Carnival Anti Chair Hog Program Fleetwide

doitallWMB

i did't mean to wait around for someone to remove the sticker there was a person who said they saw people come right behind the carnival emplyee and removed the sticker as soon as they left. that is the ALL ABOUT ME idiot i was referring to. if i happend to be there looking for a chair to sit in. when i go to have lunch i take my stuff with me and hope to find another chair when i get back. hope again that carnival really makes an effort to enforce this policy. If done properly it will benifit everyone. with none of us having to do a think except enjoy a pleasant sea day

A simple "no body, no hold" rule would make things much easier than the stickers. Any chair with a towel, book, etc but no person in it: items get removed by staff and relocated to the towel hut - no grace period - if there isn't cheeks in the seat it is available.

What if I was just going to the WC or to get a bite of pizza? Get another chair if you come back and yours is taken. Without the chair hogs there should be plenty of open ones.

Oh so if I am sitting on a chair next to my husband and get up and hop in the pool and right out 10 min later to sit back down. Or go to the bar and get a drink or go to the restroom. You think I no longer have a right to my chair. Good greif give me a freaking break! They are talking about the idiots that get up at 7am to hold a chair for hrs,

Amy, you are right on... simple, if you leave for ANY reason find a new empty chair. You can't save your seat at the cassino, why should anyone think this type of activty is acceptable at the pool?

A simple "no body, no hold" rule would make things much easier than the stickers. Any chair with a towel, book, etc but no person in it: items get removed by staff and relocated to the towel hut - no grace period - if there isn't cheeks in the seat it is available.

What if I was just going to the WC or to get a bite of pizza? Get another chair if you come back and yours is taken. Without the chair hogs there should be plenty of open ones.

Some crazy glue on the blue stickers would teach the sticker pickers a lesson. But then I think the chair hogs should get the same treatment when they return to that chair. Glue their butts to that lounger & maybe next time they'll think twice.... Yes I am bad. Too bad crazy glue dries too quickly to nab the jerks when they do return.

Oh so if I am sitting on a chair next to my husband and get up and hop in the pool and right out 10 min later to sit back down. Or go to the bar and get a drink or go to the restroom. You think I no longer have a right to my chair.

It's not your chair if you are not in it.

Typical answer for a person who is a chair hog.....:)......Dennis

Wrong again...we have never had a problem finding a chair on deck. If there are none available by the pool, we move elsewhere. It's just not worth working yourself into a lather over when you're on vacation!

Amy, you are right on... simple, if you leave for ANY reason find a new empty chair. You can't save your seat at the cassino, why should anyone think this type of activty is acceptable at the pool?

If you're playing a table game, you certainly can have the dealer save your seat (even watch your chips if you're brave/foolish) while you go to the restroom.

remove the sticker i would photograph them and take the picture to whoever was enforcing the policy. the take the chair i wanted and let them try to stop me.

You my friend have too much anger and too much free time. You would not enjoy yourself on a cruise.

all i keep reading is that the hoggers are simplly removing the dots and walking off, as if someone is on guard. the only place i don't see this mentioned is on the brand ambassadors facebook page.

it is unfortunate they decided to copy ncl's process, as opposed to rccl's process, which has worked for years.

i also envision to this not working as well with an american based passenger list.

i also am not interested in sitting in a chair that has exfoliated someone else's skin.

look for a fttc program to be launched soon.

Maybe they could offer a little plastic sheriff's star and a hat for volunteer "enforcers".

You would really waste vacation time hanging around waiting for people to remove stickers, take their picture and then go complain to the staff?

Personally, I have way better things to do on vacation than worry about whether someone is saving a lounge chair.

Amen. Sounds to me that the kind of issues that people want to bring up on this thread should be dealt with by Camp Carnival staff (better in dealing with children)

I am just happy I no longer have the desire to sit out in the heat and sun and hassle with the chair hogs. I much prefer to be in the AC.

Years ago, my husband got up at 5 AM, to get two lounge chairs in the perfect place to view going through the Panama Canal and we(just 2 of us) stayed there until about 2 PM, with always one of us there, except when we both had to go to the bathroom at the same time. We came back in less than 5 minutes and two people had taken our 2 lounges and moved our things to the side. Needless to say, I first explained we had just been gone for 5 mintues and tried to be nice, but when their response was mean spirited, then I used strong words on my part(my husband says I have 'the look' and 'the voice' to let people know I am serious-I am sure other husbands know the look and the voice also;)), they moved out of our lounges. Then, when we were ready to leave, we found a very nice couple, brought them over to our lounges, they sat down on them with us for a moment and then we left. The two formerly mentioned people that had taken our lounges were not happy, but because they were not nice after we let them know we had only been gone 5 minutes to bathroom, we did not think they deserved the lounges. You might say we did not have the right to decide who got the lounges after we left, but possession is 9/10 of the law, so we did. :D

I always get a kick out of the "Chair Hog" issue because so many cruisers expect Carnival to solve a problem with our Society called selfishness. Sure they can post stickers, gather towels and chide offenders but the problem is with us. In the end, all they do is offend selfish cruisers who should know better and who end up selecting a different cruise line. Carnival can't win this battle. You make some cruisers happy at a cost of dozens of fares. Unfortunate but that's just human nature.

This all starts when your mother tells you when you are 5 years old to share some thing with others. You either do as she says or you say heck no. So your mother repeats this procedure again and again. Most times it takes but for some it is hopeless.

This sermon is over. Go in peace.

I always get a kick out of the "Chair Hog" issue because so many cruisers expect Carnival to solve a problem with our Society called selfishness. Sure they can post stickers, gather towels and chide offenders but the problem is with us. In the end, all they do is offend selfish cruisers who should know better and who end up selecting a different cruise line. Carnival can't win this battle. You make some cruisers happy at a cost of dozens of fares. Unfortunate but that's just human nature.

This all starts when your mother tells you when you are 5 years old to share some thing with others. You either do as she says or you say heck no. So your mother repeats this procedure again and again. Most times it takes but for some it is hopeless.

This sermon is over. Go in peace.

all i keep reading is that the hoggers are simplly removing the dots and walking off, as if someone is on guard. the only place i don't see this mentioned is on the brand ambassadors facebook page.

it is unfortunate they decided to copy ncl's process, as opposed to rccl's process, which has worked for years.

i also envision to this not working as well with an american based passenger list.

i also am not interested in sitting in a chair that has exfoliated someone else's skin.

look for a fttc program to be launched soon.

Give me a break. Chair hogs are on all lines, and it is no different on RCI, speaking from experience.

Give me a break. Chair hogs are on all lines, and it is no different on RCI, speaking from experience.

i speak from experience as well.

if they detect you "setting up camp", they will request you cease and desist.

if that chair is empty for ten minutes, they tag it with a card, and then will move the stuff down to the end of the row, eventually collecting the stuff and bringing it to the cabana.

So here is a question. If I see 1 empty chair and there's another empty chair a row down. Is it ok to ask Carnival employee to wheel that chair down to the other one? If yes, then should I give him a $1 or $2 tip right there?

That would be fine. Or you could drag it down yourself if you're able. They aren't heavy.

I just love sea days and I would be happy will all sea days and no ports. I am one of those people who get up early, dress in my swim suit and cover up and go eat breakfast, get another cup of coffee and find a chair that I want and spend the rest of the day there. I do not put my stuff on a chair and leave until 10. The last cruise with my bff and her sister (who are both blonds and burning thinking about the sun) we found a wonderful spot. It was in the middle of the ship - the level you come in I believe, which yes is covered but so much closer to the sea. We spent the day, reading, laughing and drinking to the roar of the sea and not the scream of kids - bar was like 10 steps away though the door, another group of women found their way done there and there were plenty of loungers (all stacked up against the wall) for everyone.

You're most likely a hog, but without the conscience to admit it. Maybe soon there will be a program available for recovering "I deserve it attitudes" , but until then, keep safe and be a good unrepentant hog. :p

I am a self admitted chair hog. I get to the pool around 10 and claim my spot along with a chair for my wife. I sit in mine and place a towel on hers. An hour later, she makes her way to her chair--next to mine. I just can't wait all day on "perfection" as she puts it.

Archived