Cassis

lynn2002

Hi

My friend is disabled (although not in a wheelchair full-time). We are booked on a RCCL tour of Provence, and since booking I have found out that when the coach stops at Cassis there is a cobbled hill to walk down to the main part (and walk back up). He will find this very difficult. Are there taxis that will take us to the center?

Thanks

It is unlikely your friend would manage the walk into town and/or the walk out. It is very steep.

I do not know about taxi availability, (we are usually in a car) but you may be able to use a shuttle bus depending on your dates. If you click this link, you will see mention of coach/bus parking and a mention of shuttle buses for groups.

http://www.ot-cassis.com/en/reception-of-coaches.html

If it defaults to the french version, look for the British flag at the top and click that for the english version.

Having read that, if you then click COME you also get info for car parking and shuttle buses with routes and timetables. There are now two routes. It appears that firstly you may get a group shuttle, secondly depending on your travel dates, the coach/bus parking may be fairly close to the car park (similar name) so there could be a possibility of using one of the two shuttle routes from the car park.

You shgould really contact the Cassis Tourist Office direct to ask about group shuttles from the coach/bus park, and secondly the distance from the coach/bus park to the car park with shuttles. They will also tell you about taxi availability, likely cost etc. Contact info on the link above.

Hope that helps.

• 11 months later...

I am usually really good at finding things on the internet but I'm having a hard time finding very good directions to get from the cruise ship to Cassis. I read about the train but then you have to take another form of transportation into Cassis. I see there is a bus but I have no idea how/where to catch it from the terminal. I know a taxi is an option but it appears to be $100 one way...any advise or directions to use the bus would be appreciated

• 4 months later...

onevacationlover: My wife and I are staying in Aix-en-Provence for a winter vacation, and we went to Cassis today. We loved it!

In early June, my wife and I will be on a cruise which docks in Marseille. We again want to visit Cassis.

So how exactly did you find and hire the "private car" you used???

You can post here, or you can email me directly.

Many thanks!

--Marne

Edited by marne-c

I used Silvio Laveder.

provence.connection@gmail.com

PROVENCE CONNECTION - Shared excursions & private tours

http://www.provence-connection-tours.com

It is really a tour company but my family hired them for the day, so that we could stop by places we were interested in seeing. In my opinion, it was more like a driver than a tour guide. He is very familiar with the region.

Enjoy your Cassis again!

Edited by onevacationlover