Funship dollars,Carnival has changed how they are applied

jrmende63

I ordered some more FunShip Dollars on line Tuesday and it was applied as OBC this morning.

The process has remained the same for me when ordering online.

For me also. Ordered Wednesday and they were applied this morning.

Last year, I bought a small amount of FSD and applied that to my account before sailing. Really just enough to cover my gratuities. I don't have credit cards, and will not give my debit card # for my S&S account.

When we got to port, I put another $200.00 cash on my S&S. I cashed out my S&S account the night before we got back and received cash back.

My SO uses his Mastercard for his. He pays for the entire cruise, so I feel like I should pay at least a *little* bit towards the onboard expenses!:D

Last month, I called and purchased $300.00 in FSD and had it all applied to our accounts for gratuities and a little extra. It was posted to our accounts 3 days later.

I will take more cash with me for extra tips, a little shopping, our excursions, and a little extra padding for my S&S. I really like doing it this way, because I have a pretty tight budget and I like knowing most of it is taken care of ahead of time.

Because someone people don't want to get a bill at the end of their vacation. Everything is already paid for and they don't have to worry about it anymore. I like to pre pay as much as possible when I go on vacation.

Absolutely! This will be the first time I've ever purchased Fun Ship Dollars, but I really like the idea of having everything taken care of before we cruise. If we end up getting money back at the end of our cruise, great. If we go a little over, no biggie.

Last year, I bought a small amount of FSD and applied that to my account before sailing. Really just enough to cover my gratuities. I don't have credit cards, and will not give my debit card # for my S&S account.

When we got to port, I put another $200.00 cash on my S&S. I cashed out my S&S account the night before we got back and received cash back.

My SO uses his Mastercard for his. He pays for the entire cruise, so I feel like I should pay at least a *little* bit towards the onboard expenses!:D

Last month, I called and purchased $300.00 in FSD and had it all applied to our accounts for gratuities and a little extra. It was posted to our accounts 3 days later.

I will take more cash with me for extra tips, a little shopping, our excursions, and a little extra padding for my S&S. I really like doing it this way, because I have a pretty tight budget and I like knowing most of it is taken care of ahead of time.

It works well for me because we sail at the end of November and it's nice to not have a large credit card card bill due around Christmas time. :)

Well, I hadn't seen this thread and I purchased $300 worth of funship dollars to be applied to 2 different sailings on Tuesday. $200 was to go to my daughters sailing on the Elation on 9/17. $100 was to go to my sailing on 9/30. My daughterts credit is showing on her account by 1pm the next afternoon (Wed.)

So far my $100 is not showing on my account at all.

I think this new policy is just going to stress me out more as I get closer to my sail date. Now I have to worry about making sure every funship dollar I purchase is credited in the busy 2 weeks before my cruise.

I may have to rethink the funship dollar purchases for future cruises.

It seems that maybe I should have did it online versus calling! It is entirely possible that the lady did not have her facts straight. But as of yet I still don't have the other 800 applied to my account. I will call them if it is week before my cruise and I don't have the OBC applied!

Archived