BREAKAWAY - Peter Max design revealed!!!

tokidoki

Is Liberty's image not copyrighted for commercial use?

I honestly don't know the answer to that, but my gut feeling is No.

Plus, it was Peter Max who was one of the primary funders for the statue's restoration project, and already had permission to include it in any of his artwork . . . and this ship hull is just basically a really really big 'canvas' for his brush strokes.

I have to say, I'm not a fan. I was really looking forward to seeing the hull art, and I find it garish. The sun's kinda cool, and even the planets, but I could do without the skyline and Liberty. The color scheme on Lady Liberty is just so weird looking, and I know that's Max's style, but it still looks strange.

Oh well, I'm still booked on her and I can't wait for the trip, I'll just have to ignore the hull art. :)

Thanks for sharing!!

All I can say is, yikes!! :eek: All its missing is the yellow submarine

I don't know about you guys, but I think this is getting a bit out of hand. I'd rather have a beautiful, elegant white ship.

My thoughts exactly. Looks like something out of a late 60's or early 70's cartoon like Fat Albert or Scooby Doo.

if he took the totally stupid planet mural out of it I might find it tolerable.

naaaaa :p

I've been trying to figure out what the heck the planets have to do with cruising ~ or with NYC ~ or with NCL, and haven't come up with an answer yet. :rolleyes:

I also think the floating head looks completely ridiculous.

...in a little too much blue eye shadow. Like a lady of the evening?:eek:

looks like a mural on a garage wall in the Bronx rather than a new state of the art ship
Yes, it does.

I like the idea of hull art but this seems too cartoonish truthfully. I was expecting something more sophisticated or stylish.
Yes, it does. We were all expecting stylish, sophisticated Manhattan, I think.

high school mural
Just when I had reconciled myself to the -away names, we get this. I don't think this can be reconciled.:(

WOW!!! That is a total "Breakway" from the usual hull art, but it's very cool.

I've been trying to figure out what the heck the planets have to do with cruising ~ or with NYC ~ or with NCL, and haven't come up with an answer yet. :rolleyes:

I also think the floating head looks completely ridiculous.

Confused?

John

Guest LoveMyBoxer

I don't think I have words as to how ugly that is! I think the images on the side of the U-Haul trucks looks better!

Archived