Eclipse - don't think we will be back

thames_side

I also have issues with the loud bands playing in the Atrium and it rafting up into the card and library areas, but we had a SR right off the center glass elevators and didnt get any noise in our SR. And I listened for it, because I was expecting it.

Den

Did you get noise in the elevators?

We were on the same sailing as original poster and had a fabulous cruise. I had been reading about the loud music on Eclipse and thought that I must have been on a different cruise ship the previous 4 times so I took note of the loudness of the music on this our 5th cruise on Eclipse.

Everyone of us wants something from their holiday/cruise which another will not. On very rare occasions we will all want the same thing (like good food and good neighbours!!) and what some deem loud is moderate to others.

My husband and myself found the following:

Mornings in Ocean View, we thought the music was very low and when the place was full, you would have had to have remarkable hearing to have heard anything playing!!

Evenings, yes the atrium had a live band for around an hour, yes I agree the female singer was not good. On the Silhouette, the band was brilliant and we used to dance to them when we came out of dinner but not this time. Later they sometimes had the singers and dancers doing a short show but it didn't last long, when this happened the Martini Bar turned its music off for the duration of the show.

The Bars at the back of the ship on 12 and 14. Definately awful loud music apart from when they actually played an Adele song once!! The guitarist played outside on deck 12 sometimes and he was great. The taped songs were also very dreary songs. If they had to play music in these bars, I wouldn't mind Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Matt Munroe, Michael Bouble etc, now that would be rather soothing.

Would agree with the Sky Lounge, far too loud and we hardly ever went there but we did go one night to the Karaoke which I normally hate, but was very pleasantly surprised by a number of the guests and Michael the activities director was brilliant at hosting this.

The Theatre, usual loud music but it didn't bother us, we must now be immune to it!!

The Martini Bar - our most favourite place on the ship - the music is set low until the Theatre evicts all its tenants then they turn it up just as everyone walks by!!! Even my mum at 82 was a resident at this bar and thoroughly enjoyed it, loud music and all. The loud techno goes with the territory in this bar and I can see that it doesn't suit all. This bar was packed just before late seating but later was still full but not so packed and quite a few patrons took their drinks off to the cellar masters seats.

Overall I was expecting the really loud music that others had reported but only found this at the back of the ship on decks 12 and 14. I will discount the loud music in the Sky Lounge because this is the same on all the ships, you can never ever have a conversation there when a band is playing!!

Lyn

it is insulting to call it music in the Martini and Molecular bars, it is tuneless noise just set to drive people away from these bars, and possibly the ship itself.

The martini bar is one of the most crowded venues on every Celebrity ship.

I can live with music in the bars during the evening, I really enjoy it. I just can't get it during breakfast ?! Even at home I can't listen to music when I'm getting ready for work or on the way to work ------- I need Radio 4 (and anyone in the UK knows that this means people talking not music ;))

I have no problem with the level of music on live shows. But the tecno crap they play on their muzak system is what I really have a problem with. My wife and I were sitting in the oceanview buffet on Eclipse one afternoon in March and we could not carry on a conversation over the stuff they were playing. It got to the point we just laughed at the situation. And, when walking on the outdoor track I could actually hear the piped in music even though I was wearing headphones and listening to my personal ipod.

I feel sad for the crew because they listened to the loud music without choice. They can't wear earplugs, earmuffs, or complain. I wonder if Celebrity is thinking about the staff in the loud areas such as the buffet, Atrium, and Theater.

Marisa

I have no problem with the level of music on live shows. But the tecno crap they play on their muzak system is what I really have a problem with. My wife and I were sitting in the oceanview buffet on Eclipse one afternoon in March and we could not carry on a conversation over the stuff they were playing. It got to the point we just laughed at the situation. And, when walking on the outdoor track I could actually hear the piped in music even though I was wearing headphones and listening to my personal ipod.

Oh dear, more bad news. I hope they don't play the "tecno crap" for breakfast. Is the dining room open for breakfast and lunch?

I consider myself part of the younger group on the Iceland / Norway cruise 4th August - but I must admit as a group of 9 we found it very difficult one to find somewhere to sit together and actually hear ourselves talk without shouting. On most evenings we had to go to the Sky Lounge bar - which of course had very loud music playing.

With regard to door banging we did ask maintinence to look at ours as I was very conscious of the baning - and disturbing our neighbours but they could never find a problem so we had to find our own way closing it carefully to be mindful of our neighbours - although I can say they did not always repay the thought.

I must admit we are not rushing to return but nothing actually spoils my holidays as they are what you make them and we only usually get away once a year.

Now I understand why I often heard shush in the Persian Garden. Maybe it's one of the quiet places and patrons want to keep it that way.

I'm reading the Solarium is a quiet place. I'll spend more time there on my next Celebrity cruise. Maybe the staff will put up "Shush" signs.

-Marisa

Archived