RBC Insurance

Nana57

Morning. We have used RBC for all of our cruising, except once. The other was offered also thru a travel agency, and proved to much more expensive. We have submitted claims to RBC and had no problems

We also have used RBC and no trouble with claims. My Dad broke his leg before a trip and no problem with them.

Thanks. Did you get the Preferred or Deluxe?

We always get the top line policy from RBC. I'm planning on buying RBC medical insurance for our next cruise to supplement the cruise line insurance.

Yes, it is RBC. Have you used it before.

No I have not used it ... however have friends who have. My husband is on to many medications and they will not cover him. My agent uses them and had an accident while overseas and was hospitalized... absolutely no problem getting it all sorted out. She recommends it highly.

RBC is a good reputable company, a major insurer in Canada. Our agent also sells RBC. However it must be noted that they have had some bad press this past year in the Toronto Media over denied claims. The issue was how the clients completed the questionaire or failed to complete it well enough. A couple of other companies have also had some bad press over denied claims. It seems the medical questionnaire ( if required ) is key and must be very accurate. Like most Canadian insurance companies, any hint of a pre-existing condition may result in a denial. Be sure to read the policy thoroughly, in particular the exclusion clauses about pre-exisiting conditions and any activities that may be excluded.

• 2 months later...
RBC is a good reputable company, a major insurer in Canada. Our agent also sells RBC. However it must be noted that they have had some bad press this past year in the Toronto Media over denied claims. The issue was how the clients completed the questionaire or failed to complete it well enough. A couple of other companies have also had some bad press over denied claims. It seems the medical questionnaire ( if required ) is key and must be very accurate. Like most Canadian insurance companies, any hint of a pre-existing condition may result in a denial. Be sure to read the policy thoroughly, in particular the exclusion clauses about pre-exisiting conditions and any activities that may be excluded.

I had a look at one of their online policies today. It didn't appear to cover air evacuation - ground ambulance only.

Archived