Vouchers for tips?

EydieG

Normally I don't read threads on tips so I might have missed this. My husband and I consider the tips part of the cruise so it isn't an option for us. For the last several years we have been prepaying our gratuities and just yesterday (on the Monarch) we were told they don't give out vouchers anymore. Apparently now they just send a list to the dinning room and to housekeeping. Our waitstaff and room steward neither one knew that we had prepaid (and yes it showed up on our account so we know it went through). Is this the norm now or just on the Monarch? If so, we will go back to paying in cash for the whole tip and not just the extra tips that some get and some don't.

In my opinion, you have done what you are supposed to do by pre-paying your tips. If it was me, I wouldn't worry about it, nor would I change my tipping habits or method because of what the cabin steward or wait staff told you.

It is up to Royal Caribbean to make the list readily available to employees and it is dependent on employees to check it if they are so inclined. It is their process and procedures.

I am not being critical, it is just my opinion. There are probably several list revisions as people during the cruise add tips to their onboard accounts. :)

Normally I don't read threads on tips so I might have missed this. My husband and I consider the tips part of the cruise so it isn't an option for us. For the last several years we have been prepaying our gratuities and just yesterday (on the Monarch) we were told they don't give out vouchers anymore. Apparently now they just send a list to the dinning room and to housekeeping. Our waitstaff and room steward neither one knew that we had prepaid (and yes it showed up on our account so we know it went through). Is this the norm now or just on the Monarch? If so, we will go back to paying in cash for the whole tip and not just the extra tips that some get and some don't.

As soon as the ship puts your prepaid gratuities in the system they show up in the waitstaff and room steward's accounts. They will receive them in the next pay period. No need to worry about it.

Archived