How long in advance did you plan your first cruise?

DT1304

we booked our first cruise in October 2010 for sailing on the Pacific Jewel with P&O Australia in Nov 2011 so 13 months .....

Just booked our 2nd cruise on the Carnival Spirit Oct 2013 as it launches here permanently in Australia this October , so thats 14 months out , as we have kids we like to make sure we can get on as someone told us with kids it pays to book early ....and this time we have gone for balcony staterooms =)

i was addicited after the first one lol :)

My first cruise was booked about a month before the sail date; my upcoming second cruise was booked in June, 2012 for a July, 2013 sailing! I love the anticipation and the planning helps me get through the long wait!:)

We booked our first cruise in August last year - sailing now in under two weeks.

As it's our 25th wedding anniversary we wanted to do something different than driving & camping round Europe. That did narrow down the time to go - and I really wanted the Baltics so we booked as soon as we found the most appropriate.

Seemed a long time off when we booked but now I don't seem to have enough time left for all the last minute bits and pieces.

Have been told by numerous friends that this won't be our last.....ah well, 50 in a couple of years so there's the next excuse.

I booked my first cruise in August 2009 to sail in November 2010. Friends of mine convinced me to try cruising with them, so they talked me through the whole process. Once we were booked, we were all so excited that we ended up booking a 4 day cruise for July 2010. So in effect, the second cruise I booked ended up being my first cruise I went on.

Right now, I am booked on a cruise in November of this year (booked last December) and I am currently planning on another cruise for December 2013. So I guess I usually plan my cruises about 1 year out.

In (I think it was) 1997 I found out Disney was building a ship and I just booked blindly. The ship ended up with delays and we had to wait an extra 2 months. Total wait time was 18 months, A very long wait.

We will still book more than a year in advance, especially when we cruise with a group of friends. We like to get balcony cabins in a row.

Archived