Dumbest Cruise Rule Ever!

nealstuber

Nominees for Dumbest Cruise rule Ever...  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Nominees for Dumbest Cruise rule Ever...

• No limes in your Corona Bottle
    • No Fishing of the Ship
    • No trays at the Buffet
    • No F deck
    • No Power Cords
    • No Steak Knives
    • No name changes on bookings
    • No Rate chages to existing bookings.
    • No Smoking on you Private Balcony
    • Smoking permitted someplace

Try being trapped on a ship with 1000 screaming kids and Disney music playing 24/7 ("It's a small world after all") and you will see why bringing as much alcohol on board as humanly possible is allowed. :D

Yikes! I worked with someone who was on the It's A Small World ride at Disney World when the ride broke. He sat there and listened to that song for 45 minutes. :eek: He wasn't the same after that.

I'm hitting the invisible "LIKE" button! This was what I was going to say. BTW, I use my e-cig discreetly and no one ever knows I'm using it in forbidden areas ;).

Yup! Me too! After 4 years, I've gotten quite good at it. No vapor comes out while in stealth mode!

Yes, and what about the poor folks that use the trays to bring breakfast up to their cabins. How are they going to do it now? Feel bad for them. Some folks like to go down pick what they want from the buffet and then take it back up to their room or balcony. Not everyone wants to do room service.

I'd be real tempted to just "borrow" a room service tray and just keep using it until the end of the cruise. Wipe it down and put it in the closet until I need it next. Wash it and leave it behind on debark day.

Wonder if the no-more-tray thing is also meant to be a deterrent for bringing buffet food back to the room ? :confused:

'

I think it was done to stop people from taking too much food. Without a tray you are more likely to only get what you can carry/really want. Once you finish, if you want more you'll go it. Trays allow people to get alot of stuff they just want to "try" or that looks good and it leads to more waste.

A lot of University dining halls also switched to no trays some years ago and saw a lot less waste.

No trays also saves money on detergent and water to wash them.

They now pour your Corona into this recycable bottle which allows for a lime!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4JizGav-kHlqd9x7ETB18QZPwsVeGkMG_2YBNFSNAHOezsG3W

We've seen these on other cruises but not most recently on the Magic. This contraceptive device is no substritute for a GLASS bottle. If you want to say I'm a fruit for wanting the same in my beer - I can live wiith that - apparently there must be enough of us to affect the ozone layer or the temperature of the earth - or whatever the environmentalist rationalization is for schleping lime laden glass from the middle of the ocean to dry land.

To the three or 4 other people who posted what they thought we dumb cruise rules - thanks. We seem especially punchy today on this board.

There were trays on Miracle last week. No trays on Dream in Feb. On the dream I was witness to quite a few fights at the breakfast buffet, none on Miracle. Not sure if lack of trays brings people back to the lines to get one item and people feel they can sneak in front of others, or just different clientele?

Not true. On HAL you can bring as much wine, soda or water as you want. They still will not allow hard liquor. But their prices to have liquor delivered to your room is cheaper on HAL. We payed about $28.75 for a fifth of Skyy Vodka.

You can but you are charged $14 or $15 a bottle of wine on embarcation. Doesn't matter where you drink the wine, you are charged that much. You do get a refund (I believe) if you don't open the bottle.

I can't stand lime in my beer, so that rule doesn't bother me. I do dislike those weird Corona bottles, however, so I just get a margarita. No trays is a bother, but not a deal killer for me.

My biggest gripe is when we're tendering and we can't take a elevator to the deck where the tender is. Ever try carrying a heavy bag with scuba equipment down a flight of stairs with other passengers bumping into you?

Having been in the group that "gets" to take the elevator, its not all its cracked up to be. We had dd in a stroller so we proceeded as told and wait for the elevator and waited and waited. they called 3 different sets of tender groups (with 3-4 numbers in each set) before the elevator even came and then we had to cut in the line with people giving us the stink eye (even though our tender number was like 12 numbers before theirs!). In hindsight, I would have preferred to carry the stoller down the stairs- which was not really an option as the line was waiting ON the stairs.

My vote is easy.. though I think confiscating my little 6 ft extension cord was silly.

My vote goes to confiscating two of my wine openers as weapons.. and then later that same night for dinner our waiter came around passing out steak knifes.

How is a wine opener a unsafe weapon.. but its ok to have a steak knife I could easily have walked out of the MDR with.

My vote is easy.. though I think confiscating my little 6 ft extension cord was silly.

My vote goes to confiscating two of my wine openers as weapons.. and then later that same night for dinner our waiter came around passing out steak knifes.

How is a wine opener a unsafe weapon.. but its ok to have a steak knife I could easily have walked out of the MDR with.

This ones my favorite one yet. Pure stupid.

I think it's a bit ridiculous that you have to pay full adult fare for babies. I get it that they make a mess and take up a spot on the ship, but it still seems silly to me.

I so agree with you. I think children under 2 should be free or at least very reduced. And not that silly 'the baby as a third person' BS they pull.

Having been in the group that "gets" to take the elevator, its not all its cracked up to be. We had dd in a stroller so we proceeded as told and wait for the elevator and waited and waited. they called 3 different sets of tender groups (with 3-4 numbers in each set) before the elevator even came and then we had to cut in the line with people giving us the stink eye (even though our tender number was like 12 numbers before theirs!). In hindsight, I would have preferred to carry the stoller down the stairs- which was not really an option as the line was waiting ON the stairs.

I would bet my scuba gear is a lot heavier and more cumbersome than a stroller. I have a full-size rolling bag, plus a backpack, plus I'm hand carrying my camera underwater box with the strobe attached. It's almost impossible for me to handle that safely going down stairs.

One time, as we headed to the tenders, we were right next to a gentleman in a wheelchair who was being taken to an elevator. We asked to use it, too, and actually beat everyone to the tender.

It's even worse getting back on because our gear is much, much heavier due to being wet. Again, up the stairs. I will admit that sometimes one of the staff will take pity on me and carry my big bag up the stairs. I could just kiss them when that happens. Yes, I tip.

This applies to all cruise lines.:(

Try being trapped on a ship with 1000 screaming kids and Disney music playing 24/7 ("It's a small world after all") and you will see why bringing as much alcohol on board as humanly possible is allowed. :D

So then you don't realize the kids have an entire deck to themselves, no adults, and the are many adult only areas on the ship, as well as their private island.

Nothing that knocking something you are unfamiliar with and have never experienced.

I still am waiting for someone who has actually BEEN on a Disney Cruise to say something negative about it, other than the price (I say that). All the other comments are just ignorant of reality, like all the people on Disney Boards who say Carnival cruisers are drunk trashy folks. Thats just as true as the above comments. Call me a Disney cheerleader if you like!

Anyways, what is the deal with the no taking the elevator to the tender? Going and coming?

I try to take the stairs, but coming back onto the Disney Wonder on Deck one on a 95 degree Cabo day, to get to my cabin on deck 9, the elevator it is!

Not true. On HAL you can bring as much wine, soda or water as you want. They still will not allow hard liquor. But their prices to have liquor delivered to your room is cheaper on HAL. We payed about $28.75 for a fifth of Skyy Vodka.

How many fifths in a leter?

Sorry, but guess I would have to say the dumbest rule is allowing smoking on balconies, or anywhere on the ship for that matter. :o

You do realize thet there are about a hundred threads about smoking, I don't read those beacuse they cover the same tired old arguments, why is everybody trying to turn this one into 101?

I would bet my scuba gear is a lot heavier and more cumbersome than a stroller. I have a full-size rolling bag, plus a backpack, plus I'm hand carrying my camera underwater box with the strobe attached. It's almost impossible for me to handle that safely going down stairs.

One time, as we headed to the tenders, we were right next to a gentleman in a wheelchair who was being taken to an elevator. We asked to use it, too, and actually beat everyone to the tender.

It's even worse getting back on because our gear is much, much heavier due to being wet. Again, up the stairs. I will admit that sometimes one of the staff will take pity on me and carry my big bag up the stairs. I could just kiss them when that happens. Yes, I tip.

yup love toteing 50 plus pounds of scuba gear...NOT. but I am always glad I did at the end of the day.

Dumb Rule, yes I understand why BUT not letting you cruise without a parent till you turn 25. My daughter is Platinum has been for years and knows how to act on a ship. But she was very bummed when she couldn't celebrate her college graduation on a cruise. The day she turns 25 she leaves on a cruise she can't wait to be without her parents!:)

Aaaaaaaggghhh.....I've got "it's' a small world" going through my head now, and it won't go away!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Why the hell did you have to do that? I skipped over a whole bunch of this stuff but noooooo you have to go and make a comment like that. You must be a sadist. :D

That being said I can say is that I can never make a trip to one of the Disney parks unless I actually go through that attraction. If it happens to be closed for refurb that is a jinx and I have to get to the next park ASAP to fix it.

Archived