Venice Post Cruise Hotel Suggestions?

FPJC03

My wife and I are sailing on Mariner end of October for Monte Carlo to Venice cruise. We would like to stay an extra night post-cruise. The three hotels are: Bauer, Molina Stucky and Westin Europa. But the prices are anywhere from $350-500 per person, of course including transfers.

I know that Venice is an expensive city for hotels and also transport, so was wondering if anyone found it worthwhile to book their own hotel and transit to get a better location and accomodations. I enjoy doing research into finding deals but also enjoy the ease of letting the cruise line taking care of everything.

Any detailed reviews of these hotels and are they worthwhile? Noticed that Westin is on the water, so that would be my first choice, great location. Thanks for any assistance. This will also be our first with Regent, have been with Celebrity, Royal, and Princess. Looking forward to a smaller ship and more upscale ambiance.

When we were in Venice 2 years ago we stayed at the Palazzo Sant Angelo Venezia. It was on the grand Canal in fact our room overlooked the canal with a very small balcony and right outside the hotel was the public transportation although we never used it. we were able to walk to everything and were were transported by private water taxi from the airport to the front door of the hotel and then back to the airport. we paid for the private transfer and it was well worth it.

Great place to stay and a great price. I booked it on line and would stay there again.

I read about it on the cruise critic website.

Kandy

My wife and I are sailing on Mariner end of October for Monte Carlo to Venice cruise. We would like to stay an extra night post-cruise. The three hotels are: Bauer, Molina Stucky and Westin Europa. But the prices are anywhere from $350-500 per person, of course including transfers.

I know that Venice is an expensive city for hotels and also transport, so was wondering if anyone found it worthwhile to book their own hotel and transit to get a better location and accomodations. I enjoy doing research into finding deals but also enjoy the ease of letting the cruise line taking care of everything.

Any detailed reviews of these hotels and are they worthwhile? Noticed that Westin is on the water, so that would be my first choice, great location. Thanks for any assistance. This will also be our first with Regent, have been with Celebrity, Royal, and Princess. Looking forward to a smaller ship and more upscale ambiance.

We will be on the Voyager, Monte Carlo - Venice, arriving Oct 17. We have chosen to spend 2 nights at Hotel Antiche Figure. It gets great reviews on Trip Advisor. Good luck

If you are quoting prices per person you are obviously quoting prices given to you by Regent. Have your TA check the hotels and you will find that you can get them for far less since you will be charged per room and not per person.

We just stayed at the Westin Regina and Europa; I love the location. The concierge sent a water taxi for us and we found another passenger to share the water taxi. We stayed their prior time in Venice; The hotel is lovely and the service excellent; Anywhere in Venice is very expensive. We used miles to stay so it did not cost us.

We stayed last year at Westin Europa and Regina prior to our cruise (Venice to Monte Carlo). This was our second time staying at the hotel. We love the location and the hotel is lovely. I used cash and Sheraton points. The prior time we got a room for $350 or so. The Bauer is another nice hotel near Europa and Regina. Either have your TA find a hotel or do a search in the Internet. Prices drop at Europa and Regina as it gets closer to your dates. Regent uses Europa and Regina for its Penthouse guests. They use the Hilton on the other side of the Grand Canal for other guests.

Did you book the Westing thru Regent? Noticed they are one of the pre/post cruise hotels. Read on tripadvisor that the best rooms have a view of the Grand Canal. What kind of view did you have? Can you upgrade to get a better location? Can't wait to go. OOOOOHHH SOLO MIO....

FPJ:

Hello from a fellow Clevelander...was in Venice last year. We stayed at a small place: Locanda Orselo. Small place about a block off St. Mark's Square. Kinda tucked away..but couldn't have been a better stay. Staff was outstanding with great restaurant recommendations, etc...Much less formal than the Bauer, etc., but we really liked it.

FPJC03,

We did not book our room at Westin Europa and Regina through Regent. I booked it myself at Starwood's website because I was using Starwood's points and cash. I didn't get a room facing the Grand Canal. Those are more expensive. We didn't have a view but that was OK. The restaurant for breakfast faces the Grand Canal and is very nice. The buffet is overpriced at 60 euros per person. It's better to order from the menu for breakfast.

Have a great cruise.

FPJC03,

We did not book our room at Westin Europa and Regina through Regent. I booked it myself at Starwood's website because I was using Starwood's points and cash. I didn't get a room facing the Grand Canal. Those are more expensive. We didn't have a view but that was OK. The restaurant for breakfast faces the Grand Canal and is very nice. The buffet is overpriced at 60 euros per person. It's better to order from the menu for breakfast.

Have a great cruise.

The waiter let us select eggs, bacon, fruit and rolls from the buffet and charged us ala carte. Our check was about 20 Euro for two.

Archived