Ruby or Caribbean?

Luvsprincess

Always we all have opinions. Choice is personal.

What are your reasons and desires?

The CB is going to have a major ..let me say overhaul and re-construction going on after you s=desired date(s).

Choices ..choices..

Glad we all can choose..:D

I was having the same dilemma and I ended up booking the Caribbean Princess for the Dec. 1st sailing. It sounds like the ships are very similar and some people liked the Ruby better because it's newer. I went with the CB because the adults only pool is shaded by Skywalkers nightclub, and I prefer to sit in the shade - especially since I plan to be in one of those lounge chairs for about six hours a day! Also, the CB sailed on saturday and the Ruby on Sunday. And the CB had three sea days vs two for the Ruby. Minor differences but enough to push me to the CB since I needed to make a decision.

Dear Luvsprincess,

A choice not mentioned.

One form Column C now..lol

Try both.

That way your able to have the cruise life and entertainment. Seeing both does make it better for you.

If you choose one, IMHO with the Up-Coming major overhaul of the CB just after your wanted voyage.. I would in your circumstance choose the other.

As 9 out of 10 times your not going to find the quality of services at PAR to say the least...

That is why prices of the voyages come down a lot.

GOD Willing I shall be boarding the CB again in a few weeks.

The Port of travel is a r/t of RED HOOK, Borough of Brooklyn, NYC, NY.

That's one major reason most people in this area cruise with SO FEW SHIPS here still, but the majority of the US Population withing a 12 mile circle and the money of 40 % too. A lot of Cruise Companies want the easiest cabin fill and not the responsibility of providing the best price, services, and quality. Thus having to ADVERTISE on a regular basis. In other words Cruise lines are GREEDY, IMHO.

This area of NJ/NYC /Ct./Pa. are having the most price/quality competition in the World. The volumes of population and money dictate it.

A perfect example is Paramus, New Jersey it has the largest volume of any retail sales Worldwide. In one US Postal Code it does FIVE Billion US Dollars yearly and is Closed Sundays too, yes six days only a week here.

Choices here do matter. :cool:

I like the cruiseship life. I love the entertainment.

I vote Ruby hands down. Newer, rooms much nicer.

Been on both and we agree. Ruby Ruby Ruby! :D I will say though that the Ruby was about 3 months out of a re-furb when we were on her so it was still sparkling big time. The CB was definitely in need of a few things when we were last on.

I am bouncing back and forth between the two ships for December. The itinerary does not matter as I have been on both. Anyone have any opinions??

I sailed on the Caribbean Princess last Sept and on the Ruby Princess last Feb. I much preferred the Ruby; mostly because of the quality of the ships staff. The horizon court staff on the Caribbean were too busy talking to each other to be bothered clearing tables and offering drinks.

Of course by now the crew probably has changed. At the time I sailed on her it was my 6th Princess cruise and the 4th Princess ship I had been on and I thought it was the worst Princess ship I had been on. Since then I have been on 3 other Princess ships and they were better than the Caribbean.

This is just my opinion so don't base your decision on just my experience.

I am bouncing back and forth between the two ships for December. The itinerary does not matter as I have been on both. Anyone have any opinions??

Ruby. Have sailed once on the Carribean and twice on the Ruby. The Ruby is a lot newer and a little nicer. Both are wonderful ships and you will certainly be happy with either but if all else was equal, Ruby is the clear choice IMHO.

The CB had its major overhaul a few years ago. What did you hear was going to be done, wet dock, dry dock? There are very few differences between the two ships and I loved them both. The Ruby has gelato at the International Cafe and has Adagio's bar next to Sabatini's. The CB has window suites and Skywalkers shades the Terrace pool. A few things are in different locations but that is about it. If both ships have itineraries that you are interested in, book according to price.

Archived