Ginger cookies

hannahsmomtoo

I'll throw this out there, FWIW...

The onboard sushi cart/bar has ginger.;) Of course, it's only open for a limited time each day, and maybe not even on all ships. So, it may not be available when you need it. I just thought it worth mentioning.:)

Preparing for an upcoming cruise, I took a ginger pill the other night. Within 3 minutes I had a slightly burning sensation in my throat. It worried me for about a half hour or so, but it did go away (I went to bed at that point). Has anyone else experienced that? Just wondering if it is normal.

I love ginger snaps and ginger ale, so the ginger is not a problem.

I'm trying to get ahold of some bonine for the cruise. It isn't sold in Canada, but I think I can get some ahead of time, or at least the night before the cruise in Miami.

By the way, just found this forum, look forward to many hours of informative reading!

Preparing for an upcoming cruise, I took a ginger pill the other night. Within 3 minutes I had a slightly burning sensation in my throat. It worried me for about a half hour or so, but it did go away (I went to bed at that point). Has anyone else experienced that? Just wondering if it is normal.

I'm trying to get ahold of some bonine for the cruise. It isn't sold in Canada, but I think I can get some ahead of time, or at least the night before the cruise in Miami.

By the way, just found this forum, look forward to many hours of informative reading!

Welcome to Cruise Critic, ShipShape2012!

Yes, I have had that same experience from swallowing ginger capsules. Kind of like heartburn.:( Luckily though for me, the ginger was an unnecesary precaution. I never get seasick or motion sick. I was just afraid I might so I figured it couldn't hurt to take them for a week or so leading up to my cruise. Guess I was wrong. It did hurt a little.:o But like you said, not a big deal. And definitely worth the little bit of discomfort if it prevents seasickness.

You should have no trouble finding Bonine in any major U.S. drugstore or drug section of U.S. Wal-Mart, Target, etc. Happy cruising!:)

I've taken a fair number of ginger capsules in my day and I've never had (or heard of) a reaction like that.

I agree with those that recommend ginger capsules over ginger cookies--save those calories for something else!

My dd gets car sick and takes the ginger pills, but she always eats something first.

Welcome to CC.

Welcome to CC!!!

I rode out Hurricane Rita in the GOM with no meds, I think that the captain an I were the onlt two standing. Even DW who had the patches was sick.

Altoids makes a ginger flavor too that I've found on Amazon, but never in a store close to me.

I did buy some ginger candy at our local organic store for DH since he doesn't like to take medication of any kind.

We have those(ginger Altoids) in the stores down here, mybe it's a southren thing.

You can also try ginger ale.

ShipShape, you can buy Bonine right on the ship in the gift shops or at Guest Services, in the event you don't get it ahead of time.

ShipShape, you can buy Bonine right on the ship in the gift shops or at Guest Services, in the event you don't get it ahead of time.

Thanks... yes, I had read that they had Bonine on board, but I am also looking to start taking it a day or two in advance just in case. I understand they used to give it away free, but now charge for it?

Archived