"PVP" vs "TA" How to find a good one?

alisonpv

Forgive me, I'm new.

I see people talking about PVP (Personal Vacation Planner)

I also see people talking about TA (Travel Agent)

Is this one and the same? I thought PVPs were Carnival Employees and Travel Agents were outside vendors/contractors.

Providing my assumption is correct... Here is my Question.

My PVP isn't very great. He is VERY nice, friendly, VERY energetic.. However, unfortunately I think he's also very new. He contradicts himself often in explaining things, and I think a lot of what he's feeding us is BS.

I have booked a cruise next June for our Wedding, and we have dozens of BRAND NEW cruisers coming with us. I really need someone *experienced* who can answer the "dumb newbie's" questions accurately, and make them feel confidant spending this much money to go to my wedding!

Does anyone have a PVP that they love that you don't mind sharing their contact info/extension?

Thanks! :)

Forgive me, I'm new.

I see people talking about PVP (Personal Vacation Planner)

I also see people talking about TA (Travel Agent)

Is this one and the same? I thought PVPs were Carnival Employees and Travel Agents were outside vendors/contractors.

Providing my assumption is correct... Here is my Question.

My PVP isn't very great. He is VERY nice, friendly, VERY energetic.. However, unfortunately I think he's also very new. He contradicts himself often in explaining things, and I think a lot of what he's feeding us is BS.

I have booked a cruise next June for our Wedding, and we have dozens of BRAND NEW cruisers coming with us. I really need someone *experienced* who can answer the "dumb newbie's" questions accurately, and make them feel confidant spending this much money to go to my wedding!

Does anyone have a PVP that they love that you don't mind sharing their contact info/extension?

Thanks! :)

you are correct in your assumption.

We are not allowed to post or email recommendations unfortunately.

Bill

You are correct...PVP's are Carnival employees and TA's arae independent agents. We are not allowed to post recommendations on this board but I have an excellent experienced PVP if you want to email me:)

I got a warning by offering this to someone before. Its against CC rules to even offer email information

I got a warning by offering this to someone before. Its against CC rules to even offer email information

you are correct, it's right there in the TOS.

There shall be no third-party recommendation (whether positive or negative in tone) of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

Touting of your personal cruise agent or cruise line "personal cruise consultant" (or any other venue by which you purchase a cruise) is not allowed on our message boards. Postings that contain "tell them John sent you" will be removed without notice.

This means you should not ask about someone's travel agent, nor should you respond in kind. Offering to email someone your travel agent's name or info is also not allowed, nor is asking members to email you for the information.

Bill

In my opinion Travel Agents are a bygone group. With the internet now providing access to what was only available to Travel Agents years ago. I did use a Travel Agent on one of my cruise's and had nothing but problems and the group is well known. Since cruise I only book on-line and this time with PVP.

I use a TA for all of my vacations. cruise and other. My particular one does not have any extra fees. No fees for changing things around either. I have heard other complaints about PVP's but I have also read people that rave about their PVP. Probably all in who you get. Without personal experience with a PVP I can only comment that I love using a TA. The cruise is the exact price to the penny through my TA but flights run less than advertised on any website. I'm a guy always hunting for a deal online to save a buck, etc.. but when it comes to travel deals my TA does a better job that I do. :cool:

I've used a travel agent for all my cruises, a woman who is not part of a large group, works from her home, always available. Even been on a few cruises with her! She makes it so easy. She knows our preferences, so we just let her know when we want to sail, and she takes care of it from there, even gets our travel insurance. No extra fees. If I wasn't happy with her, I'd probably go with booking myself on line, too many stories of people unhappy with PVPs.

I have booked with a PVP, with Carnival's website.."PVP was pissed about this" with the big online price competing agency... and now with an independent TA.

I honestly cannot say I have had complaints with any of them other than me telling the PVP tuff sh#$ when he called angry that I had booked a cruise myself on Carnival's site.

But I will say with this, the TA that we are using for our upcoming cruise has done a wonderful job even secured me a upgrade from a outside to a balcony for a very small fee. Still not sure how that happend because at the time it was done the price for any cabin was more than my original price + what I paid to upgrade.

Got lucky on meeting up with her through some e-friends that were going on a group cruise, and will more than likely be booking my next cruise with her as well.

So I think it really all depends.

Archived