1st Day on Sunday What To Do

Avereysnana

Thanks we have been to horseshoe bay and was wondering about Church Bay and Gibbs Lighthouse?

Sure...Church Bay, Warwick Long Bay...any South Shore beach you want. You can go to the lighthouse too.

The only issue on a Sunday is the reduced bus schedule.

Thank you njhorseman. It sounds like you have been there alot. One more question What is your favorate place to go when you are there?

Thanks.

Yes, we've been going to Bermuda for about 25 years. Unfortunately we are unable to go there (or anywhere) this year...but we did manage to take two cruises to Bermuda last year! The beauty of the island and the friendliness of its residents puts me at peace with the world...it must be something in the air!

After so many years, I don't have a particular favorite place...believe it or not I'm not a beach lover, so my wife goes by herself. My favorite thing is not to go anywhere in particular, but instead just to go somewhere...by bus or ferry. I love taking the ferries, and I love the buses because you get to meet the local residents, particularly if you travel on a route or at a time when there aren't hundreds of tourists queued up waiting to go to or from the beach.

I love St. George's quaintness. I like just strolling along Front St. in Hamilton...although I liked it better before the big department stores closed a few years ago.

I enjoy St George and the ferry but we are going for our 41st wedding Anniversery and just wondered what to do on that day. Guess I will hope for more ideas or just wing it. Have you been to Ft. oh it started with an S (trying to do 2 thing at once does not help) for sundown?

SO happy I read this post! My plans started out at St George since we are arriving on Sunday. I changed everything now - especially after finding out the ferry won't be in service Sunday. I don't want to spend 90 minutes on a bus. I love reading these posts! You learn so much.

I enjoy St George and the ferry but we are going for our 41st wedding Anniversery and just wondered what to do on that day. Guess I will hope for more ideas or just wing it. Have you been to Ft. oh it started with an S (trying to do 2 thing at once does not help) for sundown?

I believe you're thinking about Fort Scaur. I haven't been there, but I understand the view is magnificent.

OK I think I have day one down

Dock at 11 then get bus passes for 3 days

Go to Gibbs Hill Lighthouse

Swizzle Inn

Warwick Bay to Horseshoe Bay

Back to boat

And if we are not to warn out

Sunset at Ft Scaur

To much???????????

Is there some where better to eat?

OK I think I have day one down

Dock at 11 then get bus passes for 3 days

Go to Gibbs Hill Lighthouse

Swizzle Inn

Warwick Bay to Horseshoe Bay

Back to boat

And if we are not to warn out

Sunset at Ft Scaur

To much???????????

Is there some where better to eat?

Instead of eating at the Swizzle Inn? You could try Henry VIII Restaurant which is at the corner of the bus route and the road to Gibbs L/H.

SBtS

• 4 weeks later...

Archived