Can I bring any non or alcoholic beverages

Magum

Can anyone tell me if NCL allows any alcoholic or non alcoholic beverages to be brought on the ship? I know some cruise lines allow 1 bottle of wine or water. How thorough are they at checking your bags!!:D

NCLs policy is non-alcoholic is OK...no limit. (not mentioned in their policies, but this is what happens)

Alcohol: one wine and champagne and then a $15 feed per 750 ml bottle (no limit)

from the NCL website FAQs

Wine & Champagne Policy

Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

750 ml Bottle: $15.00

1,000 ml Bottle: $ 20.00

1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00

Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.

Can anyone tell me if NCL allows any alcoholic or non alcoholic beverages to be brought on the ship? I know some cruise lines allow 1 bottle of wine or water. How thorough are they at checking your bags!!:D

NCL allows you to bring on a reasonable amount of soda/water and other non-alcoholic beverages. You can also bring wine on board after paying a corkage fee of $15.00 per regular size bottle. Liquor is not allowed but you can buy a bar setup.

John

Thanks I know the last time we were on Carnival they allowed one bottle of wine per guest but if you drank it outside your stateroom you had to pay a fee. Was hoping NCL might be the same! However, being allowed to bring non alcoholic beverages is really nice. Just wanted to make sure before we packed some, didn't want it to get tossed!

you pay the corkage fee on NCL before you get the wine on the ship. They put a sticker on the bottle and you can drink it anywhere.

No beer or booze at all, including O'Douls

You can take water or soda. Best to tape up a case and put a room tag on it. I would also add that the water on the ship is awesome and bringing your own isn't really necessary.

1) Yes, you can buy mixers and have them delivered to you.

2) To the college guy, come on be smart! Those security guards in the terminals have seen EVERYTHING. I would never condone such stuff ;) but if you are indeed going to try and do what you say then be creative or you will just end up wasting your time and money.

3)I don't know why you would bring your own wine on board unless you bottle wine your self lol... You still have to pay for it and then the corking fee. NCL's wines are not that expensive... so unless you have an absolute favorite wine and will not drink anything else then I guess do it... But hey your on a cruise, maybe try a new wine?

3)I don't know why you would bring your own wine on board unless you bottle wine your self lol... You still have to pay for it and then the corking fee. NCL's wines are not that expensive... so unless you have an absolute favorite wine and will not drink anything else then I guess do it... But hey your on a cruise, maybe try a new wine?

Pedroncelli Vintage port. It's worth paying the corkage fee for me. I'll buy the icewine on board, but I'm bringing and sharing my favorite alcoholic beverage.

Even adding the corkage fee to the purchase price, it's still cheaper for me to bring my favorite wine on board than to buy from NCL. And very few places have that particular wine.

Yes, I do try other wines by the glass, but having an old familiar standby is nice, too.

Archived