Back from the Destiny! Great Cruise!!

simkoreb

We sailed Destiny from Aug 20th through 25th. Although I was nervous getting mixed reviews from others, overall it was great.

Food-I really enjoyed the MDR food, although the lido buffet (sp?) got old by day 3. The asian food place was really good and DH ate there every day for lunch. I liked the pizza too, but the caesar salad was gross from the pizza station...way too much dressing. Chicken strips were great with some fries and honey mustard.

Room-The room was literally falling apart (light switch came off the wall, lights not working, no cold water in the sink which was wierd) but we laughed everytime we saw something else wrong. I'm sure it will all be fixed when refurbed soon.

Staff-they were great, always working hard. I liked Noonan the cruise director. He was very entertaining. The nightly shows were a little boring, but we just left and found something else to do if we weren't interested.

We had a balcony room on the 6th floor midship. Right next to the elevators but noise wasn't bad.

Our stops were Grand Turk, Princess Caye, and Bahamas. We did private excursions or just walked around at each stop.

One wierd thing...we went to the MDR for lunch to redeem our free drink coupon. They had waiters just standing there so we just grabbed our drinks (long island and kiss on lips) and they took our coupon. We did not have to actually eat in the MDR. Anyways, they also credited our sign and sail 8.99 twice but didn't ever charge us for the drinks. So those free drink coupons actually scored us 2 free drinks and 18 dollars in ship credit. (trust me, no where did they charge us for the drinks...we do not drink a lot so it was really easy to keep track)

Also, the past guest party was GREAT!!!! Tons of alcohol and yummy treats to eat. I am so glad we went. There were not that many people there, and they just kept giving out full size drinks!!! yum yum!!! I think I had 2 there and carried another out with me.

If you have anything you want to know, I'll try and help.

Half moon...whoops! Princess was a few cruises ago. Half moon was by far the most beautiful place ever. We went down to get tender stickers 30 min early and were the second tender off.

If you are sailing soon, best advice is to just avoid the crowds by getting to things early. We didn't take a lot of pictures, sorry.

We didn't go in any of the pools. We just swam in the ocean. We did an awesome excursion in the Bahamas we booked ourselves if anyone wants to know more about it.

It was the three snorkle stop through Stuarts Cove. Saw a plane wreck, some pretty good coral and fish (although I have seen better snorkeling spots at other ports) and the last stop was a swim with the sharks which was awesome! I think it was called ultimate snorkeling trip or something like that through island ,arketing. We could swim wherever we wanted, so it was very fun too, we didn't have to follow anyone around. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Half moon...whoops! Princess was a few cruises ago. Half moon was by far the most beautiful place ever. We went down to get tender stickers 30 min early and were the second tender off.

If you are sailing soon, best advice is to just avoid the crowds by getting to things early. We didn't take a lot of pictures, sorry.

We didn't go in any of the pools. We just swam in the ocean. We did an awesome excursion in the Bahamas we booked ourselves if anyone wants to know more about it.

I thought they had cancelled the past guest parties?

Thank for your review. We will be on bord the rename Carnaval Sunshine (Carnaval Destiny) on her inaugural cruise in april 2013. I would like to know if their is laudry facilities on board and if so where are they located.

Boucalatrem

Archived