Just off Splendor this morning

Markmom18

Thanks for all the info. Can you tell me whether they have real drinking glasses or some kinda crummy plastic ones in the rooms? I don't remember what Carnival had for us two years ago. Also did they refill your ice a couple times a day?

Jim

Thanks for all the info. Can you tell me whether they have real drinking glasses or some kinda crummy plastic ones in the rooms? I don't remember what Carnival had for us two years ago. Also did they refill your ice a couple times a day?

Jim

They've always has glass glasses as far as I can remember, and the ice bucket can be a request for your room steward, It usually happens twice a day, but you culd probably ask for more often if you need.

On our last cruise I bought a couple bottles of Sangria at the port, which I prefer well chilled. Our wonderful steward kept it on fresh ice the entire time and also provided a separate ice bucket for me to use IN my drink. Of course I tipped generously to show my appreciation for all the attention to detail. Hope that helps! :)

Jim

Jim,

They had 2 small glasses in the bathroom. And, in the limited bar set up they had 2 round glass goblets. I had a bottle of champagne that Reynaldo kept on ice for us. As well as the silver bucket for ice.

Yes, he refilled our ice two times a day.

:-) Bobbi

Great, precise review, thanks! We're sailing on the Splendor out of NY in July 2013. Can't wait! :)

Bonnie,

Thank you. I just wanted to get this posted while it was still fresh in my memory. We are true believers in you get what you put out. We are so grateful & happy to have the opportunity to go on a vacation. We knew we'd have a great trip. But, the staff (here I go again) really "made" this trip for us. :)

We figured they will be over at our place most of the time anyway so we might as well go for the big deck. We will be in 6485 what room were you in?

I, too, thought that our son and his gf would probably like to hang on our big balcony. Never happened. We hardly saw them on the cruise. Oh, young love ....:o

Wow, if I had gone on a cruise with my girlfriend when I was 19 or 20, well, my mom would have NEVER seen me, and we would have debarked with an extra souvenir! ;)

This

Anways, in all seriousness, thank you for your review and take on the Splendor, we will be on her in December. Do you recall if the buffet had trays? I have heard some ships dont. I have to juggle food for my twins, so if they dont, I will bring one.

Do you recall if the buffet had trays? I have heard some ships dont. I have to juggle food for my twins, so if they dont, I will bring one.

Just watched a YouTube video and it definitely showed someone carrying a bunch of food on a tray back to his room.

Don't know that it's worth watching 7 minutes for it, but if you want it, here it is:

Jim

Just confirming that yes they do have trays. Just a little suggestion here: I can't stand to leave my 'mess' behind. So, I always load up the tray and find the spot where I can deposit the dishes etc. On Carnival there are buffet stations that are marked with a sign that says "clean". Just a little pet peeve of mine. I guess my Mom instilled in me the clean up after yourself rule.;)

Archived