Carnival Anti Chair Hog Program Fleetwide

doitallWMB

Quote:

Originally Posted by quiltingandcruising viewpost.gif

I just love sea days and I would be happy will all sea days and no ports. I am one of those people who get up early, dress in my swim suit and cover up and go eat breakfast, get another cup of coffee and find a chair that I want and spend the rest of the day there. I do not put my stuff on a chair and leave until 10. The last cruise with my bff and her sister (who are both blonds and burning thinking about the sun) we found a wonderful spot. It was in the middle of the ship - the level you come in I believe, which yes is covered but so much closer to the sea. We spent the day, reading, laughing and drinking to the roar of the sea and not the scream of kids - bar was like 10 steps away though the door, another group of women found their way done there and there were plenty of loungers (all stacked up against the wall) for everyone.

You're most likely a hog, but without the conscience to admit it. Maybe soon there will be a program available for recovering "I deserve it attitudes" , but until then, keep safe and be a good unrepentant hog. :p

To me, they were not chair hogs, because they were using the chairs. If that is what they like best, they have a right to stay there all day, as long as they are in the chairs. To me, the chair hogs are the ones that come out early, put something on chairs to show someone is there and then leaves for hours.

i speak from experience as well.

if they detect you "setting up camp", they will request you cease and desist.

if that chair is empty for ten minutes, they tag it with a card, and then will move the stuff down to the end of the row, eventually collecting the stuff and bringing it to the cabana.

Yeah, this is what they are supposed to do. But our last cruise, nothing lie this was enforced.:(

I do hope the policy is enforced and it a success.

Curious as to what the next wave of protests /treads will be .

30/40 mins to long.? knock it down to 4 mins?

ccl offers equal oppurtunity, not equal outcome

once enforced ( and i truley hope they do) the only solution for those wanting a prime spot is get up early

It's not your chair if you are not in it.

Really? You aren't allowed to even get a quick drink from the water fountain? You aren't allowed to take a quick dip in the pool to cool off?

I hate hoggers as much as anyone but there are extremists on both sides of the argument.

There's a new sheriff in town and I WILL remove towels and stuff if no one is sitting in them whether there is a 'watchdog mom" or not.

If they do what it says on the sign and ships staff take their towels and stuff to the towel hut then you won't have to remove towels. I think they should enforce it by taking the towel and other belongings to the towel hut as they said on the sign. Then if you are using a chair your Carnival towel or your body MUST be on the chair. Staff would remove towel if a body is not lying on that towel within 40 minutes. Chair with NO towel is free to use no matter what else is on it other than a body. Since people usually only receive 1 Carnival towel each they would have to go to the towel hut to get their towel back or get another leaving that chair open for use. Thus it would remove the need for any arguments. I don't think it would be very relaxing to fight with people at the pool and I would not feel comfortable touching someone elses belongings. I want Carnival to be the enforcer not me.

Oh so if I am sitting on a chair next to my husband and get up and hop in the pool and right out 10 min later to sit back down. Or go to the bar and get a drink or go to the restroom. You think I no longer have a right to my chair. Good greif give me a freaking break! They are talking about the idiots that get up at 7am to hold a chair for hrs,

Actually the only time that would be a problem is when you are sitting with family because you then would not be near them. So maybe let people in the above suggested method save for a brief time for a family member BUT the person saving the 1-2 chairs must remain physically sitting in one of those chairs continuously so you and your husband could save ONLY if you take turns going to the restroom and bar. That seems fair and would decrease the abuse since those soccer moms won't want to sit in one of those empty loungers for the entire morning without a potty break just to give her family loungers at 11am.

Archived