Elation change for those sailing 8/30

LHP

CARNIVAL ELATION 8/30 DEPARTURE

Our scheduled 4-day cruise will be shortened to a 3-day Fun Cruise @ Sea departing on Friday, August 31, 2012. Please proceed to the Port of New Orleans and plan to arrive between 1:00 PM and 4:00 PM on Friday. The parking garage at the port will be open. Busses will take guests and their luggage to Mobile.

We sincerely apologize for this disruption to your cruise. Here are your options.

Sail with us and receive a:

- 50% refund of your cruise fare (refunded within the next 2 weeks)

- 25% future cruise discount (restrictions apply)

- Gratuities will be adjusted

- Refund of government fees and taxes

- Refunds will not be provided for flight changes, hotel accommodations, meals, transfers, or other incidental costs

Should you wish to cancel or reschedule, please contact 1-800-CARNIVAL to request your future cruise credit.

Guest who purchased flights with Carnival’s FlyAweigh program will automatically have their flights adjusted to the new day and time. You will be notified of your new flights by our Travel Services department. Guests with independent flight arrangements, please adjust your travel plans accordingly.

To stay up to date on any changes, we encourage you to sign up for text alerts by texting CCL1 to CRUISE (278473). If you have already done so during your online check-in, you will automatically receive updates.

Once again, we’re very sorry that Mother Nature did not cooperate with our plans. However, we’re confident you’ll have loads of fun on board.

At the moment, there are no changes expected for any other sailings departing on or after Thursday, August 30, 2012. In the event we need to make a deviation to a future itinerary, we will update our guests.

That sounds pretty generous to me. I assume you are still going?

Not really generous. 4 day cruise now a 3 day cruise to nowhere. First, the one day is a refund (25%). The second 25% is for the inconvenience. For some, they are flying and they will incur an additional hotel night, and meals. So for them, they get compensation. For other, they might make a deal.

Plus a coupon for 25% of the full price (not discount price) really isn't that much either, and many people won't be able to use it.

I agree, that they are taking care of people, but let's not say it is generous. That's pushing it a little too far.

This is awesome? Did you not notice that although the cruise is leaving from Mobile, you still have to go to New Orleans to check-in? You cannot just go to Mobile.

How are these people supposed to get into New Orleans, 1 day after a hurricane has blown through? Does that make any kind of sense?

Hey Fire...... how far a drive for you to Mobile??

Mobile?? It took me 11 1/2 hours. Im less than a hour from Oklahome..North Texas here.

Some awesome rates.. If I didnt already have 2 full weeks of cruising already booked this month.

My PVP is offering me some great bottom rates on Conquest now too .. If Only I didnt have any responsibilities. lol

I tried to post to the Carnival Forum (on their website) with no success.

I understand the announcement states to proceed to Port of New Orleans to be shuttled to Mobile. What if your travel plans make going to Mobile a better choice? Will there be people at Port of Mobile to check people in?

I understand the ship is coming back to New Oreans.

I tried to post to the Carnival Forum (on their website) with no success.

I understand the announcement states to proceed to Port of New Orleans to be shuttled to Mobile. What if your travel plans make going to Mobile a better choice? Will there be people at Port of Mobile to check people in?

I understand the ship is coming back to New Oreans.

That is probably not an option since the ship will be RETURNING to New Olreans....

Not really generous. 4 day cruise now a 3 day cruise to nowhere. First, the one day is a refund (25%). The second 25% is for the inconvenience. For some, they are flying and they will incur an additional hotel night, and meals. So for them, they get compensation. For other, they might make a deal.

Plus a coupon for 25% of the full price (not discount price) really isn't that much either, and many people won't be able to use it.

I agree, that they are taking care of people, but let's not say it is generous. That's pushing it a little too far.

What's the difference between discount price and full price?

Since nobody is allowed to discount the price is full price isn't it?

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is generous considering Carnival did not have to do it....

and all folks have to do is file their hotel and meals for the night before with their travel insurance....

Mobile?? It took me 11 1/2 hours. Im less than a hour from Oklahome..North Texas here.

Some awesome rates.. If I didnt already have 2 full weeks of cruising already booked this month.

My PVP is offering me some great bottom rates on Conquest now too .. If Only I didnt have any responsibilities. lol

Never cruised out of Mobile while full time in CA.... Now Pt in TX for us its only about 7 1/2 hrs. If we didnt have plans I would do last minute for cheap

That is probably not an option since the ship will be RETURNING to New Orleans....

Actual it is. I called Carnival to ask if we can check-in at Mobile. While they discourage it they will check us in.

We are renting a car to drive from New Orleans and dropping it off at the Mobile airport. Since there are 5 of us and we REALLY don't want to be herded like cattle in New Orleans we opted to drive ourselves. We get into New Orleans via Southwest around 9am. Picking up the car and getting out of dodge. Once we get to Mobile we are going to check it out and take our time getting to the check-in. Since we are dropping the car off in Mobile we can return to New Orleans and catch our flight back - no problems.

Archived