Ginger cookies

hannahsmomtoo

Good morning !

I have read some threads about people munching on ginger cookies to help avoid queasiness.. Can someone clarify..? I can only think of "ginger snaps".. are there other ginger cookies?

Thank you

Not sure if there's another kind of ginger cookie, but I use good old-fashioned ginger snaps. They help me with motion unpleasantness, so I take them along on car trips, too.

Coaster Jan

If you can fly, ride in a train, car or roller coasters and not suffer motion sickness, you "may" be ok to cruise. Me, on the other hand, can't do anything like that without getting horribly sick... lol. I love my Bonine.

I am ok flying - but NOT on roller coasters etc..

taking bonine.. and thought I would pack some "Ginger cookies" as well..

hey it's an excuse to eat a cookie !

:eek:

There you go again worrying about things that probably won't even affect you! lol I'd bet you 20 bucks that you'd be fine even without Bonine, but better take it just in case. ;):D

Dang it - I was hoping you wouldn't see this one... :D

yeah I am totally obsessing !

_____

Shout out to the AZ cruisers !!! Woooot !

Altoids makes a ginger flavor too that I've found on Amazon, but never in a store close to me.

I did buy some ginger candy at our local organic store for DH since he doesn't like to take medication of any kind.

I've never had a problem, even though I have vertigo problems (Meniere's Disease). I always take non-drowsy Bonine just in case. Rather have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Taking a small box of Ginger Snaps sounds good too. Nice little snack for those that like 'em. (I do)

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Ginerger snaps, and I am going to get some this weekend. I always pack the Bonine ( more so for DH than myself).

Another thing we do is take a Bonine the night before the cruise, at bedtime. I remember reading it somewhere, so that is what we have done for years now. It may be "mind over matter", but DH has never gotten quessy since then.

Another thing we do is take a Bonine the night before the cruise, at bedtime. I remember reading it somewhere, so that is what we have done for years now. It may be "mind over matter", but DH has never gotten quessy since then.

Bonine/Meclizine lasts up to 24 hours, and being an antihistamine, although its less drowsy than Dramamine/Dimenhydrinate, it can still make some people sleepy. Taking it at bedtime will get the drug into your system and minimize the drowsiness....

on our first cruise we had a lot of old seasickness then for the next when we got ginger capsules and they worked wonderful. just started taking them a couple days before the cruise and everyday while we were there and no seasickness even with a rough weather and seas.

Good morning !

I have read some threads about people munching on ginger cookies to help avoid queasiness.. Can someone clarify..? I can only think of "ginger snaps".. are there other ginger cookies?

Thank you

In addition to the "snaps" whixh are crisp, there are also soft ginger cookies, ginger biscotti and endless recipies. There is also ginger gum

Bonine/Meclizine lasts up to 24 hours, and being an antihistamine, although its less drowsy than Dramamine/Dimenhydrinate, it can still make some people sleepy. Taking it at bedtime will get the drug into your system and minimize the drowsiness....

Thank you for the explanation. I am happy to see there is a method to my madness. Thanks again :o

Like others have said, I also take my bonine each night before bed. That way, if I do suffer any sleepiness, I sleep it off.

I forgot to take it once when I was on a train between Paris and The Netherlands. I got horribly sick but was able to keep a pill down long enough to get into my system. I ate some dry bread and drank some water and started feeling better about an hour or so later.

Op, take your cookies (lol, like you said it gives you an excuse to eat them.. lol) and see how you do! If you start to get queasy, eat the cookies and then take a pill if you have to. You may find you will be just fine!!!

Yogi ginger tea works really well too. It's got a very strong ginger-y flavor for those who are into that sort of thing.

Personally I prefer peppermint for upset stomach, but I'm one of those lucky people who has no issues with motion sickness.

As for the OP's question, I *make* a really delicious ginger cookie that's nice and soft, but most of the store bought ones are the crispy gingersnap variety.

My kids always loved candied ginger, so I tend to make it myself and take a bit with me on each cruise. I usually use the patch behind my ear, but usually leave it longer than the 3 day just to stretch things out. If I start to get queasy, I would snack on the candied ginger and then apply a new patch.

I guess I'm a DIY girl at heart. :)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/candied-ginger-recipe/index.html

Get Ginger pills from the vitamin section, works really quick. Save the calories for the Chocolate Melting Cake!!! :p

My cruisin friends always take ginger snaps but I've heard the pills work great..Dennis

Archived