Which Deck Aft Wrap for Freedom?

wantocruisemore

We are planning a cruise next summer with a bunch of old college friends. We love the aft but have never done an aft wrap with Carnival. We think we want to this time. I've searched for some photos and come up with some but thought I would start a thread to see if I can get more photos and ideas.

Which deck is better? We would be looking for the largest wrap possible. The room is not as important. We'll be traveling in summer so some shade would be nice, but my DH also loves looking out over the water and seeing the wake. The widest would be a preference too.

We figured at least one couple of the group should have a big balcony so we can all get together. Suggestions?

Thanks, we really loved having an aft on Deck 8 of the Triumph before. We have just never had the wrap. I'm using the excuse since it's a group of us that we should be the one that grabs the wrap. We get gin from Bon Voyage and love being able to run up to the Lido for lemonade.

If you can post some photos I think that will be all I will need to clinch it with hubby.

We had 6483 on our cruise in July and loved it. Have also had the aft wrap on 7, but prefer the one on deck 6. Here are a few pictures. We host the sailaway party on our deck and had plenty of room!

IMG_4891.JPG

IMG_4880.jpg

We had 8455 of the Freedom a couple years ago. We loved the room and huge balcony......but.........

There was really no privacy. You had to have you back to the wall of the room when you were facing the aft to not be seen. There is a stairway right above the room on the corner. On my sailing, that stairwell was a "breakroom" of sorts for the dining staff. No matter what time of day, there was someone up there. You could really see it at night because the stairs were lit up.

All of the windows on the above deck are overhanging the aft wrap's balcony. On the balconys below deck 8, you can only see a couple inches of the balcony.

Thanks so much everyone for the photos and videos!!!

I'm going to show my husband tonight and confirm with our friends to make sure we are settled on our dates so we can go ahead and book.

I like the location of Deck 8 to the Lido but the aft on Deck 6 looks deeper. I think I'm going to let my husband decide.

I showed my DH the photos and video last night. His comment was that can't be just one balcony, there must be partitions open. So he is pumped! Problem is I spoiled him a couple of years ago with an aft balcony, now next summer an aft wrap. He may never go back to anything else again.

He wants our room to be the "go to" party room for the group. Right now 2 other couples are definite, but 4 other couples may join us as well. They're fraternity brothers and their wives that DH has kept up with for over 30 yrs. The men have always had a yearly weekend getaway but this is the first time all the wives will be going on a trip together. That's the reason we wanted the aft wrap.

Thanks!!!!

I showed my DH the photos and video last night. His comment was that can't be just one balcony, there must be partitions open. So he is pumped! Problem is I spoiled him a couple of years ago with an aft balcony, now next summer an aft wrap. He may never go back to anything else again.

He wants our room to be the "go to" party room for the group. Right now 2 other couples are definite, but 4 other couples may join us as well. They're fraternity brothers and their wives that DH has kept up with for over 30 yrs. The men have always had a yearly weekend getaway but this is the first time all the wives will be going on a trip together. That's the reason we wanted the aft wrap.

Thanks!!!!

Our choice has always been either 6483 or 6452. The cabins are slightly quieter on deck 6 thanks to (and this only occurs on deck 6 Conquest and Dream class) the aft corner cabins sharing an extra door to the hallway with the side cabin - giving you a second barrier to block out "hall noise". The hall door does not have the louvered vent in it like the standard doors - meaning even less sound can travel through the door.

81817790_5ejUc-L.jpg

81818254_LRif6-L.jpg

Additionally, your friends rates will likely be slightly lower booking on deck 6 (if you want them near you) vs. decks 7 or 8, as higher decks generally cost a bit more --- and that's only because people believe the hype that "higher must be better", and continue to pay more for those... :rolleyes:

Tom

Thanks for posting those pictures of the hallway!

On our Victory cruise this Thanksgiving my husband and I have the aft-wrap, our daughters are in the other cabin next to us in the alcove (we will have our own private entrance :) ) and my parents are in the aft-facing on the other side of us -- 3 balconies in a row from side to aft!

Thanks for posting those pictures of the hallway!

On our Victory cruise this Thanksgiving my husband and I have the aft-wrap, our daughters are in the other cabin next to us in the alcove (we will have our own private entrance :) ) and my parents are in the aft-facing on the other side of us -- 3 balconies in a row from side to aft!

You're going to have a nice chunk of real estate there - have a blast!! :)

Tom

side by side with friends is the BEST.

We 'all' have connecting ( or as close as connecting as Carnival will allow us to open dividers) balconies on the Liberty in October..

6465,6469,6473,6481,6483 ( the Aft wrap) 6485,

Then we also have 6489, and an inside across the hall in 6471.

Absolutely can not WAIT to get thru the next 38 days to see my 'family' again!

If you can book a year out and do early saver, the prices for the the 8A's are less that $100 a day.

side by side with friends is the BEST.

We 'all' have connecting ( or as close as connecting as Carnival will allow us to open dividers) balconies on the Liberty in October..

6465,6469,6471,6483, 6485, 6483(the aft wrap) and 6481...

Then we also have 6489, and an inside across the hall in 6471.

Absolutely can not WAIT to get thru the next 38 days to see my 'family' again!

If you can book a year out and do early saver, the prices for the the 8A's are less that $100 a day.

Nice!

Enjoy those GUY'S BURGERS!! :D

Tom

• 1 month later...
You can see the aft corner cabins in this photo of the Conquest (same as Freedom). Take your pick!! We always opt for deck 6.

43476784_rQvVZ-L.jpg

Tom

Thanks for the pic Tom. Scott and I will have Aft wrap 6452 on the Freedom in July. Good to see you and Cheryl are still Crusing along :).

Archived