I'll just have coffee on my balcony thank you.

I picked this cruise for the ports and of course the price!

The Victory has probably been my favorite cruise thus far...maybe with the exception of my first cruise on the Celebrity Century. Hard to tell since that was my first cruise, so everything was "amazing". :)

The staff on the Victory are impeccable. We had our 2 year old son with us at the time, and ate in the main dining room every night. They were so considerate of him, and we never got nervous having a two-year old in the dining room! They were wonderful.

Although it's older, it is a beautiful ship. The loud tropical/sea decor fits well with the S. Caribbean itinerary!

We loved all the islands and booked several local tour guides/historians/experts in different ports and had an amazing experience.

Oh, and the cabins are HUGE!

Have fun!

We certainly chose the Victory because of the awesome ports. I love the idea of seeing so many islands on one trip.

I just was curious about the ship since I don't hear that much about the ship.

Counting down the days........

The Carnival Victory is my favourite ship so far!

Green is my favourite colour and there is so much green on that ship. To me, the ultimate ceiling is the rotunda in the atrium. I saw that a previous poster wouldn't decorate their house like that... but I would!

Unfortunately my wife won't let me decorate the house like the Carnival Victory, so I took lots of pictures of the green ceiling and settled to have it as my desktop picture. That way, before I log in to Cruise Critic, I can look at the Victory's ceiling and remember what I great cruise we had.

I also love the current itinerary. Actually, when we sailed Dominica was included in the itinerary. Dominica was one of my favourite ports and I don't know why they took it off. I heard that the Victory's itinerary will be changing later this year or next year. Too bad.

Oh, another thing I love about the ship is all the sea horses. They are everywhere! The bases of bar stools and door handles. The sea horses are also at the base of the stair railings waiting to "bite" an unsuspecting passenger when going up and down the stairs.

We'll be going on the Carnival Legend in November. I have seen lots of pictures of urns around the ship. Somehow the urns don't sound as exciting as the sea horses on the Victory, but hey... it's a cruise on a new (to us) ship. Who knows, perhaps the Carnival Legend might become my new favourite ship!

A cruise on the Victory is... Different. Not necessarially in a bad way, but ship life is a little more relaxed and with an older crowd than what you'll find on other Carnival ships. The cruises are also unique in that most entertainment is offered in two languages, and some is in Spanish only. It was a unique experience, and St. Kitts and St. Maarten are now two of my favorite ports, but I don't know if I'd cruise out of San Juan again unless there was a specific port I really wanted to visit that wasn't available from Florida.

I thought the ship was decent, although it was showing a lot of wear and tear last October. Once Victory takes over for Destiny and has had a dry dock/funship 2.0 upgrades, I might try it again, but I much prefer the Dream and even the Fantasy class ships to the Triumph and Victory.

For specifics on the ports and pictures of my Victory Southern Caribbean cruise, check out the links in my signature. St. Kitts was definitely the highlight of the itinerary for me.

We will be sailing on the Victory 10/14/12. We have sailed her sister ship to Canada, the Triumph, and liked it very much. We have also sailed the southern Caribbean with Carnival, but, 10 years ago on the Destiny. Very mush looking forward to this cruise! Not afraid of any biting seahorses!! LOL!

I've noticed that there aren't many posts about the Victory. There are a few great reviews but I'm surprised by how little folks post about this ship.

Is it because it's an older ship, it's too port intensive, or most cruises have already been there, done that with the ship?? Just curious...

Fellow cruisers: please share your Victory thoughts/memories/experiences with me. It helps me get excited and stay more informed for our October cruise. :D:D

Thanks!

Kim

Can't tell you why there isn't much posting about the Victory, but we sailed her Twice and Loved it both times!

We love the port intensive itinerary, which is why we did it twice. We are actually doing almost the same itinerary but on the RCCL Adventure. Not that we don't like the ship we just wanted something new.

We liked the comedy club, but the family friendly showing got less family friendly as the week went on.

The service was excellent both times. The second time we had a family of 16 and it was great! THe buffet is normal Carnival Buffet, main dining room food was excellent as always, our wait staff was really really great.

On our first cruise we had an aft balcony, the best part of the day was sailing away from port, on our balcony watching the island sink into the horizon.

Also on our first cruise, we were on deck 6, on the hallway to the back there was a pop machine!! Coke! Now most people don't believe me, but one other person on here did say he saw it too. Don't know if it is still there, it was in an alcove, of course, it cost as much as buying one, 2.25 for a can, so not a huge deal.

The ship is big enough, but still small enough so you can get around.

My husband loved the deli oriental place on the buffet, it changes every day as to what kind and what they serve.

My son is adding to tell you Huge Buffet, he loved it.

The WOW show is good if they still have it. It was the same show both times we were on it.

The staff really is excellent, we find much better service with Carnival.

Have a fun Cruise!

Funny, I do certainly see a common theme in all the reviews--those darn biting seahorses!!

We sailed the southern itnerary on the Victory in May, and loved it...

Do watch out for the biting sea horses.... DW's legs are finally bruise free after all this time... she seemed to get bitten more than I.

Hopefully Pillipe is still the cruise director... he is a blast... very humerous Brazillian... "Woo Hoo!" is his favorite phrase... you will hear it a lot if he's still on board when you sail.

Relax, you will be on a cruise... what else matters.

I've been on the Victory 3 times and love her more each time. She is by far my favorite ship in the fleet so far. I was looking forward to going on her again in February, but since she is being replaced by the Valor in San Juan, it looks like I will be doing that instead. All of the ports on the itinerary and wonderful and you should have a great time. As others have said, if you don't want to book an excursion you can just taxi it to where you want to go!!

We will be sailing on the Victory 10/14/12. We have sailed her sister ship to Canada, the Triumph, and liked it very much. We have also sailed the southern Caribbean with Carnival, but, 10 years ago on the Destiny. Very mush looking forward to this cruise! Not afraid of any biting seahorses!! LOL!

jmecme: Our group of 8 is on the same sailing!!::)

We chose the Victory FOR the ports. We also don't like sea days, sea days to us feel like we are stuck in a hotel on vacation with nothing to do, would rather be out and about touring or sitting on a picture perfect beach than fighting chair hogs or sitting inside playing bingo.

The 3 treats on this cruise are Barbados, St. Lucia and St. Kitts - not many cruise ships stop at these ports so we are REALLY looking forward to it!

Note to self- beware biting seahorses

So happy to hear nice things about Victory- we also love the idea of the ports. Although it being an older crowd is minorly concerning- I am taking my 23 year old daughter on her first cruise and although it is a mother/daughter trip- she will want to spend time at night especially not hanging out with old mom all the time. Oh well- I intend to run her around so much on shore that she will collapse in bed early. ;)

We chose the Victory FOR the ports. We also don't like sea days, sea days to us feel like we are stuck in a hotel on vacation with nothing to do, would rather be out and about touring or sitting on a picture perfect beach than fighting chair hogs or sitting inside playing bingo.

The 3 treats on this cruise are Barbados, St. Lucia and St. Kitts - not many cruise ships stop at these ports so we are REALLY looking forward to it!

I think I am looking forward to Barbados the most for the turtle swim followed by St. Lucia. Although, Maho Beach in St. Marteen is sounding fun too!

Archived