Oasis - Exterior cabin - Central Park View

Hello,

I have booked, for my mother and I, and with the recommandation of my TA a Central Park View cabin (9595) on the Oasis for February.

Look like a kinda large stateroom with a nice window sitting and an additionnal sitting aera.

Does anyone had a cabin in that aera? Is it nice? No balcony but still worth it?

Thanks in advance for your comments!!

Annie ;)

My husband and I stayed in 9251 - Central Park View. We LOVED the cabin! Yes, it is a little larger with the bay window and love seat at the window. Personally, we would not have wanted a balcony over Central Park because the balconies are not private and since we went in July we knew it would hot to sit out on the balcony. Since you are going in February, the heat won't be as bad. We felt the added space of the Central Park View was better than a balcony in our opinion.

It was a nice quiet cabin as well. Central Park is not a noisy area of the ship. Enjoy!

:)thank you so much... as it's my first cruise, I wasn't sure what would be the best... :o

Annie as a 1st time cruiser and that cruise being on the Oasis any cabin selection will be the best. There are only two cruise ships sailing that offer the unique cabin category that you have selected.

Have a great cruise!

:)thank you so much... as it's my first cruise, I wasn't sure what would be the best... :o

Everyone has their own opinion I'm sure regarding the balcony over Central Park, but I don't think you will be disappointed with the cabin. We really liked the location too as it was easy to get to dining and other areas of the ship.

Here is a pic of what our room looked like.

264071607_CabinView-9251-001.jpg.0a72d3f89b8654714994976e29e0db05.jpg

Rememeber when you return to your cabin in the evening to close the window coverings. It can be pretty easy to see across central park into other cabins if left open.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

thanks so much for the tips!! I will for sure not forget about this...

Thanks to everyone who answered... CC members, you are the BEST :D

There is no balcony on Deck 9 Central Park, large glass window.

Yes, I know that - sorry if my post was confusing. We stayed on deck 9 (see previous post & my pic of our cabin on deck 9). The OP was asking about the Central Park View on deck 9 vs. a cabin with a balcony.

My husband and I stayed in 9251 - Central Park View. We LOVED the cabin! Yes, it is a little larger with the bay window and love seat at the window. Personally, we would not have wanted a balcony over Central Park because the balconies are not private and since we went in July we knew it would hot to sit out on the balcony. Since you are going in February, the heat won't be as bad. We felt the added space of the Central Park View was better than a balcony in our opinion.

It was a nice quiet cabin as well. Central Park is not a noisy area of the ship. Enjoy!

O dear: I have booked a Central Park view on deck 12 with a balcony in November .

If they are not private would I have been better on deck 9 with an exterior view?

O dear: I have booked a Central Park view on deck 12 with a balcony in November .

If they are not private would I have been better on deck 9 with an exterior view?

I think you might be confused a bit.

Your balcony is yours, and only yours.

However, as you can imagine, you can look across CP and see all the other balconies on the other side.

I think you will really like your deck 12 cabin.

Take a look at some of the reviews with pictures of Allure/Oasis to get an idea of Central Park and the CP cabins. Central Park is truly an engineering marvel, just an incredible place.

I meant by not being a private balcony that others in their balconies directly across Central Park can see you if you are on your balcony. And those walking around through Central Park can see you if you are on your balcony. To me, that is not private compared to having a balcony on the ocean view where no one can stare at you from the ocean.

After staying on Deck 9 in the Central Park View cabin, we did not feel that we would ever want a balcony over Central Park, but that is our opinion only. Central Park was our favorite part of the ship. Enjoy!

It appears that the location of the sofa in the CP view cabins alternates. sometimes it's by the window seat, sometimes near the bathroom.

Sofa near bathroom

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2825481960048908256cfmzwZ

...and a video tour from youtube, sofa near window seat

Thanks so much... I hope I will end up with the option one (sofa near bathroom)... but whatever option I will end with, I am sure I will have the time of my Life on this beauty :D

Thanks so much... I hope I will end up with the option one (sofa near bathroom)... but whatever option I will end with, I am sure I will have the time of my Life on this beauty :D

I too have a CP view stateroom for my Dec. 2nd cruise (Allure) and plan on taking quite a few pictures and video to post her later. Since they alternate I hope to catch a few with the doors open so I can make note of which ones have the sofas in what locations. It might help those later down the road in their decisions on getting these types of rooms. :D

I meant by not being a private balcony that others in their balconies directly across Central Park can see you if you are on your balcony. And those walking around through Central Park can see you if you are on your balcony. To me, that is not private compared to having a balcony on the ocean view where no one can stare at you from the ocean.

After staying on Deck 9 in the Central Park View cabin, we did not feel that we would ever want a balcony over Central Park, but that is our opinion only. Central Park was our favorite part of the ship. Enjoy!

Thanks I now understand :)

My apartment at home here has a balcony looking out at the ocean so people watching at Central Park will be a special treat for me :

Archived