Carnival Anti Chair Hog Program Fleetwide

doitallWMB

I can't believe no one has started a post on this. Maybe I missed it. CC is reporting that CCL will make the anti chair hog program tried on the Breeze fleetwide by the middle of September! No more Soccer Moms with 9 shoes and 3 books to hold chairs at 7 am !!!!!! WooooHoooo!:D

I was on the Breeze recently and success of the the anti-chair hogging program really is just so-so. It works IF the person, or group of people, have totally left the area and remain gone for 40 minutes. In a lot of cases, i watched the staff put stickers on the chairs, and as soon as the staff member moved on, a member of the party who had saved a lot of chairs simply removed the stickers, so in those cases (and there were MANY of them) the program failed!! I watched one woman remove stickers on 5 chairs... 40 minutes later, there was still no one sitting in them!!

I really hope Carnival can make this new policy work. I was sad and frustrated on our 1st cruise. It was a 5 day cruise with 1 at sea day. Well the sea day I wanted to lay out, read a book and watch the ocean. I didn't care if I wasn't near the pool area. I was happy to sit anywhere. Every chair was taken on all levels and front and back. Tons of saved chairs. There was this nice couple pointed out that the 2 chairs next to them that had towels on it that the people haven't been back over an hour. We started to move the towels and a lady from a big family group from another row of chairs down runs up to us and says they are saved and the nice couple next to us tells them they haven't been back so the lady grabs the towel and gives us dirty looks and stomps away. They had tons of chair on the other row saved with only 2 people there. It was hard to relax after searching and getting dirty looks. I hope it will be better on Glory in January because there is 2 sea days this time.

remove the sticker i would photograph them and take the picture to whoever was enforcing the policy. the take the chair i wanted and let them try to stop me.

Maybe they could offer a little plastic sheriff's star and a hat for volunteer "enforcers".

You would really waste vacation time hanging around waiting for people to remove stickers, take their picture and then go complain to the staff?

Personally, I have way better things to do on vacation than worry about whether someone is saving a lounge chair.

Maybe they could offer a little plastic sheriff's star and a hat for volunteer "enforcers".

You would really waste vacation time hanging around waiting for people to remove stickers, take their picture and then go complain to the staff?

Personally, I have way better things to do on vacation than worry about whether someone is saving a lounge chair.

True dat

It was in operation when I was on the Breeze and we saw towels and belongings removed several times by the attendant. We also saw people removing stickers from multiple chairs when the attendant had gone but he can't have eyes in the back of his head.

I heard about a woman who screamed for an hour at the staff after they removed the towels etc. from the nine chairs she had been saving since before 8:00am (it was lunchtime). Apparently Security were called. Can't verify this story as I did not witness it but I did witness a real bickering match beween aan English lady and an American lady over the merits of the system. Eventually another guest asked them both to kindly shut up.

0d287783.jpg

I have never , ever seen Carnival staff do anything to stop chair-hoggers. I have also never seen a ghost. Until I see either of these, I will remain skeptical. Maybe since this is a new attempt to enforce something that in the past they have not enforced ( at least not on the cruises I've been on )...maybe things will change for the better. I would love to see chair-hoggers ' put in their place ', so lets hope this works. It would be nice if the chairs were available for people to actually USE...instead of a place to lay towls and books. If a person is covering a chair while they swim or hot tub...or run to the restroom...or a quick trip back to the cabin..that doesnt bother me, especially if a spouse or family member is in the next chair. But it shouldnt be allowed to go eat lunch...go shopping...or simply just be off wandering the ship. Lets hope the new system works...but I guess I've had fantastic cruises so far WITH chair hogs, so I imagine either way I'll keep comming back for more!:)

I just love sea days and I would be happy will all sea days and no ports. I am one of those people who get up early, dress in my swim suit and cover up and go eat breakfast, get another cup of coffee and find a chair that I want and spend the rest of the day there. I do not put my stuff on a chair and leave until 10. The last cruise with my bff and her sister (who are both blonds and burning thinking about the sun) we found a wonderful spot. It was in the middle of the ship - the level you come in I believe, which yes is covered but so much closer to the sea. We spent the day, reading, laughing and drinking to the roar of the sea and not the scream of kids - bar was like 10 steps away though the door, another group of women found their way done there and there were plenty of loungers (all stacked up against the wall) for everyone.

Typical answer for a person who is a chair hog.....:)......Dennis

I was on the Breeze recently and success of the the anti-chair hogging program really is just so-so. It works IF the person, or group of people, have totally left the area and remain gone for 40 minutes. In a lot of cases, i watched the staff put stickers on the chairs, and as soon as the staff member moved on, a member of the party who had saved a lot of chairs simply removed the stickers, so in those cases (and there were MANY of them) the program failed!! I watched one woman remove stickers on 5 chairs... 40 minutes later, there was still no one sitting in them!!

People have already found a way to beat the system.

their will always be people who will try and beat the system and leave a guard to take the stickers, but at least it's an attempt to curtail the activity. and it may work a little... I have just taken over a chair when just a towel is left not very often, but I have done it once or twice, and as far as the scowling look I may get, I just smile and say thanks for saying my seat.. what people don;t understand is that those that save it at 0800 for someone who isn't coming until at least 1100 those chairs could have been used and then abandoned by someone like me who only want to use it for a few hours.. besides even large groups of people don't all lay out at the same time.... I hope the sticker guy catches the people pulling off all the stickers and then just take the stuff right then and there....

other people have as much right to the chair as they do... all equally....:rolleyes:

Archived