Pirate Night

tashaw1234

This is our very first Disney cruise and I am trying to be as prepared as possible. We typically cruise princess so I know what to expect. I have a few questions and if any could give some input I would greatly appreciate it.

1. Pirate night...do many dress up or just wear regular clothes?

2. Formal night how formal for 10 and 15 boys... Typically on princess they wear jackets.

3. Room assignment 6060 balcony, does anyone know if the balcony is clear plexi glass?

4. Leaving on Magic out of Galveston we usually arrive early to port with Princess, but also have priority embarkation. What time should we be there since we have no perks being first timers.

Thanks again also any tips for a first time Disney cruiser are greatly appreciated.

This is our very first Disney cruise and I am trying to be as prepared as possible. We typically cruise princess so I know what to expect. I have a few questions and if any could give some input I would greatly appreciate it.

1. Pirate night...do many dress up or just wear regular clothes?

You will see some people who look like they just stepped off the POTC set, and others who, maybe, just wear the pirate bandana that DCL provides. Personally, we dress up. Some others wear pirate themed tshirts.

2. Formal night how formal for 10 and 15 boys... Typically on princess they wear jackets.

Jackets are fine. You'll find that some people onboard will march to their own drummer as to what's acceptable for formal night. We dress up.

3. Room assignment 6060 balcony, does anyone know if the balcony is clear plexi glass?

Sorry, don't know this one.

4. Leaving on Magic out of Galveston we usually arrive early to port with Princess, but also have priority embarkation. What time should we be there since we have no perks being first timers.

When you do your online checkin, you will select a Port Arrival Time. We've not cruised out of Galveston, so I'm not familiar with the terminal there. But at Port Canaveral, the terminal opens at 11:00 (sometimes a bit earlier), with boarding beginning about 11:45 (sometimes a bit earlier). When you check in at the port you will receive your actual boarding number. When boarding begins, #1 is Concierge, #2 is Platinum Castaway Club member, and then they start through the rest of the numbers in order. Generally, it takes about 45 minutes (or so) for the number being announced for boarding catches up to the numbers being issued at check in, at that time they announce open boarding, and you will be able to board the ship as soon as you check in.

Thanks again also any tips for a first time Disney cruiser are greatly appreciated.

See my answers in red

:)

We just sailed on the Wonder which is very similar to the magic - we were in room 6056 (which is very close to your room) and we had a clear plexi glass veranda. I assume yours will be the same as all the rooms on each side of us looked exactly the same :) hope that helps!

Archived