Tour of St John which tour is best?

royalmariner24

I was wondering if anyone has gone on a tour of St John and if so which is the best? They have a scenic one that takes you around the national parks/beaches,and then another tour that takes you shopping etc...

I'm not sure which one to book! They are @ 6 hours they say on the online excursions. Do you make it back to the ship at the last minute since it is 6 hours or are you able to shop a bit in St Thomas when the ferry brings you back?

Thanks very much

Going on Eastern Caribbean Freedom of the Seas in October

We did the same itinerary on Freedom and I believe it was a late arrival to St. Thomas. We did a St. John tour and I don't remember being rushed when we got back to the pier but I don't think there was a lot of time. If you're just shopping in Havensight, I don't think it will be a problem. The ship is right there so I don't think you could miss it...then again...:D

As far as tours, we did the St. John on Your Own and then just grabbed a taxi to see the island. We shared it with three other couples.

We booked the Coastal Cruise tour, but got off in Cruz Bay (with most everyone else on the boat). This was so we could maximize our time on St. John. So we just used this excursion as an expedient way to get to St. John. We got back to the Allure around 4:30-5 pm with a 5:30 pm all aboard time. There wasn't much of a line to get back on the boat when we re-boarded. Enjoy your time there - it was a beautiful island.

Sarah

We booked the Coastal Cruise tour, but got off in Cruz Bay (with most everyone else on the boat). This was so we could maximize our time on St. John. So we just used this excursion as an expedient way to get to St. John. We got back to the Allure around 4:30-5 pm with a 5:30 pm all aboard time. There wasn't much of a line to get back on the boat when we re-boarded. Enjoy your time there - it was a beautiful island.

Sarah

The OP is on Freedom which docks at Havensight. The ferry for the St. John tours picks you up right at the dock. I don't believe the latter is the case where Allure docks.

We took the Destination St John's tour and were very pleased.

Normally we explore opn our own, but the price for this excursion was not

a lot more than the transportation cost of getting to St john's alone.

The excursion included a very pleasant boat ride to St John's, a narrated tour

of the coastline of St John's (the area past Cruz Bay is very difficult

to see by land), a return trip back to Cruz Bay, plus several hours of free

time in Cruz Bay. There was more than enough time to go to Trunk Bay,and still enjoy a walk around Cruz bay upon return. The return trip included

complimentary rum puches.

In my opinion It was well worth the $$$

Archived