Oceania Nautical Internet and wifi costs/plans

Shoester

We are sailing out of Stockholm next month on a Baltic cruise and would like to know the current wifi or Internet cafe rates. Any recent cruisers with an answer?

The per minute Rate Plans range from 85 cents per minute if you by 100 minutes to 50 cents per minute if you buy 1200 minutes. They also sell Plans for 200, 500 and 800 minutes.

On the larger ships, they are presently offering a $20 per day flat rate for unlimited use, but I don't believe that this has been extended to the Nautica or Regatta as of yet.

The unlimited plan sounds great - we will probably try it on the Riviera next week. I know Oceania has upgraded the internet on the Marina, and I assume has the same on the Riviera. Have you heard if people find the speed acceptable?

The unlimited plan sounds great - we will probably try it on the Riviera next week. I know Oceania has upgraded the internet on the Marina, and I assume has the same on the Riviera. Have you heard if people find the speed acceptable?

From what I hear, since the upgrade, the speed is very similar to what you would get via Dial Up, here in the United States.

We just sailed on Regatta and had the unlimited rate. It was fantastic! It was only slow on the last day when I suspect everyone was using the internet. It was $21.99 a day and we bought it for the entire time as I have a travel blog and a health blog that I update.

On a recent (July, Mediterranean) Riviera cruise prices were as follows:

- $0.95 per minute, pay per use

- $27.99 for any 24 hour period

- $21.99 per day if you bought the entire cruise

I believe (not sure) you could buy the $21.99 package up until mid-cruise or so, and it would charge from that date to the end of the cruise.

We just sailed on Regatta and had the unlimited rate. It was fantastic! It was only slow on the last day when I suspect everyone was using the internet. It was $21.99 a day and we bought it for the entire time as I have a travel blog and a health blog that I update.

Thanks, Scottygir? We are planning on bringing an ipad. Do you know if people were able to get good signals in their cabins, or did they need to use Oceania's computers or go to a ship's "hot spot" to use the device?

Thanks, Scottygir? We are planning on bringing an ipad. Do you know if people were able to get good signals in their cabins, or did they need to use Oceania's computers or go to a ship's "hot spot" to use the device?

We used our Macbook in our room with no problem - the speed was only a problem on the last day when I presume many more people were using their computers.

On a recent (July, Mediterranean) Riviera cruise prices were as follows:

- $0.95 per minute, pay per use

- $27.99 for any 24 hour period

- $21.99 per day if you bought the entire cruise

I believe (not sure) you could buy the $21.99 package up until mid-cruise or so, and it would charge from that date to the end of the cruise.

These are the same prices we had on Regatta just two weeks ago. The latest time you could buy the $21.00 per day rate was with 3 days to go. They also offered 100 minutes at $85 or 200 minutes at $150.

I found the speed improved but still not great.

Mura

Does the daily rate cover multiple devices? My husband and I will both have ipads to accesss our email - does anyone know if we can use both?

Thanks much for the update, access sounds much improved. On Nautica last year, many of us rushed off the ship in search of the nearest Internet cafe...

Does the daily rate cover multiple devices? My husband and I will both have ipads to accesss our email - does anyone know if we can use both?

Thanks much for the update, access sounds much improved. On Nautica last year, many of us rushed off the ship in search of the nearest Internet cafe...

This has been asked and answered many times.

Any number of devices that you like may be used , but only one device may be logged on at any one time.

001729.jpgYour next computer lesson involves using the search feature ;)

I am on the Riviera and bought the unlimited plan. No trouble getting online and reasonably fast service. I am using my iPad and our cabin is on deck 7 aft. I even can connect while on my balcony. I can not get a connection on my iPhone. Neither can my husband on his, but he can on his iPad, as well- obviously not at the same time that I am on my iPad.

Just came off Nautica. The internet is a joke. Bought 100 minutes which lasted 2 days because the service is so slow that it eats up the time. Unhelpful IT guy, Trevor, is useless. You are better off to buy unlimited for $22 a day which I consider a rip off anyway...lousy service. Unless you absolutely need to be hooked up, just wait to get off the ship and find free wifi which is everywhere.

Oceania needs to deal with this problem as it marred an otherwise wonderful experience.

On Regatta now and posting this from the pool deck. Cost for the internet is $24.99 a day, if you buy for the entire cruise. Speed is actually pretty good, so am not sure what the last poster is complaining about. Dslreports reports approximately 1.5 megabits per second download speeds. Fast enough for VoIP calls and VPN to the work network. Totally acceptable for Facebook, surfing news. MUCH faster than my last cruise on Regatta 4 years ago, when it was pretty much unusable.

On Regatta now and posting this from the pool deck. Cost for the internet is $24.99 a day, if you buy for the entire cruise. Speed is actually pretty good, so am not sure what the last poster is complaining about. Dslreports reports approximately 1.5 megabits per second download speeds. Fast enough for VoIP calls and VPN to the work network. Totally acceptable for Facebook, surfing news. MUCH faster than my last cruise on Regatta 4 years ago, when it was pretty much unusable.

We are also on the Regatta and concur that the speed is improved but of course not as fast as at home. But love the daily rate for there is no frustration when you await something. It isn't like a ticking taxi meter. Will do this again for sure

Archived