Webster or Texas City? (Houston/Galveston)

CruzieSue

We will be cruising out of Galveston this coming March, 2013. If you are a Houston/Galveston area resident or have stayed in either of these places, which area would be better, Webster or Texas City, as far as safety, ease in getting around, choice of restaurants, etc.? I have reservations at Staybridge Suites in Webster, but have found a better rate at Comfort Inn & Suites in Texas City. Obviously Texas City is a lot closer to Galveston which would seem to be a huge plus. Webster has received good reviews from a family member, but don't know anything about Texas City. Any constructive and informative comments will be welcomed. Thanks :)

Why don't you stay in Galveston?

PRICES !!! Having trouble finding any availability to start with, and what is available is double or more of what we will pay in Webster (our cruise is the week of March 17-24, 2013). :eek:

Webster is close enough to drive down to Galveston for the day on Saturday before we sail on Sunday. Also, closer to Houston-Hobby for picking up one of our party flying in from California.

Thanks for the info on Texas City - will keep the Webster City reservation unless the hotel fairy helps me find something more reasonable in Galveston. :)

PRICES !!! Having trouble finding any availability to start with, and what is available is double or more of what we will pay in Webster (our cruise is the week of March 17-24...

My two cents...

I just plugged Galveston and March 16 into TripAdvisor.com...and, yes, some hotels are pricey...but I also got places like the Inn at Waterpark for $79 per night...There were other lower priced options as well...I don't know this hotel, but we're it me, I'd probably stay there before going to Webster or Texas City...

In my book, I consider the night before the cruise as part of my vacation...and I want my vacation to be nice...

How much does one save in Webster? $20 or $30? and how much are you paying for the whole trip? To me, I'll pay a few dollars more for convenience...and to have my night before be in a nicer place...and leave me with a short trip to the pier...

Just my humble opinion...

My two cents...

I just plugged Galveston and March 16 into TripAdvisor.com...and, yes, some hotels are pricey...but I also got places like the Inn at Waterpark for $79 per night...There were other lower priced options as well...I don't know this hotel, but we're it me, I'd probably stay there before going to Webster or Texas City...

In my book, I consider the night before the cruise as part of my vacation...and I want my vacation to be nice...

How much does one save in Webster? $20 or $30? and how much are you paying for the whole trip? To me, I'll pay a few dollars more for convenience...and to have my night before be in a nicer place...and leave me with a short trip to the pier...

Just my humble opinion...

Must be spring break

And inn at water park is a very doable option and is part of and next to moody gardens which is a wonderful family oriented park and venue.

Moody gardens should have a bus to all of galveston.

See website for moody gardens and call about availablity of hotel bus to other venues and cruise terminal.

Must be spring break

And inn at water park is a very doable option and is part of and next to moody gardens which is a wonderful family oriented park and venue.

Moody gardens should have a bus to all of galveston.

See website for moody gardens and call about availablity of hotel bus to other venues and cruise terminal.

Yeah, pretty much every school down here will be on Spring Break from March 11-15, with parents stretching that into the weekend of the 16th-17th. I'm surprised Inn at the Waterpark is only $79! I'd jump on that in a heartbeat. Probably be lots of kids there, though, because of being next to Schlitterbahn, and having the mini-golf course and all. But should have fewer rowdy teenage Spring Break-ers than the Seawall properties, so that's a plus. :)

If Galveston isn't an option, and I had to choose between the two, I'd choose Webster over Texas City. It's only about an extra 10-15 minutes to drive, and Webster has a much better selection of restaurants and places to kill time the night before the cruise if you want.

If Galveston becomes an option then I say go for it.

If Galveston isn't an option, and I had to choose between the two, I'd choose Webster over Texas City. It's only about an extra 10-15 minutes to drive, and Webster has a much better selection of restaurants and places to kill time the night before the cruise if you want.

If Galveston becomes an option then I say go for it.

Excellent observation!

Rudyard and Shekim ... thank you for your posts, that's what I needed to know (Webster over Texas City). Right now we have a very nice 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, living room suite reserved in Webster for at least half the price or more of what I can find for 2 single rooms in Galveston. :eek: Will keep looking (have plenty of time) but now feel confident Webster is a good choice. Thanks. :)

Archived