Butler list

Judyumcer@aol.com

Been in Suites and had some wonderful Butlers, but never seen or heard of a "Butler's list". Staff is in constant change with vacations ending and starting.It would be difficult to request a Butler, even if there was a list, since they are assigned to specific cabin locations. I was once the cruiser with the highest points and my favorite Butler was on the ship. He was assigned close to my cabin and they assigned him to me as a very special favor. He, of course, had to agree to the assignment.

Been in Suites and had some wonderful Butlers, but never seen or heard of a "Butler's list". Staff is in constant change with vacations ending and starting.It would be difficult to request a Butler, even if there was a list, since they are assigned to specific cabin locations. I was once the cruiser with the highest points and my favorite Butler was on the ship. He was assigned close to my cabin and they assigned him to me as a very special favor. He, of course, had to agree to the assignment.

I believe they are referring to the list of things you can have your Butler do for you, while on the cruise. There have been a few floating around here over the years with specific ideas on how to get the most from your butler.

I believe they are referring to the list of things you can have your Butler do for you, while on the cruise. There have been a few floating around here over the years with specific ideas on how to get the most from your butler.

Okay, that makes sense. The Butler will help you unpack and pack if you wish. They will shine your shoes. They bring afternoon snacks and will set up breakfast and dinner service if you wish. They will secure reservations for specialty dining. They will take care of laundry service. I was invited to a dinner in the PH Suite and the Butler took our orders from the MDR menu and served each course. Just ask if you need something. I had a rental tux and the jacket was not up to standard. The Butler secured new jacket.

Okay, that makes sense. The Butler will help you unpack and pack if you wish. They will shine your shoes. They bring afternoon snacks and will set up breakfast and dinner service if you wish. They will secure reservations for specialty dining. They will take care of laundry service. I was invited to a dinner in the PH Suite and the Butler took our orders from the MDR menu and served each course. Just ask if you need something. I had a rental tux and the jacket was not up to standard. The Butler secured new jacket.

Appreciate these details and tips shared. We would not want the unpacking and packing help, BUT, the details on in-suite meal service is of value and of interest.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 100,661 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Over the years I have asked others for this list and have never received it. I just thought it would be fun to see how others have used their butlers and the outstanding service provided or just funny stories. If that list really exists, I would like to have it also. gibbandjan@yahoo.com

In post #5 I summarized what the Butler can do for you. Don't ever recall seeing an "Official" list, so people might be asking for something that doesn't exist. I could be wrong and would look forward to seeing "the list". What else would you like to know about the Butler in addition to what I provided in post #5? I'll be more than pleased to try to answer your questions.

I had a rental tux and the jacket was not up to standard. The Butler secured new jacket.

My DH forgot the pants for his suit and we just rang the butler and he was able to get a full tux for him. Our butler was so cute - he was upset because he couldn't get the exact size DH needed for his jacket. It was a smidgeon too big, but unless you were a tailor, you would have never known.

I have seen some of the "Butler Lists" on threads and for me they were a little too much. I don't need a whole lot and the list that X publishes pretty much covers it all for me.

We had 2 couples traveling in the Penthouse and Royal with the same buter. The butler was great (head butler on ship), did everything we asked, had a great sense of humor and was there anytime we wanted him, but never obtrusive.

We pretty much used the butler for the general items Celebrity lists:

- Brought a pot of coffee every morning around 6

- Served Breakfast every morning around 7

- Would bring us h'orderves every night around 6:30 to enjoy with our pre-dinner cocktails & wine

- Had a jacket mended when a button fell off

- Had shoes shined before formal nights

- Took care of laundy/dry-cleaning

- Served dinner on patio of Penthouse a couple nights (by course, not all at once like standard room-service)

- we had pre-reserved select before boarding ship, but he took care of all changes we wanted for speciality restaurants and Blu.

- Replaced the 2 bottles of liquor with ones we wanted

- had maintenance replace the TV in the livingroom that was flaky.

- fixed our hot-tub on the patio that was only filling with cold-water (user error)

- scheduled Spa Appts

I am sure there were other things, but we didn't sit around trying to think of tasks for him, just used him anytime we needed something done...

The Butler DOES NOT clean the cabin, do windows or bring towels and supplies to the bathroom. When people ask for a list I sometimes think it's like a "bucket list", they want to make sure that they get everything whether they need it or not. As has been said: need something, just ask and the Butler will either do it or suggest or find the person who can do it. They take care of the details so you are free to relax and enjoy your cruise.

The Butler DOES NOT clean the cabin, do windows or bring towels and supplies to the bathroom. When people ask for a list I sometimes think it's like a "bucket list", they want to make sure that they get everything whether they need it or not. As has been said: need something, just ask and the Butler will either do it or suggest or find the person who can do it. They take care of the details so you are free to relax and enjoy your cruise.

Couldn't agree more, thats why i said that we didn't sit around trying to find things for him to do, just asked when we needed something. It does often feel that people are seeking out tasks for the butler, just so feel like they really got to "use" the butler :rolleyes:

Archived