Why is a "sale" never a "sale"..?

hannahsmomtoo

Ours has gone up $60 PP last 30 days and still going...I dont expect a price drop during Spring Break. Same crusie lastyear from time we looked ,to cruise time went up 50% so Im happy we booked early and ES for this 1.

My New Years Cruise has had 3 price drops so I bet March break will too. Maybe only a little. I have save $360 so far and cabins don't seem to be selling so I am expecting more.

It's the same with Royal Caribbean. Whenever they have a "Wow" sale it turns out to me a "Meh" sale. You do much better with their weekly specials.

Guess they both think their customers are a bunch of morons who will fall for a sales that is not a sale.

See! I said it in the thread with the "insider info" that this sale was coming. I absolutely knew there'd be a thread complaining about how the sales aren't sales.

But of course they're sales! It's all marketing, people!

It's to get NEW cruisers to cruise! Sales aren't designed to give already-booked Cruise Critic members price drops.

Sheesh. Every single time we have threads like this.

Do people only book hoping the price will drop? Maybe I just have really excellent timing, but the prices for my cruises rarely drop.

Maybe I'll start booking when the price seems high so I can get really excited because I get a few dollars drop! Woot! :rolleyes:

the only "sales" i ever see are the least desireable rooms they are trying to offload after placement and selling upgrades.

see a price drop on your room? you most likely are in the aforementioied

$60 drop on L-shaped extended balcony. Probably not the best room to some, but we are certainly excited about it.

Our cruise went down $90 each, I submitted the form hopefully it's approved. I booked under ES rate 6 months ago. I'm sure about how to verify the specific category but hopefully it will all workout. $180 would help out with those DOD

the only "sales" i ever see are the least desireable rooms they are trying to offload after placement and selling upgrades.

see a price drop on your room? you most likely are in the aforementioied

We're in one of the bowling alley cabins on the Pride. I don't think we all into this category!

Archived