Capri

Molliemandy

The local buses run about every 20 mins from the Piazza near Via Roma in Capri town up to Anacapri. The fare is about 3 euro's return and they are small buses because they have to navigate some hair raising turns on the narrow road. The drivers are excellent though.

A tip...don't get off at the first Anacapri bus stop but stay on until the second one. It's much more convenient for the shops and town centre.

I like Anacapri very much. Have a great time.

The local buses run about every 20 mins from the Piazza near Via Roma in Capri town up to Anacapri. The fare is about 3 euro's return and they are small buses because they have to navigate some hair raising turns on the narrow road. The drivers are excellent though.

A tip...don't get off at the first Anacapri bus stop but stay on until the second one. It's much more convenient for the shops and town centre.

I like Anacapri very much. Have a great time.

Thanks Lottie . Good advice . I' m looking forward to going there

The busses also run from Marina Grande to Anacapri just past the ferry ticket booth. We took the bus from there and were able to bypass the funicular to get to Capri Town. When returning you can go either to Capri Town or Marina Grande.

If you are going to Anacapri I would highly recommend the chair lift up to Monte Solaro. There are some wonderful views from the top and a cafe too. I found Capri a very bustling little place especially the touristy shopping areas. Getting the chair lift you leave it all behind. Well worth it.

Phil

The busses also run from Marina Grande to Anacapri just past the ferry ticket booth. We took the bus from there and were able to bypass the funicular to get to Capri Town. When returning you can go either to Capri Town or Marina Grande.

This is exactly what we we did last summer.

We took the local bus direct from the stop near the ferry port to Anacapri. We rode the chair lift....fabulous views.....shopped and had lunch. Then we took another bus (from the same square) down to Capri Town. After looking around there we were planning on taking the funicular back down to the port but the queue was so long we took the alternative route and walked down!

If you are planning on taking the bus, be prepared for the hairpin bends.....and if it's high season, be prepared for 30 people to fit into a bus which looks like it should only take 15!!!!

Archived